The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion

• Creator
    Topic
  • #173849 Reply
    Capuchin

I know a few of us are eagerly awaiting delivery of these so thought I’d make a thread so we can all keep track of updates etc

Ordered ultimate Misty jungle (with light leather) on 9th November. Delivery slated for end of March. Dealer has had no update yet.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 1,349 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #173881 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Ordered late November and estimated delivery is early March although have an inkling could slip a little.

#173889 Reply
    struth
    Participant

My Hyundai dealer reckoned it would be march before they see a batch come through. He has loads of orders to fill as well.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#174537 Reply
    Chris

I ordered Tuesday 14th January 22 dealer said April which is quick so I take that with a pitch of salt

#174539 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I ordered Tuesday 14th January 22 dealer said April which is quick so I take that with a pitch of salt

. It is possible, I have been quoted a similar timescale. Carwow quote 3 months for the Kona, and only to for the i30.

#174546 Reply
    chris

i hope so 🙂

#174547 Reply
    Xz130
    Participant

I ordered early January and was told I could be waiting for my jungle green premium until June 😳.

Current car 2022 Hyundai Kona premium in Jungle green.

#174557 Reply
    Chris

Wow !

#174559 Reply
    struth
    Participant

i ordered in middle of october and got mine at end dec. that was a premium. an ultimate would have been another 3 months

#174592 Reply
    lee

I Ordered just before Christmas and was quoted April May for a Kona Ultimate.

Have anyone had an email for the home charger setup. I was told from motability that it could be BP or Ohme. I said to them I did not want BP Pluse.

#174607 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

I was told from motability that it could be BP or Ohme. I said to them I did not want BP Pluse.

Although my BP Pulse installation isn’t complete, I have been very impressed with BP so far. Having a dedicated contact who emails and telephones me is reassuring. So BP isn’t all bad news.

Mazda CX5 is my DD
    VW ID3 Max on order 5 Nov 21

#174614 Reply
    struth
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Think bp lay work off to the likes of ohme etc all when they have too much work.</p>
    Ohme are  very good. Quite a good little charger as well.

#174627 Reply
    Chris

Just have to hope they keep to April 2022

#174628 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Just have to hope they keep to April 2022

All the indications suggest 3/4 months is being achieved. Other manufacturers are able to provide cars within this timescale, but of course, many are quoting 9-18 months. Kia and Hyundai seem to be keeping up with demand and Kia will be starting EV6 deliveries 3 months ahead of schedule.

#174771 Reply
    Capuchin

Oof. Managed to get through to a sneaky contact at Hyundai HQ. New orders are slated to take 35-37 weeks internally. If a dealer gives you a number under 24 weeks take it with a huge barrel of salt.

#174810 Reply
    chris

well thats great news not lol:(

#174821 Reply
    struth
    Participant

seems a long time for a kona.  maybe they are prioatising their newer models now.  sorry to hear its so long. starting to really think i got lucky at 10 weeks

#174822 Reply
    Xz130
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>@struth I think there are quite a lot of people ordering the Kona as I’m seeing more and more of them on the road. Based on the report above I’ll be lucky to see mine before mid September 😢</p>

Current car 2022 Hyundai Kona premium in Jungle green.

#174829 Reply
    Chris

I’ll probably get it November then😂

#174892 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I had to speak with my dealer today as we were having our charger fitted and we are still looking on schedule for March/April which is 3/4 months, perhaps the time has lengthened for new orders. Installation did not happen for reasons I may go into later, but the electric process is proving a tricky one. With electricity prices rising and typically, after March, just shy of a  grand to install a charger with the loss of the 350 grant, plus the reduction in the government grant from 2500 to 1500, I can see many opting to continue down the ICE route a little longer. The savings whilst still significant are not as great as before.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by fwippers.
    #174895 Reply
    struth
    Participant

i think removing the grants is a big mistake, if of course they are serious re evs.

#174908 Reply
    moggy
    Participant

Kona Ultimate ordered yesterday, was told expect 6 months or more wait.

expected handover is the middle of August.

#174917 Reply
    Capuchin

@fwipperie it’ll definitely be interesting for our November orders. My dealer said much the same as yours; no update and expect it at the end of March. I had somebody run around the factory to come back with the internal orderlist status and where they are at, but unfortunately I’ve not heard back yet.  (They said it would be today if Hyundai UK cooperated) – Hoping it’s just a delay and I do get some sort of reassurance soon but entirely possible they won’t be able to get that information for me.

I think for those ordering post new year, they should expect 35+ weeks and just be pleasantry surprised if it’s quicker.

#174918 Reply
    Chris

I ordered 14th of January and told I’d have it in April and then to see 25weeks+ I’m not sure yet I did send the dealer a email but yet to get a reply

#174919 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

@fwipperie it’ll definitely be interesting for our November orders. My dealer said much the same as yours; no update and expect it at the end of March. I had somebody run around the factory to come back with the internal orderlist status and where they are at, but unfortunately I’ve not heard back yet. (They said it would be today if Hyundai UK cooperated) – Hoping it’s just a delay and I do get some sort of reassurance soon but entirely possible they won’t be able to get that information for me. I think for those ordering post new year, they should expect 35+ weeks and just be pleasantry surprised if it’s quicker.

I was told the car will be built in March, then it depends how long to to ship it. Have still to have the charger installed and that was a bit of an issue today as someone turned up who had little idea, and even less experience, so asked them to leave and need to speak to the company again tomorrow to reschedule with some one experienced. I will be happy if I get the car in March, and satisfied if it is April, but realistically I think I am looking at around 17-21 weeks in total, 4-5 months.

#174938 Reply
    lee

What Home chargers are you all being offered

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 1,349 total)
Reply To: Reply #179328 in The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion
Your information: