The "B" word has been agreed (Part 3)

This topic contains 154 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Avatar fwipperie 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #79481 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

The previous B thread creaked under the pressure, please use this one going forward.

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #80343 Reply
    Trev

And Gove leapfrogs Hunt to 2nd… makes for interesting vote now on who will join Boris in the final 2.

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#80353 Reply
    fwipperie
    Participant

On paper Gove is favourite to join Boris but rumours some Boris supporters will lend votes to Hunt.

#80362 Reply
    Magnum Mike
    Participant

Boris v hunt now

I like Magnums....

#80363 Reply
    Trev

All down to the unknown now though, final vote is a completely different playing field which voting up to now has no relevance.

I can’t remember a time when a leadership battle has been so ‘in your face’ ok there’s a PM slot here, but didn’t remember this hype when Brown took over from Blair… different party, different rules i know, but still can’t remember such public hype.. or perhaps i just wasn’t interested at the time.

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#80370 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

It may be that Trev. I think there are very many people now awoken to politics.
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Boris will be PM of course. Two options from there, we leave the EU on 31st October under WTO,rules saving the Tory party, or we get a general election in the autumn and both major parties are destroyed.</p>

#80371 Reply
    fwipperie
    Participant

It is appearing we shall have weeks of hustings which will allow the Conservative members a chance to test the candidates prior to the final vote. Many voters are now hoping Brexit is delivered and democracy is not betrayed. Time shall tell.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by Avatar fwipperie. Reason: Incorrect spelling
    #80819 Reply
    fwipperie
    Participant

I wonder if Boris may drop out or be persuaded to and we have a Hunt coronation?

#80821 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Only if he wanted the end of the Conservative party and the ascendence of the Brexit party.

#80843 Reply
    fwipperie
    Participant

Perhaps we could all indicate what we think will happen on or before 31st Oct.

WTO Exit

May’s deal

Another Deal

Another delay

Revocation of A50

General Election.

I’m going to opt for another deal.

#80847 Reply
    joss
    Participant

General Election.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#80849 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

None of the above.

A temporary agreement under Article 24 of the GATT between the UK and the EU establishing the continuation of the current trading arrangements, leading to a future free trade agreement.

#80850 Reply
    POPS

Johnson as PM …. Another delay followed by a general election, as MP’s on both extremes of their parties make it impossible to get a majority for either agreeing a deal or no deal.

Hunt as PM ….  Another Delay followed by more discussions with the EU on the terms of a backstop, followed by a general election when MP’s refuse to agree on voting any amended deal through.

#80856 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

As I understand it, if push comes to shove, the UK can leave the EU on 31st October by the simple process of a minister signing a commencement order (which does not involve parliament).

#80881 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

The challenge is out:

#80884 Reply
    POPS

Did you hear Johnson talking about how he would leave the EU on Oct 31st, in his TV interview last night. He genuinely did not have a clue about the legalities of his so called plan, and appeared to be be making it up as he went along.

Most candidates that were voted out of the election for Tory leader were able to explain their Brexit position more succinctly than Boris. He will not last twelve months if he becomes Prime Minister due to his unreliable (uncontrollable?) and devious persona, and the UK cannot afford any more political turmoil.

Boris has undeniable charisma (so I’m told) but he lacks everything else.

#81165 Reply
    fwipperie
    Participant

As things stand no more opposition debates before 31 Oct. I feel Johnson will if PM suspend parliament ensuring UK departure from EU.

#82276 Reply
    fwipperie
    Participant

Interest in Brexit has wained, temporarily I imagine, as after the summer recess we shall see high levels of activity resulting in excitement. A debate is being broadcast but much interest now focussed on cricket semi finals.

#82279 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Not so sure..

Labour’s manoeuvring today, amounts to a shift to being a remain party, although ambiguous as ever in the detail.  So that’s 3.5 million labour leave voters betrayed for the sake of the Islington Marxists.  Democracy?

#82290 Reply
    fwipperie
    Participant

I feel old Corbyns days are numbered

#82291 Reply
    Magnum Mike
    Participant

Hope so worst labour leader in years

I like Magnums....

#82292 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I believe if labour under his “leadership” ever got into power, he’d be removed quickly and replaced by the hard-line Marxists. For now, he’s little more than the “useful idiot”.

#82295 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

well ive always said hes a puppet chancer just changing with the wind controlled by momentum. throughout the brexit fiasco hes just manouvered and plotted to try and get an election. now he senses that he can push that through by being the remainer.

will never vote labour again.

#82305 Reply
    fwipperie
    Participant

I feel Labour will now lose dozens of seats up North. Also in London where Libs may excel? Labour a total fiasco.

#82308 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Labour know there won’t be a GE any time soon.  They are working towards 2022.  And Corbyn doesn’t have the intellect to plot and connive. Look to those behind him.</p>

#82311 Reply
    fwipperie
    Participant

There is talk of confidence vote and if that vote succeeds an early election woukd follow.

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 154 total)
Reply To: The "B" word has been agreed (Part 3)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: