Sunflower idea 🌻

• Creator
    Topic
  • #143296 Reply
    ajn

I’m thinking of growing a sunflower in memory of anyone who sadly didn’t make it through the virus….

Thing is I have very little knowledge of doing so, is it to late in the year to early, I’ve got a pot, some compost no seed or flower yet..

would anyone else be interested and maybe have updates on our growing experience🌻.

Viewing 7 replies - 551 through 557 (of 557 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #163279 Reply
    Lou

Mrs Ajns cooking sounds delicious! Thats so nice to have people from your old home still asking for baked yummyness, that sort of stuff doesnt last long with me either- i blame my sweet tooth. You have got me wanting to try the plum sponge cake 🙂

Ah Tharg that sounds so good! I think I may of had it as a child minus alcohol, I would love to try the one you have described. Thats a shame you cant enjoy it with Mrs T too.

Thankyou im hoping so, I have a little procedure in the next week and have been told i will strictly need to rest with no lifting or driving 🙁 With some luck itl help tho. Bless Tillys heart and her love of pears

#163305 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Lou – well, “no lifting”, there’s no problem with that, But “no driving” – with your brand new, all shiny new charger outside? Difficult!

#163880 Reply
    ajn

Popped to the cemetery, lots of cut multi head sunflower placed at my parents grave stone 😐, lots on the plants too..🌻🌸🌼 👍..

#166368 Reply
    ajn

Update 🌻🌼🌸, Been away in West Wales for awhile a few jobs I needed to do and forgot, one being the taking down of the 2 giant sunflowers.

I’ve plenty of seeds for next year, also some to feed to the birds in the colder months ahead..🕊🕊

The stems are cut and will be dried to light my fires in the mornings…🪵🔥🪵

Still got plenty of large multi heads flowering on par with the dying ones…🌻

Hope everything/everyone is well..👍

#166439 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Will definitely do the sunflower extravaganza next year. Neighbours loved it (put them in front garden) and have got two of them joining in. Wasn’t able to garner seeds from this year’s lot. Too many other things happening both in garden and elsewhere. Still got the original seed pack so hope that will be OK.

#166446 Reply
    ajn

Me too Tharg, we had made a screen like barrier from the sun almost a wall of sun flowers of all different heights…

We still have 3 pots of high muti heads got to be 8 or 9 foot high lots have died of to seed, yet others just blooming..

3 pots 3 plants in each..

#166502 Reply
    ajn

Oh well seemed to have got myself banned from the forum..

This is a quick good bye before chase me off…

👍🤣

Viewing 7 replies - 551 through 557 (of 557 total)
Reply To: Reply #145559 in Sunflower idea 🌻
Your information: