Sunflower idea ๐ŸŒป

• This topic has 533 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 minutes ago by Lou.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #143296 Reply
    ajn

Iโ€™m thinking of growing a sunflower in memory of anyone who sadly didnโ€™t make it through the virus….

Thing is I have very little knowledge of doing so, is it to late in the year to early, Iโ€™ve got a pot, some compost no seed or flower yet..

would anyone else be interested and maybe have updates on our growing experience๐ŸŒป.

Viewing 25 replies - 451 through 475 (of 533 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #156579 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

I say, Ajn, your tom’s really are well advanced. Ours just in flower, a bit. Finally have sunflower bloom, just the one, very small, not fully opened. Will post snap when it is dry enough to take camera outside (tipping it down and camera will sulk if it gets wet!). ๐Ÿ“ทโ˜‚

#157186 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

@ajn and @Louย  At last! I have actual blooming sunflowers. Here they are. The large one has a couple more buds on the stem (and Miz Bee being busy on the flower!)

#157206 Reply
    ajn

@Tharg well done Tharg itโ€™s a beauty, full, bright, looks great..๐ŸŒป

I remember when you planted them outside and the weather took a turn for the worstโ›ˆ, those plants were determined to flourish, and you have succeeded start to finish..๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚..

๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป

What an outstanding outcome from seed to a full tall sunflower itโ€™s a great feeling..

Excellent throughout..

We done it Tharg, first time from seed to full flower ๐Ÿ‘..

#157218 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Thank you, ajn. They are far from tall things. But it has been fun. Most enjoyable. Hope Lou is OK…

#157224 Reply
    ajn

@Lou hope you are keeping well, I guess Tharg & I are missing you here..

In your own time, just drop a line even a Hello if your not very well..

A Tilly pic always goes down well Tharg if poss..

๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ

#157225 Reply
    ajn

@Tharg these giant thing Iโ€™ve got here are over my head 6โ€™3โ€ and canโ€™t see the bud unless standing on something๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿชœ

#157242 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Yup. Tilly pic would be good – have been trying to snap one for days now.

Well jealous of you tennis-player height flowers. ๐ŸŽพ๐ŸŒป

#157558 Reply
    ajn

Most of the sunflower petals have gone in the wind Tharg, just got these heavy dangling sunflowers full of seeds looking quite drab, however new buds are growing through, also down the stemโ€ฆ

@Lou just a mention here ๐Ÿ˜•๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ

#157582 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Mine were more fortunate, being sheltered by surrounding bushes. Still have leaves. More buds coming along nicely. Other plants suffered though. Tomatoes got blasted over and hollyhocks battered flat on ground. Repairable though and now securely fastened upright. ๐Ÿ…

#157586 Reply
    ajn

#157587 Reply
    ajn

#157588 Reply
    ajn

@Tharg &@Lou hereโ€™s the situation, as you can see petals gone ๐Ÿ˜ณ, Iโ€™m wondering should I take anything looking like itโ€™s not enjoying itself off the plant, yes Iโ€™m mean head off stuff ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿค”โ€ฆ

On a brighter note new ones coming through, giants really are masssssssive ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ

#157592 Reply
    ajn

I really feel weโ€™re missing the calming influence of Lou here Tharg..

words like suffered, battered, blasted, beheading of flowers ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ,

hope Lou is ok ๐Ÿ˜

๐ŸŒป

#157594 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

So agree, ajn. Do hope Lou is OK. ๐Ÿ˜•

#157951 Reply
    ajn

Oh well these sunflowers were dangling, didnโ€™t look to be enjoying themselves at all, so Iโ€™ve snapped them off, not sure if thatโ€™s right or not, but hopefully it will encourage the others coming through..

Im going to dry them out keep some seeds to plant next year(also some will be sent off to Scotland & England) the rest can go to the birds๐Ÿ‘
    ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ

#157965 Reply
    ajn

The giants @Tharg one flower each on top, just large buds at the moment ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป

#157979 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Splendid flowers, ajn. Look brilliant. ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ˜Š

#158005 Reply
    POPS

My new garden.

#158006 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Beautiful, POPs. What a delightful garden.

#158007 Reply
    POPS

Seeing that the floral theme is in full sway on here, I thought I’d share a photo of my son’s new garden.

I’m going to spend a lot of my time there, so this is the garden that I will be pottering around in. I’m taking my little potted sunflower with me.

#158008 Reply
    POPS

#158009 Reply
    POPS

A view from the opposite direction.

#158013 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Absolutely LOVE the balcony, POPS. Is that wisteria?

#158015 Reply
    POPS

Yes it is Tharg.( I’ve edited my previous comment as I probably gave too much personal info, lol.)

The balcony on the top floor sits in front of a glass fronted viewing lounge, which has a view over the Severn valley for at least 15/20 miles.

#158026 Reply
    ajn

Wow POPS now thatโ€™s a fine view, great garden too, Excellent..

Viewing 25 replies - 451 through 475 (of 533 total)
Reply To: Sunflower idea ๐ŸŒป
Your information: