The book club

• Creator
    Topic
  • #138834 Reply
    Brydo

I must admit I am not a big reader of books but it’s clear that some on the forum are.

I could of course be tempted and no better time than now when we have very little to do.

So I thought it would be interesting to hear from members their recommendations.

Viewing 3 replies - 301 through 303 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #169754 Reply
    Georgie

Such a tragedy what has befallen Palmyra in the last few years due to the actions of certain extremist factions: the cella of the Temple of Bel destroyed, Monumental Arch destroyed, Temple of Baal Shamin destroyed, Tetrapylon destroyed, Theatre severely damaged . . .

Breaks my heart.

#169757 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

A terrible loss, Georgie. Just another of the awful things people do in the name of their Invisible Friend(s).

#170057 Reply
    Georgie

O.K.  That’s what happens when I spend 20 minutes writing a message and then skip back a page to see if there’s anything else to add . . .  All deleted!

Sooo . . . Once more with feeling . . .

I’ve been happily working my way through The Expanse books – just finished vol. 5:Nemesis Games which has brought me up to date with the Amazon TV series (roll on Season 6 starting December 10th!).  Volumes 6, 7 and 8 are sitting on the bookcase, taunting me, while volume 9 should arrive on December 2nd.

I must stay strong and deny temptation . . .

Viewing 3 replies - 301 through 303 (of 303 total)
Reply To: The book club
Your information: