The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion

• Creator
    Topic
  • #173849 Reply
    Capuchin

I know a few of us are eagerly awaiting delivery of these so thought I’d make a thread so we can all keep track of updates etc

Ordered ultimate Misty jungle (with light leather) on 9th November. Delivery slated for end of March. Dealer has had no update yet.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 1,432 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #174965 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

What Home chargers are you all being offered

Entirely down to Motability, either BP pulse of Ohme

#174966 Reply
    Xz130
    Participant

What Home chargers are you all being offered

Entirely down to Motability, either BP pulse of Ohme

due to not having the funds to pay for a dropped kerb or a new fence I won’t be eligible for a home charger so I’m going to use the card the give you instead.

Current car 2022 Hyundai Kona premium in Jungle green.

#174967 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Oof. Managed to get through to a sneaky contact at Hyundai HQ. New orders are slated to take 35-37 weeks internally. If a dealer gives you a number under 24 weeks take it with a huge barrel of salt.

. Apparently a new Kona Ev will take 5 months, 22 weeks if ordered now and the lead time has increased from 13/15 weeks last autumn.

#174969 Reply
    Capuchin

Yea I don’t believe that. I think that last November/Autumn time was around 5 months and suspect they are using a metric of ‘built in factory’ instead of ‘delivered to customer’ to quote these times.

ie. In Autumn it took the factory 13-15 weeks to build, now it takes 22 weeks. Still takes 4-8 weeks to get from the factory to customer.

#174976 Reply
    moggy
    Participant

Wow that was quick, ordered on the 18th and had a call from Ohme today.

#175147 Reply
    Fadetogrey
    Participant

Hi all,I was last on last year,had a Skoda superb (loved it) but car was due renewal and my health wasn’t great but I wanted what is likely to be one last car.So after much looking online,several various test drives (by my wife mainly) we decided last September on a Hyundai Kona Ultimate in white.
    the dealer Saltmarine motors (N.Ireland) we’re excellent especially the salesman Graeme,gave me a test drive and was very honest about real life battery time.He told us the 300 mile full charge was never going to be obtained by us in normal  driving especially in winter with heating,A/C on etc.

so we ordered and we’re told originally end of November last,but two weeks before he rang and said “I’m sorry but it’s looking like second week in January”that wasn’t a problem as we had a car but we were happy he kept us informed with no promises.

so second week came and Graeme called saying car was in and I could have it in three days.Unfortunately I was in hospital but wife went and collected it and she said Graeme couldn’t have been more helpful explaining how it all works,taking her for a run in it and making sur she was happy (she was).

Anyway I’m out of hospital but wife is doing the driving now but I can still give my opinion on it.I’m very happy with it,starting with minus points and I’m comparing much of it with the Skoda.

Build quality very good but I think as it’s electric it’s made as light as possible,this means the doors need a good slam to ensure their closed properly,(Skoda had a solid clunk) driving is so different in a good way,it whoshes along and although the wife is no boy racer I reckon it could leave many fast cars at the lights.

Problems inside? Several but not necessarily Hyundai fault,never heard so many dings,dongs,and warnings in a car.some things are a real pain like the auto hold,you need to push the button each time you get in the car to have it work! Who wouldn’t want it on all the time? Many warnings such as lane keeping (a beep beep), vehicle in front of you has moved ding ding(really), on motorway you put on indicator to overtake ding ding (there’s a vehicle in the outside lane) 🙄,I realise and do appreciate Hyundai is trying to make driving safer but the wife’s still capable of driving herself.

onto range the dealer was honest if a bit pessimistic,we only use the car mostly for short runs of ten miles or so and are only charging about every six days and that’s with well over half charge at the time.good things also are ability to preheat the car whenever you want,so all in all we are very happy with the kona and would have no trouble in recommending it to anyone who are not long distance drivers.

#175152 Reply
    Chris

Thanks for the review I only doa long drive once a year maybe 2 trips a year so I think this will be ok just have to plan my routes before hand

#175207 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

just have to plan my routes before hand

This is the new norm for now!

Mazda CX5 is my DD
    VW ID3 Max on order 5 Nov 21

#175217 Reply
    Chris

I’m looking forward to it!

#175713 Reply
    Chris

Got some news car has been ordered factory accepted my order And it has been dated for 1/05/2022

#175714 Reply
    Xz130
    Participant

Got some news car has been ordered factory accepted my order And it has been dated for 1/05/2022

when did you order the car?  I’m hoping mine isn’t going to be a huge wait.

#175719 Reply
    chris

@xz130 I ordered 14th of January

#175720 Reply
    chris

#175721 Reply
    Xz130
    Participant

Thanks for your help, I’m glad you have a build date for your car.

#175927 Reply
    Javert

We test drove a Kona yesterday along with a couple of other cars and we are planning to order one on Friday – the dealer was a bit vague saying “4-6” months – which I took to mean probably 6-8 months!

#175931 Reply
    Chris

It’s hard to believe them

#176123 Reply
    Javert

We ordered a Kona today – dealer said that they had just had a bulletin yesterday and they were saying July delivery on Konas generally, but 28 weeks on ultimate spec which we ordered.

He has put 1st August on the order form but he said realistically expect September/October time.

#176281 Reply
    Chris

28 weeks is crazy I got told may just hope they keep to that I also went for the ultimate trim

#176297 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

We ordered a Kona today – dealer said that they had just had a bulletin yesterday and they were saying July delivery on Konas generally, but 28 weeks on ultimate spec which we ordered. He has put 1st August on the order form but he said realistically expect September/October time.

I have an estimated date of March 1st, but in reality I think mid April, and would settle for that.

#176649 Reply
    Capuchin

So some good news! Looks like mine will arrive mid to late April. So looking like 22-24 weeks total

#176650 Reply
    Capuchin

Quite likely our Konas will share a boat @fwipperie

#176670 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Quite likely our Konas will share a boat @fwipperie

I would like to think so, ordered mine late November so 22-24 weeks will be End of April. My dealer was not able to give me precise info and Hyundai tell them not to promise anything. If we had gone for the ID.3, the waiting time is officially 12 months+ but in reality is closer to 18! 5 months sounds pretty good by comparison.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by fwippers.
    #176673 Reply
    Capuchin

My poor dealer knows nothing lol. I’m leaving him alone as he’s been nothing but helpful and overworked!

I don’t know the exact dates but my production run includes ultimates from 6th November so I’d assume it includes yours as boats are quite large? Think they are on monthly cycles so 6th Nov- 5th Dec or something. Also unsure if production has actually started yet or if it’s this week. Just know that it’s scheduled 10 weeks from now and that they refuse to airlift it for me.

2 months from order to production isn’t bad at all honestly! And I prefer it to the ID3 (I don’t like the ‘no buttons thing’) – My first choice was the Seat Leon hybrid estate but they removed that one 🙁

I feel bad for the VAG and Mercedes orders, and suspect BMW is gonna go the same way.

#176870 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Ohme charger fitted today, around 2  & 1/2 hours. Just need the car. Interestingly the delivery time for the Kona Electric is now 6 months, up from 3. Hopefully ours will be a bit quicker than that!

#176873 Reply
    struth
    Participant

Ohme charger fitted today, around 2 & 1/2 hours. Just need the car. Interestingly the delivery time for the Kona Electric is now 6 months, up from 3. Hopefully ours will be a bit quicker than that!

that was quick. mine was over 5hrs fitting and was supposedly straightforward-ish lol. just one guy mind.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 1,432 total)
Reply To: Reply #178275 in The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion
Your information: