The governments green paper on PIP

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    swwchris
    Participant

Repeat post but equally no harm in reminding everyone about the survey (its not a simple tick box and is a hard one to complete)

Kjid5
      Participant

In my opinion. This is just an outgoing government threat ( conservative) that the incoming government will immediately override for brownie points ( Labour) to hide all the banker incentive policies that Labour will still implement.

MFillingham
        Participant

As a green paper it’s just research for the government.  That government has gone, if the election goes the way it’s expected (and we all know that’s not guaranteed) then it’ll be sat in the file labelled never gonna happen.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
          I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Mossfinn
          Participant

Repeat post but equally no harm in reminding everyone about the survey (its not a simple tick box and is a hard one to complete)

I would agree with Swwchris.  I took the survey and it’s easy and not very long to do.

Whilst  it is a green paper of a likely out going government , it will still be on record. Politicians of any persuasion are untrustworthy and a dusty file can always be grabbed and wiped down so it’s better taking 10 minutes to record your opinion.
            It’s like voting, if you don’t take part, you can’t complain about the result.

Participant

I wouldn’t assume that a new government would necessarily dismiss this consultation. If they think they can save money they could well implement policies started by the outgoing administration.

If I seem a little strange, that's because I am.

Skoda Karoq SEL.

kezo
              Participant

The Conservatives if re-elected remain “absolutely committed” to a reform of disability benefits, Rishi Sunak has insisted as he urged claimants not to worry about having their support cut.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/pip-reforms-will-continue-if-tories-re-elected-as-sunak-vows-back-to-work-drive/ar-BB1nQYTV?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=ebe0883e3fed441daa4ec42e4aabe59e&ei=123

Hopefully they are wiped out come the GE!

Participant

The Conservatives if re-elected remain “absolutely committed” to a reform of disability benefits, Rishi Sunak has insisted as he urged claimants not to worry about having their support cut. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/pip-reforms-will-continue-if-tories-re-elected-as-sunak-vows-back-to-work-drive/ar-BB1nQYTV?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=ebe0883e3fed441daa4ec42e4aabe59e&ei=123 Hopefully they are wiped out come the GE!

Labour have also said they want to reform it too. They welcomed the green paper. Whomever gets in is going to mess with pip.

I like sitting outside RAF bases all day pretending to be a photogramapher

MFillingham
                  Participant

Labour are looking at getting those on long term disability because they can’t get the help off disability by ensuring the help is there.  That’s different to the Conservative version of some mental health conditions are just excuses.

I’m all for reducing the amount of claimants if the people genuinely don’t need it.  I’m pretty sure all is us would happily give up the benefit because we can do everything we should be able to do.  So if you’ve 2 knackered knees, 2 replacements would improve your chances of getting around.  If you have debilitating anxiety it’d be much better for you to undergo treatment to reduce and then provide coping strategies so you can look back at when you had anxiety.

That’s a huge improvement over removing your PIP and giving you a series of therapy sessions, probably a fixed number of sessions then leaving you to it.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
                    I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Elliot
                    Participant

I think that questionnaire was written by a complete idiot that had just left university with nothing more than a drama degree.

Ele
                      Participant

If anyone imo ever think their personal views are even considered they are in la la land

Save yer ink is my advice

Participant

@Elliot or as we say – a degree in how to stuff a teddy bear 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Bz4x fwd vision in silver

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.