SUV Lumbar support for both front seats

This topic contains 49 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Wwishes 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #57823 Reply

Trev

I can’t be the only one that requires lumbar support in both front seats, thus thought i would create a thread with the makes/models, and lowest trim levels that i find, and others can fill in the blanks if they know of any more.

• Ford Kuga Titanium
    • VW Tiguan SE
    • Skoda Karoq SE
    • Skoda Kodiaq SE L
    • Seat Ateca SE
    • Nissan Qashqai Tekna+
    • Honda CRV EX
    • BMW X1 – Currently £195 Option available on all trim levels.
    • Volvo XC40 – Standard on all trim levels.
    • Jeep Compass Limited
    • Jeep Renegade Limited as a £500 option

Ones i believe don’t offer lumbar support in the front passenger seat, not even as an option (happy to be proved wrong)

• Toyota RAV4
    • Mazda CX 3 & 5
    • Peugeot 3008
    • Hyundai Tucson
    • Mitsubishi Outlander, ASX, Eclipse Cross
    • Kia Sportage

I will keep adding them as i find them – some manufacturers don’t make it easy though.

• This topic was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  Trev. Reason: add crv

I'm running the Virgin London Marathon 2019 in support of MIND The Mental Health Charity

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #57837 Reply

BigB

Trev,

I have a Honda CRV EX, the drivers seat is electric with memory and adjustable lumbar support, the passenger seat is not electric with the exception of the lumbar support which is.

#57839 Reply

Trev

Cheers BigB,

This is just the type of information i was hoping for, much appreciated.

I have updated the 1st post and will keep doing so, thus anyone looking at this doesn’t have to read through the posts to find their vehicle. Thanks again.

I'm running the Virgin London Marathon 2019 in support of MIND The Mental Health Charity

#57843 Reply

fwipperie
    Participant

X1, an option £195 on all trim levels,

#57844 Reply

Trev

Thanks fwipperie, useful to know for myself that one – post updated

#57846 Reply

Markymate

My Kodiaq SE L has manual lumber support for driver and passenger. Electric option is £550 for driver, and £1000 for both.  Must be honest, had electric seats on my Insignia tourer elite, but once set I very rarely changed it. Seemed a waste of a grand, so didn’t bother.

#57850 Reply

Trev

Quite correct Marky, perhaps different if you swap the seat regularly with others, but when it’s only you that sits there a manual is just fine.

Going to have a sneak at the kodiaq when test driving the karoq tomorrow….. may get a test drive as well hehe

#57863 Reply

Bandit

I know it’s not an SUV but I’m sure I read somewhere recently that adjustable lumbar on front seats has been added to all levels on the new revised C4 Cactus.

#57866 Reply

Trev

I’m looking that up Bandit and it seems they have new advanced comfort seats, but on the Citroen page it notes only the driver gets lumbar support –

As well as bolstered support and height-adjustments for the driver and the front passenger, the Advanced Comfort® seats feature adjustable lumbar support for the driver. 

https://www.citroen.co.uk/about-citroen/news/new-citroen-c4-cactus-the-ultra-comfortable-hatchback

Interesting to know it’s no longer a cross-over, but a hatchback.

#57874 Reply

evwright

Our current Tucson has lumbar support in both front seats, will check model.

The Toyota RAV4 does not have it available on the scheme at all – it’s on the higher models only that aren’t offered.

#57878 Reply

Trev

Thank you evwright, that would be most helpful if you can confirm the Tucson for us.

I’ll add the Rav4 as a no-go.

#57883 Reply

Markymate

Don’t do it Trev, you’ll want one!!!!

#57947 Reply

evwright

Hi, our Tucson is the Sport Edition petrol automatic – not sure if it’s still on the scheme in that form.

#57949 Reply

evwright

It looks like it’s on drivers side only from SE Nav upwards

#58013 Reply

JS (justsaying)

Indeed the Premium is drivers side only.

#58029 Reply

Trev

Thanks for clarifying guys, Tucson is off the list then 🙁

#58041 Reply

evwright

Motability are doing an after-market fit for us on the RAV4 – it’s costing them £300 – so that may be an option for some, either paid for by Motability where allowed or as an individual.

#58228 Reply

Bandit

Ok. Hopefully the better spec ones have passenger as well. Like yourself it’s always a must for myself and wife as well. 1.Auto 2.Seat height+entry& egress (especially egress) 3. Lumbar adjustment on both fronts. Shortlist the cars that satisfy those and then it’s pretty much lowest ap provided I “feels” ok when testing. Some cars you just get in and know instantly that it aint happening regardless! Lol

#58230 Reply

Garys

Think its on the renegade and compass

#58236 Reply

simono

Listed as standard equipment on all XC40’s.

#58248 Reply

Trev

Couldn’t see it mentioned anywhere on the Renegade – happy to add it if anyone can confirm which trim. But did find it on the Compass Limited trim so have added that, cheers Garys

#58249 Reply

Trev

Thanks simono – that’s been added.

#58254 Reply

Garys

Saw it mentioned on a thread by a dealer might be the new my19 year changes thoughon the renegade will try and confirm andbletvyou know

#58259 Reply

Trev

I’ve since found the user manual and the only reference i can find is fuse F7 is for driver and passenger lumbar, so obviously lumbar is available for the passenger seat, just unsure of the lowest trim it’s available.

Whilst i keep searching, i’ll add it under trim tbc.

Cheers

#58260 Reply

Garys

Was this comment on nicks facebook page (see the comment re £96)

All models are getting updates. The ones I’ve mentioned are for the Longitude. It’s a great spec. I drive the original model myself and it is so comfortable and great suspension. I will ask though. Did you get Lumbar support at £96? If not it is seriously worth considering. Makes the drivers seat even better for long distance.

The post was by christina mckee who seems to be a jeep dealer from ireland in response to a query re ordering the renegade by mark drage

#58262 Reply

Trev

Cheers Garys,

I’ve asked her if the lumbar also comes on the passenger seat for the Longitude – the answer was a no, only available on the Limited as a £500 option – but i’ll stick that on.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
Reply To: SUV Lumbar support for both front seats

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: