Sunflower idea ๐ŸŒป

• Creator
    Topic
  • #143296 Reply
    ajn

Iโ€™m thinking of growing a sunflower in memory of anyone who sadly didnโ€™t make it through the virus….

Thing is I have very little knowledge of doing so, is it to late in the year to early, Iโ€™ve got a pot, some compost no seed or flower yet..

would anyone else be interested and maybe have updates on our growing experience๐ŸŒป.

Viewing 25 replies - 401 through 425 (of 507 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #155094 Reply
    ajn

Thanks Lou๐Ÿ‘, I think the giant sunflowers seemed to stop growing, however Mrs ajn says no, also looking thicker too, hopefully more sun soon..

#155163 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

And, since you asked, here’s a snap of Tilly-dog, catching the rays yesterday p.m.

#155170 Reply
    Lou

Awww ๐Ÿ˜ love her heart, thatโ€™s a really nice photo, Tilly-dog looks like sheโ€™s loving the rays. This made me smile ๐Ÿ‘

#155171 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

So glad you liked the Tilly snap. Will try to do more. Also posted some plants pix but they seem to have gone wonky. Will amend and try again. ๐Ÿ“ท๐Ÿ˜•

#155172 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

@joss Mate, sorry to bother but I tried to post some snaps here and they have gone wonky. (despite racking them down in size). It sez “awaiting moderation” but please don’t bother, just kill the post. I will go back into them and fix whatever problem is there. Tried to do the “email mod’s” bit but it wouldn’t have it. Thus, if the task does not fall to you, could you please pass on the msg to whoever it does. Cheers.

#155162 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Sunflower buds developing but still no actual blooms. However, @Lou, you were interested in the “tree” fuchsias so here’s what they look like. Just about to open flowers and are about 2′ 6″ tall.

Now, since the thread seems to be becoming a general gardening thing, here’s some snaps of our roses which are lovely right now:

#155174 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

OK, take 2. Here’s the Tree Fuchsia I mentioned. Just about to bloom and reckon it’ll be a blaze of colour when it does. Snaps when it does. It’s about 2’6″ tall.

#155175 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Moreover, out roses are brilliant at the moment. Perfect English flowers. Couldn’t resist this one:

#155181 Reply
    ajn

Love the Tilly pic Tharg, she seems to be waiting for you to snap her..

Great stuff, as for the other pics wow, youโ€™re spoiling us love it Thanks ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ€๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒพ๐ŸŒน๐Ÿชด๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒป

#155183 Reply
    Lou

Wow tharg they look fantastic! I think your definitely right about them blazing colours soon, I love roses they smell gorgeous (I have a potted rose plant too). Am really looking forward to seeing how all yours turn out ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ™‚๐ŸŒป ย ๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ

#155186 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Cheers, folks. Tilly is a complete camera-tart. Got lucky with the “catching-rays” snap.What with the very bright sun and with her being so dark, it is nearly impossible to get a decent snap. Can’t be arsed to get out and set up reflectors and all the professional gear.

Will be busy this afternoon; bright solid sunshine, 25C+ temperature. Watering can will be put to extensive use!

#155213 Reply
    joss

@Tharg apologies for not getting back to you re picture loading issues. I hope it’s all ok now

Joss
    ***๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#155214 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

No prob’s, Joss. Sorry to have involved you in the first place. All sorted although I see someone did sort my original post which was well wonky – one pic nested inside another. Would have been better to kill it.

BTW, Beeb weather forecast says it’ll be less humid for you today. Hope they’re right.

#155216 Reply
    joss

Well yesterday was a killer humidly wise for me. real felt un well with it. But now a lovely breeze is blowing, hopefully it will last.

Joss
    ***๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#155218 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Weather bird said it should be low humidity overnight, so you might get a decent night’s kip! ๐Ÿ’ค

#155234 Reply
    joss

Fingers crossed @Tharg.

Erm silly saying fingers crossed as that is something I am no longer able to do! Joints just too stiff.

Joss
    ***๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#155260 Reply
    ajn

Seems like this weather is great for the gardening stuff but not so for the gardeners ๐Ÿฅต, I spend most of my time i the shade, however itโ€™s nice to have it warm..

not so nice bedtimes..

๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผlittle update on the ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ

sunflowers, had to get 8โ€™ canes, longer, thicker, stronger ones.

#155343 Reply
    ajn

More buds opening to flowers ๐Ÿ‘, and more appearing, buds to on the miniature multi heads too..

๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ

#155344 Reply
    ajn

@Tharg saw these today not sure if they are hanging ones so didnโ€™t buy emโ€ฆ

#155372 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Can’t say what type they are, aj. Any variety is good. Some, however, have to be wrapped or come in for the winter or they turn into sticks!

#154780 Reply
    ajn

๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธupdate๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ

Hereโ€™s some of the buds, not sure what order they will be in, even the little muti head ones got signs of buds now..

Hopefully this might cheer you slightly Lou, guess the throat still paining too..

#154798 Reply
    ajn

#155436 Reply
    ajn

Been out there today noticed buds on the black magic f1 sunflowers along with an extra two opened 3 open reds now ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธโ€ฆโ€ฆ

also potted on a few more looks droopy though ๐Ÿ˜ณ

#155437 Reply
    ajn

#155438 Reply
    ajn

@Lou where are you..

Hope allโ€™s okay..

Viewing 25 replies - 401 through 425 (of 507 total)
Reply To: Sunflower idea ๐ŸŒป
Your information: