The kona electric delivery time thread

• Creator
    Topic
  • #173849 Reply
    Capuchin

I know a few of us are eagerly awaiting delivery of these so thought I’d make a thread so we can all keep track of updates etc

Ordered ultimate Misty jungle (with light leather) on 9th November. Delivery slated for end of March. Dealer has had no update yet.

Viewing 25 replies - 426 through 450 (of 767 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #183838 Reply
    Capuchin

Apparently mine won’t arrive until mid august…

#183841 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Was that I info from the dealership or Hyundai supply team? If I am faced with the same dates it’s tempting to wait until 1st September for the 72 plate

#183842 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Was that I info from the dealership or Hyundai supply team? If I am faced with the same dates it’s tempting to wait until 1st September for the 72 plate

my dealer said his system shows 2nd August but treat it with a pinch of salt! Still waiting for Hyundai to get back after almost a fortnight!

#183843 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Good morning

The thing that puzzles me is my dealer back in late February said my car was built but not shipped – cannot understand why they would have it hanging around so long – unless info my dealer had was in correct or it wasn’t a finished build ie waiting for a missing chip.
    I contacted supply with code a week yesterday and haven’t heard back, other than confirmation of receipt.

#183844 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

In exactly the same boat and had exactly the same information,  car built in February.  I can’t imagine it’s good business to have completed products, especially high value ones, hanging around for months so I wonder if that information was correct.  It does seen Hyundai are prioritising the lower spec models as these need fewer microprocessors. And Hyundai have gone awfully quiet with head office saying contact your dealer who has the same information, but we see others still getting conflicting dates.

#183849 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

@Tillyman @fwippers it is possible your build start date and yet to be completed awaiting semiconductors. In normal times a car is built within a day and indeed my Tuscon had a build start date 1st January and a build finish date of 23rd Feb and I was told it was built but awaiting parts to complete.

Certainly weird times we are going through, which is not helped by Hyundai’s lack of communication with dealerships, hopefully that will soon change 🙂

#183854 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

@fwippers let’s hope we are in the same boat and it’s on its way to Tilbury  – Morning Concert in Red Sea at the mo – we can live in hope 😂😂👍

#183855 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Just been trying to think what chip differences there might be between premium and ultimate – the HUD possibly??

#183853 Reply
    Chris

The way it’s looking fwippers and my car should be on the same boat

#183857 Reply
    Xz130
    Participant

According to the brochure here are the differences.

Driver’s Seat Electric Adjustments

Front Passenger’s Seat Electric Adjustments

Front Seats Ventilated

Head Up Display (HUD)

So it’s only a few more chips.

Current car
    2019 Hyundai Ioniq Premium in black
    New car 2022 Hyundai Kona premium in Jungle green.

#183858 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Just been trying to think what chip differences there might be between premium and ultimate – the HUD possibly??

High beam assist, leather ventilated and electrically adjustable front seats, heated outer rear seats, electric sunroof and highway assist. Maybe a couple of other tiny things too and of course the HUD. I imagine all these extra features means more chips!

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by fwippers.
    #183860 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Story of my life – I couldn’t resist the extra chips!! 😂👍

#183861 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

I was aware of the other differences, but I didn’t know which bits required chips – powered seats for instance – are they just electric motors – same with sun roof – I suppose if seats had memory (I wish they had) they would need chips – I suspect you are right about high beam and additional driving assist – but like lots of people have said it is the not knowing which is occupying my mind the most.

#183865 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I did make a list to justify if the extra 500AP was worth it, however it is the lack of info which is the most infuriating. My dealer tells me despite the delay Hyundai are better than most manufacturers regarding delivery times, however I think that is no longer the case, with a roughly 8/9 month wait for the Kona.

#183866 Reply
    Xz130
    Participant

I did make a list to justify if the extra 500AP was worth it, however it is the lack of info which is the most infuriating. My dealer tells me despite the delay Hyundai are better than most manufacturers regarding delivery times, however I think that is no longer the case, with a roughly 8/9 month wait for the Kona.

I’ve hear of people ordering the VW I.D 3 in August 2021 won’t be getting their car until q1 2023. I know that any orders for the suv type cars from Kia/Hyundai are now averaging 10-11 months from date of order.

Current car
    2019 Hyundai Ioniq Premium in black
    New car 2022 Hyundai Kona premium in Jungle green.

#183868 Reply
    Garry p

I have just got a message back today from supply telling me august for our kona ultimate. But dealership is still saying as of Friday . October. It doesn’t make sense so they are ringing supply on Tuesday for another update. They say supply and dealership work of the same timeframe but it doesn’t seem they do ??? We ordered first week of January 2022

#184376 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>When I hear back from supply I will contact the dealership and if the dates vary by a month or more I will get back to supply and ask which date I should go by!</p>

#184377 Reply
    Brent

From what I’ve read, with a lot of other cars, all these features are built in but they put a block on them in the code.

With bmw, the high beam assist, mechanical seats, heated wheel, adaptive cruse etc are all in the car settings and can be coded to be used if you buy the electric seats and better wheel.

I imagine with the kona that it’s similar, especially since they don’t have the ultimate in other countries. Some don’t get sunroofs, some have the Hud on a lower trim, some get rear USB and I think in some countries they have a boot 12v. The seats will definitely just be a case of them opening the code up since there’s gonna be all the wires still underneath. HUD maybe, but you can buy a HUD on ebay and retrofit it for a few £. Since the heated and ventilated seats use the same power too, I imagine it doesn’t take much extra. Maybe just longer shipping to not waste space on a ship?

#184379 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

@brent

hi Brent and all – yep that rings true to me – makes more sense both in terms of manufacturing and market flexibility.  Even decades ago there were blanks where the additional switches you could have bought were – so yep all sounds very plausible to me.

I assume it is similar with making batches of car colour or seats – you take a calculated estimate of market and how many to make in a batch and then big boys Lego.  But as we keep saying it is the lack of reliable info that is frustrating – if I was told in February – sorry it is going to be July and there was a track record of truth I would have been disappointed but at least I could plan for that and as has already been said given other manufactures delivery times I would have accepted it.

#184380 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

When I ordered in November and was told March delivery as an estimate, I now realise that was, how can I put it, a mistruth!

#184381 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Yep – I ordered end of October and was told March – I am giving my Motability rep the benefit of thinking he was only saying what the software was telling him – before we got into
    “computer says no”.</p>

#184382 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Hi Garry – how long did you have to wait for supply to get back to you – good to see you back in the chats 😁👍

#184385 Reply
    Garry p

Hi great to be back as me ha .it took two weeks and 5/6 phone calls to customer service to finally get a answer.all I kept getting told was the dealership has the same information as supply.but they can’t as one says august ( supply) and one says October ( dealership) if you are lucky as it’s only a ETA is all they say . No real information at all

#184383 Reply
    Wayne

Hi I ordered  my kona premium  on bank holiday Monday in march an was told delivery  will be end of July beginning of August

#184391 Reply
    Garry p

Well if  we are lucky Wayne our cars maybe sharing the same boat .if supply is right.and I will find that out on Tuesday

Viewing 25 replies - 426 through 450 (of 767 total)
Reply To: The kona electric delivery time thread
Your information: