The CO2 timebomb: how manufacturers are desperate to cut CO2 to meet 2021's 95g/

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ChrisK 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #75124 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Think electrification is something for other drivers? Think again. Within two years, car makers may have to ration petrol car sales to hit CO2 targets, or face multi-million-euro fines. This is why Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) and Tesla are working up a carbon swapping scheme, with Fiat paying the electric car maker millions of euros to dodge fines in Europe for missing carbon targets, it emerged at the weekend.

Groups that have been slow to embrace plug-in cars – Ford, Fiat-Chrysler, Mazda, PSA Groupe – will almost certainly have to cap their own sales until their product range catches up with the regulations. The industry is furiously developing pure EVs, and plug-in and mild hybrids: it needs them on the market as soon as possible, ahead of new emissions targets coming into force in 2021.

The Financial Times claims that FCA and Tesla have formed ‘an open pool’ of vehicles, basketing their combined sales for the purposes of European regulation. It based its story on declarations made with Brussels, ahead of the 2021 targets which specify group CO2 emissions must not surpass 95g/km.

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/co2-emissions-limits-europe/

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #75136 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

And after all that diesel bashing, now the only cars that easily get under the 95g/km target are the Euro6 spec diesels with the adblue tank.

It’s almost as if they did it on purpose?

#75142 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I was reading somewhere it is not just diesels, petrol cars are also being highlighted.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#75150 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

And after all that diesel bashing, now the only cars that easily get under the 95g/km target are the Euro6 spec diesels with the adblue tank. It’s almost as if they did it on purpose?

That’s a case of the good old divide and rule mentality of politicians where you demonise something for your own gain but as Tory and Labour are starting to learn it doesn’t work any more and demonising diesel is helping no one in the transition to EV.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: The CO2 timebomb: how manufacturers are desperate to cut CO2 to meet 2021's 95g/

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: