The kona electric delivery time thread

• Creator
    Topic
  • #173849 Reply
    Capuchin

I know a few of us are eagerly awaiting delivery of these so thought Iโ€™d make a thread so we can all keep track of updates etc

Ordered ultimate Misty jungle (with light leather) on 9th November. Delivery slated for end of March. Dealer has had no update yet.

Viewing 25 replies - 526 through 550 (of 779 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #185581 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Oops meant to say arriving at Tilbury 13th June

#185585 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Grand Pavo arriving Tilbury June 14th – donโ€™t know if any other departures

#185641 Reply
    Jason

Been watching this thread for a while, my car arrived in Tilbury end of April but currently the dealer cannot say when they will receive the car, apparently ย the system does not seem to be updated by Hyundai.

Anyone else having this issue?

#185656 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thanks Jason – interesting!</p>
    Did you get a VIN number and if so at what point.

Did the dealer know where your car was before it got to Tilbury.

What spec car did you order and when.

Still trying to get my head around the process – people seems to be having different experiences.

Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ‘

#185695 Reply
    Ian Websell

#185694 Reply
    Ian Websell

Hello

My Kona EV Ultimate arrived in Tilbury on 30th March, the Dealer took delivery on Monday 25th April, we got it on 29th April and are loving it. My VIN number was given to me 3 weeks before delivery to Tilbury. Whilst still on the Ship.

Our Kona has settled to run at 5.5kwh and is returning 354 miles on a full charge.
    Just finished charging for the 2nd in 3 weeks. I will add the photo from the Blue Link app to show you all. The cost for. 9 hours of charge has cost ยฃ6.75. So to be honest, Iโ€™m ok with that. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

All the safety and warnings are working as well as we were expecting, although taking a bit to getting used to them, as they were not on my last car.
    The ventilated seats have been a dream the last few days (and does not run car battery) so range stays the same. The range will only drop if you used โ€˜heatโ€™ in the car or air con.
    You can have air blown in without using any range. Rear heated window, also no issue with the range as all these run off 12v battery, along with heater seats and steering wheel. Only the ( heat or air con button ) affects the range.
    To be honest, on cold nights or days, the heated seats and wheel in enough to stay warm. So all good so far.
    If you have any questions, just ask away and Iโ€™ll do my best to answer. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

#185709 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Thanks Ian – all good to know.

glad you are enjoying your car – Iโ€™m guessing sunroof has been useful also over the last few days to let initial heat out before ventilated seats kick in.

I hadnโ€™t realised the heated rear window ran off the normal car battery.

thanks again for info ๐Ÿ‘

#185717 Reply
    Ian Websell

@tillyman

I was hoping you would see this.
    Yes all good and we love it. As we can understand the Heater in the car is the only thing that affects the range along with air conditioning. We shall let you know if we find anything else out that effects the range.
    Im sure in the winter will be a different story, but for now, we are enjoying the comfort. And the cost. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

#185752 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

I thought this article on advantages and disadvantages on differing ways to charge your car could be of interest to those of us awaiting delivery, as well as those who have recently taken delivery

https://pluginreport.com/should-i-charge-my-electric-car-every-night/

#185760 Reply
    Garry p

Great Article that Tillyman .thanks

#185829 Reply
    Garry p

Just had the Dreaded email car has been knocked back again till September now

#185941 Reply
    Xz130
    Participant

Great news! After much badgering for information from my dealer I’ve finally been given a handover date of the 7th of June for my 64Kwh Jungle green premium. I can’t wait.

Current car
    2019 Hyundai Ioniq Premium in black
    New car 2022 Hyundai Kona premium in Jungle green.

#185943 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Great news Xz130 – Iโ€™m pleased for you.

Were you notified when it was on the ship and given a VIN.

Ordered mine late October – also misty jungle but ultimate and light grey trim.

I asked my dealer for latest 12 days ago – still waiting for reply – I understand they are often having to wait for 2 weeks for update from supply.

I bet you will be like a kid at Christmas counting ย down the days – enjoy๐Ÿ‘

#185944 Reply
    Xz130
    Participant

Great news Xz130 โ€“ Iโ€™m pleased for you. Were you notified when it was on the ship and given a VIN. Ordered mine late October โ€“ also misty jungle but ultimate and light grey trim. I asked my dealer for latest 12 days ago โ€“ still waiting for reply โ€“ I understand they are often having to wait for 2 weeks for update from supply. I bet you will be like a kid at Christmas counting down the days โ€“ enjoy๐Ÿ‘

Hi @Tillyman, I was never given a VIN but I was told it was on the ship in late February early March. I was in the dealership for a service on my Ioniq earlier this month when I was told it was in their compound awaiting pdi and adaptions to be fitted. If I were you I’d keep asking for info as that seems to be the only way to get anywhere.

Current car

#185910 Reply
    Sigma

Not great news Garry but at least you are getting some form of communication from Hyundai. Unless I call my Dealer I get nothing.

#185953 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Disappointing Garry P – but hopefully that date will hold.

Thanks for the info Xz130 – yes I will give it a couple of days and ask again.

#186001 Reply
    Jason

@tillyman

update I had call from dealership, Saturday saying car arrived and collecting tomorrow morning, so around same timeframe as yours.

#186015 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Thanks Jason – good news – ๐Ÿ‘

what spec is yours and did you get VIN sent to you – I emailed dealer again yesterday – still no update since being told built but not shipped back in late February

Thanks

#186022 Reply
    Jason

I went with the ultimate 64kw

long story was I had ordered an ID3 last September and was told early March no build date allocated and realistically was looking at March 2023.

trip to Hyundai and a test drive and the dealer had one built and ready to ship so took that.

I had the vin number emailed mid April which showed the expected date of arrival for the ship was 30/4/22.

fingers crossed you get an update soon.

#186027 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Thanks Jason

Some similarities – I also went for ID3 – ordered car – a few days later had a few questions about home wall charger etc – must have left at least 4 messages – phoned etc – switch board assured me message had been passed on – never ever got reply – so went and ordered Kona late October – VW joke service – they must have known car was about to be taken off Motability.
    I will never do business with that garage again ย – disgusting behaviour.

So will just have to be patient on Kona – havenโ€™t had VIN yet which makes me assume it hasnโ€™t been shipped or only recently – just annoying I canโ€™t plan for summer knowing when car swop will be – anyway less of my rant – hope you get your car tomorrow and it is all you expected – enjoy ๐Ÿ‘

#186067 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Hi all

Just received reply from my Motability dealer –

Car to be shipped 31st May

Arrival 19th July – then add 2 weeks until arrival at dealer.

No idea which ship or why it appears to be longer at sea than others – presumably other stops on the way.

So sounds like August / September – but at least it is info!!

#186070 Reply
    Xz130
    Participant

Hi all Just received reply from my Motability dealer โ€“ Car to be shipped 31st May Arrival 19th July โ€“ then add 2 weeks until arrival at dealer. No idea which ship or why it appears to be longer at sea than others โ€“ presumably other stops on the way. So sounds like August / September โ€“ but at least it is info!!

Great news for you finally

Current car

#186137 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Have you got the car Jason photos be lovely

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#186186 Reply
    Garry p

well just had a email from dealership and car has come forward now to 31/08/22 . Has anyone else had this yo-yo of dates for delivery . And has anyone else been told this date for there new kona ultimate???

#186194 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

well just had a email from dealership and car has come forward now to 31/08/22 . Has anyone else had this yo-yo of dates for delivery . And has anyone else been told this date for there new kona ultimate???

My latest update this week was August, previously it was August/September. The message did stress this is an estimate. I think I would settle for August, especially the way the car industry is going, and I feel for those choosing now with limited choice and long lead times.

Viewing 25 replies - 526 through 550 (of 779 total)
Reply To: The kona electric delivery time thread
Your information: