The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion

• Creator
    Topic
  • #173849 Reply
    Capuchin

I know a few of us are eagerly awaiting delivery of these so thought I’d make a thread so we can all keep track of updates etc

Ordered ultimate Misty jungle (with light leather) on 9th November. Delivery slated for end of March. Dealer has had no update yet.

Viewing 25 replies - 451 through 475 (of 1,333 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #184429 Reply
    Chris

Fingers crossed I get mine in july

#184474 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Still no update from Hyundai after 2 weeks but I was “promised” a callback very shortly, possibly tomorrow or Thursday, and was also told the system had shown an update of April 27th, whatever that means. For those who like to track ships her is the latest info.

Vessel / Voyage
    Port of Loading
    Port of Discharging
    Port
    Departure
    EUKOR
    Agent
    Port
    Arrival
    EUKOR
    Agent
    MORNING CONCERT V-149
    ULSAN, KOREA
    2022-04-09
    E
    A
    TILBURY, U.K.
    2022-05-15
    E
    A
    GRAND PAVO V-105
    ULSAN, KOREA
    2022-05-14
    E
    A
    TILBURY, U.K.
    2022-06-12
    E
    A

The grand pavo translates to big turkey, perhaps that’s suggesting a Christmas delivery! Lets hope not.

#184479 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

If it is Grand Pavo at Christmas – some of us might be saying – stuff it 😂

Good info thanks – let’s hope for Morning Concert 👍

#184480 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

If it is Grand Pavo at Christmas – some of us might be saying – stuff it 😂 Good info thanks – let’s hope for Morning Concert 👍

Lets hope they dont rename it the midnight mass!

#184481 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

And whilst altering names would that be with a Midnight Concert  – really hope not!!

#184515 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Good morning all

just got off the phone from supply.

call was answered soon enough but – totally stone walled as to any information regarding 1011 or updates.  Stated that this was all up to dealership to give updates.

I pointed out that as this was now policy – they should have emailed me to that effect or make it clear on website – I explained I had sent them request for update with my 1011 code two weeks ago and all I had was email to confirm receipt and told they would be in touch!!

They also said if my car was built late February then my dealer should have VIN number – which is when car is shipped.

I have messaged my dealer with the above info and asked for latest update.

I will let you know if any feed back I receive.

It is not a good look for Hyundai – I get there are difficulties and most of us will ride it out as other manufactures are having similar production difficulties or worse – but keeping customers in the loop is just good PR.

Rant over 😂👍

#184519 Reply
    Garry p

Well guys just heard that Hyundai have there wiring looms made in the Ukraine and what’s going on over there the supply has stopped. Which means guys another 3/4 months wait for our cars . I don’t 100 percent know this is true but I have emailed my dealership and Hyundai to ask them but at this min no reply. So if anyone has any information if this is true or false please please share it

#184521 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Just received reply from dealer to say – he has given me all the info he has – he doesn’t  have a VIN number yet but he will update me as soon as he has any new info.

He always replies quickly and courteously – I conclude he is as much in the dark as everyone else.
    And So – the frustration mounts.

#184525 Reply
    Jason Dale

Hi, i’ve had a motability car on order for over 6 months now with lots of delays. Called the dealership today who now tell me they haven’t a clue when my car will even be built.

I’m pretty bored of waiting now so called my local Hyundai garage who tell me they have the Kona Electric Premium in stock. It’s the 39KWH battery tho. Should i be too concerned about range? I will be driving local and maybe a few long trips per year. Just want a car!

Any feedback with advantages going for the 64KWH version is welcome (obviously i’ll get extended range)

Thanks

Jason

#184527 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Just received additional message from dealer – his view is – car is built but still waiting on certain chips – so built but not completed – nothing like a good dollop of ambiguity!

However – I tend to agree with him – this would explain the delays after the – it is built!!

Maybe he is going to be correct about the Dong A Glaucos too – currently at Suncheon S Korea – hopefully for a carry out of chips.

#184529 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

When I speak to supply, I will try and ask some of the questions posed on here, however, I am pretty sure it will be a vague response.

#184530 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Well guys just heard that Hyundai have there wiring looms made in the Ukraine and what’s going on over there the supply has stopped. Which means guys another 3/4 months wait for our cars . I don’t 100 percent know this is true but I have emailed my dealership and Hyundai to ask them but at this min no reply. So if anyone has any information if this is true or false please please share it

Hi Garry. Hyundai source the majority of its parts including wiring looms from China. One of Hyundai’s main suppliers is Kyungshin wire and cables.

Good morning all just got off the phone from supply. call was answered soon enough but – totally stone walled as to any information regarding 1011 or updates. Stated that this was all up to dealership to give updates. I pointed out that as this was now policy – they should have emailed me to that effect or make it clear on website – I explained I had sent them request for update with my 1011 code two weeks ago and all I had was email to confirm receipt and told they would be in touch!! They also said if my car was built late February then my dealer should have VIN number – which is when car is shipped. I have messaged my dealer with the above info and asked for latest update. I will let you know if any feed back I receive. It is not a good look for Hyundai – I get there are difficulties and most of us will ride it out as other manufactures are having similar production difficulties or worse – but keeping customers in the loop is just good PR. Rant over 😂👍

Hi Tillyman. It looks Hyundai UK are fed up with being bombarded with requests from retail lease and motability customers they have supposedly decided streamlining their system so dealerships have up to date info. Hyundai’s system has for a long time known to be by far the best. What is yet to be seen is if retail customers can still get an update directly.

#184531 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

So would that mean that Motability are in a better position to ask the question as they are the purchaser of the car ?

#184533 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Hi, i’ve had a motability car on order for over 6 months now with lots of delays. Called the dealership today who now tell me they haven’t a clue when my car will even be built. I’m pretty bored of waiting now so called my local Hyundai garage who tell me they have the Kona Electric Premium in stock. It’s the 39KWH battery tho. Should i be too concerned about range? I will be driving local and maybe a few long trips per year. Just want a car! Any feedback with advantages going for the 64KWH version is welcome (obviously i’ll get extended range) Thanks Jason

Apart from a bit of increased performance the main difference is the lower mileage. Localy I wouldn’t say it makes much difference to what you have apart from charging a bit more. Likewise on longer trips depending how long they are means you may have to stop and charge where as the 64kw may have got you there on one charge.

#184538 Reply
    Garry p

Well that’s brilliant news about wiring looms it certainly is . As for Hyundai saying both systems are in line with supply and dealership see in the same information . but supply told us only last week august for delivery. while today dealership told us October  16 they would have car there . ???

#184544 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Does anyone know when the VIN number is available to the dealer – is it issued as car is shipped or only when it is unloaded at Tilbury -there seems to be a difference of opinion on this, having searched for and looked across other forums.

#184545 Reply
    Brent

The 39kwh gets around 200 miles of range which is fine, but it really depends on your driving style and charge locations.

Personally, if you’re gonna get a lower battery car then I’d go for the MGZS purely for the few extras at the same price (unless it went up) also assume the range drops around 20% in winter.

If you’re not doing longer than 100 mile journeys it’s definitely fine. If you’re doing like, Scots to Devon, then make sure you use a good route planner. Has a fairly slower 0-60 time though but that all depends on your driving style too. Personally I prefer a car that can overtake quickly but it’s still not slow.

🙂

#184550 Reply
    struth
    Participant

@Jason,

yes its a bit slower acellarating than 64 and obviously lower miles per full charge but if 95% of driving is local and you can charge, even on a granny charge then you’ll be ok. for your long trips you just might have to plan carefully for stops, or as other do, hire a bigger car for the occasional long trip. You’ll save a bit on ap i would think so use that for a hire.

mileage wise it should be same ratios. I just did a about 14 mile trip and got equ of 357miles to full battery if i had been driving same type of rds all day; so well over their 290 claimed. using the regen right and keeping speed down is the trick to it. As said if using the air con it will drop a fair bit and a fair bit more in cold weather too, so in winter you can get a double whammy.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#184554 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Does anyone know when the VIN number is available to the dealer – is it issued as car is shipped or only when it is unloaded at Tilbury -there seems to be a difference of opinion on this, having searched for and looked across other forums.

As I understand it the VIN is released by the factory to the supply when the vehicle is built  ready for shipping. At Tilbury the vehicle paperwork will be checked for conformity before being placed in a holding area ready ready for transportation depending where in the country your dealer is located.

I see no logic in V?IN’s issued at Tilbury, as  there needs to be a paper trail from factory to dealership which is dealt with by the supply team and I can’t see port staff allocating VIN’s as its not there job.

#184558 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

@Kezo
    Thanks for your thoughts – yes I knew vehicle wasn’t stamped until  end of manufacturing process – presumably after the real end – ie all chips in place and tested – but there seemed to be some differences as to when the dealer  was made aware of the vin.  My dealer does not yet know the vin of my vehicle – which I would suggest adds more to the possibility that although my vehicle was built (mostly) the final chips have not yet been put in place and it has been sitting waiting since February.
    It will be interesting to match the time I get vin from dealer and actual delivery – thanks for your thoughts 👍

#184556 Reply
    Ian Websell

#184555 Reply
    Ian Websell

Hello All

well 5 days into our new Kona EV Ultimate and I’m running 5kwh at the moment. Which I’m very happy with. Battery showing 69% charge still and range showing 187 miles remaining.
    The car itself is absolutely amazingly brilliant, my wife and I are so happy. Very comfortable, heated seats and steering wheel works so quick. Also the heater itself is also very quick but the range drops when it’s on. Our Grandchild loves the heated seats in the back as well.
    All the safety features it has are so good. We both feel very safe.

As for the VIN, I got ours when the car was in the ship.
    I also got a response from Hyundai UK within 24 hours when I gave them 1011 order number. They told me my car was on its way to the dealer. My Dealer Sales guy had been spot on and kept me up to date with all my cars progress from date of order to delivery. (Crewe Hyundia)

I know how frustrating it is for you all, but hang in there, it’s worth the wait. I promise.

#184564 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Pleased to hear you and your wife are enjoying your new car Ian.

I think you have also helped me with my question – vin should be available when or just before the car ships.

Had to smile about your grandkids liking the heated seats – we help with grandkids most weeks – I suspect they will be the same – enjoy 😁👍

#184562 Reply
    Jason Dale

So i canceled my order with Vauxhall whilst i was in the Hyundai dealership. They had a Kona SE Connect in blue for £0 upfront payment. I went with that. All sorted with motability and picking up the Kona on 17th. I actually got to see my car on the ramp on their forecourt so no waiting for build dates or delivery from another Hyundai garage which is nice.

Exciting!

#184561 Reply
    Ian Websell

Just to confirm my wife was driving when I took the photo 👍

Viewing 25 replies - 451 through 475 (of 1,333 total)
Reply To: Reply #184519 in The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion
Your information: