Sunflower idea ๐ŸŒป

• Creator
    Topic
  • #143296 Reply
    ajn

Iโ€™m thinking of growing a sunflower in memory of anyone who sadly didnโ€™t make it through the virus….

Thing is I have very little knowledge of doing so, is it to late in the year to early, Iโ€™ve got a pot, some compost no seed or flower yet..

would anyone else be interested and maybe have updates on our growing experience๐ŸŒป.

Viewing 25 replies - 326 through 350 (of 433 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #154337 Reply
    ajn

A while back I posted this, as it takes time for updates..

#154338 Reply
    ajn

Tharg asked about painting interests, well hereโ€™s my attempt of art showing the new buds on the sunflowers..

please take the time to look at my artistic lines ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

#154339 Reply
    ajn

What great weather for sunflowers, been enjoying a bit of it myself too๐Ÿฅต..

๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ

#154433 Reply
    ajn

๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผupdate๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ

Had to extend the canes, they out grew the ones I was using, so joined another to it..๐Ÿชœ๐Ÿ‘

#154506 Reply
    ajn

Sunflowers still stretching to sun ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒป..

Mrs Ajn already saying they be nice in a vase ๐Ÿ˜ณ…

Got two giant ones too, not looking forward to attending to those to be honest, these shorter ones are enough for me tbh, meant to be half the size..

However itโ€™s been a joy growing them so far, Mrs ajn got an interest in these too๐Ÿ‘.

Also receiving pics of the ones adopted ย by others which is great..

A few members on other forums seem to be doing well too, which is great to see and read..

I think I may have 3 reds ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผthough, rather than ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ.

Never mind itโ€™s been a joy…

Great weather, oh to be a sunflower at the moment ๐Ÿคฃ..

๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ..

#154510 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Mine continue to soldier on. Still climbing to height. Mrs T assures me that at least one of the Buddha’s ones have flower buds. Others, well, they’re hanging on. Getting plenty of water today! ๐ŸŒง

#154513 Reply
    ajn

well done Tharg..๐Ÿ‘

#154614 Reply
    Lou

๐Ÿ˜ณ your sunflowers look incredible! Mines planted against trellis but growing fast, everything is doing quite well which I think may be down to the lovely weather we have had.

Hope your all enjoying the sunshine ๐Ÿ‘

#154639 Reply
    Lou

Awake at this godly hour fed up in pain….had a sore throat Thursday and Friday thought itl be cleared within a couple of days and then the neighbours decided to have a loud garden party Saturday night until past sunrise so I got no sleep and then bam, laryngitis hit me like a locomotive and my voice is completely missing in action! How on earth am I suppose to communicate with my consultant on Tuesday and the dealership Wednesday!? My throat feels so swollen I can barely swallow โ˜น๏ธ๐Ÿ‘Ž

#154650 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Oh, Lou… so sad to hear you’re having a rough time. What can I say? Other than hang on in there, my friend. The weather’s improving and, I reckon, it’ll help even if only a bit…ย  ย {{{{๐Ÿคง}}}}

#154654 Reply
    Lou

Thanks Tharg, the weathers lovely isnโ€™t it? I just feel so wiped out and keep resting, I canโ€™t speak and can barely swallow…my chest feels so painfully tight and heavy too ๐Ÿ‘ŽIv had this before but not as bad or painful as this.

#154655 Reply
    ajn

Lou sorry to here of the above, hopefully throat will ease soon, not so for the on going pain I guess..

Try get some rest when you can ๐Ÿ˜ด..

๐ŸŒป

#154681 Reply
    Lou

Thanks ajn for your kind words, am doing just that and fed up. Had a phone call earlier and felt stupid when trying to talk with only squeaks coming out (it proved difficult for both sides). I do hope you enjoy the weather today, itโ€™s certainly warm ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ™‚๐ŸŒป

#154683 Reply
    ajn

Just watered the sunflowers, reminding me to mention fluids Lou, try to drink plenty of water, hopefully it might help.๐Ÿ‘

๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ

#154685 Reply
    Lou

Have you got any more buds or bloom yet? Mine are still crawling upwards with no sign of a single bud! I think the strawberries are going to be the first to fruit, fluids is all Iv been able to manage the last few days ๐Ÿ‘Ž warm drinks are painful but soothing

#154738 Reply
    ajn

14 buds Lou, 6 ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ on one plant though, how about yogurt for the throat, but leave it out of the fridge for 10 mins or so before eating so not to cold.

I have no remedy for the throat tbh..

๐Ÿ˜•

#154746 Reply
    Lou

Yours are doing well ajn! Still not even a single bud for me, am starting to wonder if they will come once they have reached almost full height.

Thanks I hadnโ€™t thought of yoghurt, itl be nice to have something thatโ€™s not warm. Iv gone thru 2 packs of lozenges with little relief and been sleeping on and off most of the day ๐Ÿ‘Ž feel so rotten. Will see if someone can pick me up some nice yoghurts to have ๐Ÿ˜‹

#154750 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Oh, Lou… Wish I could recommend something to make you better. Only thing I’ve found to help with any condition in mouth or throat is rinsing/gargling with warm salt water. I know it is a “treatment” usually meted out by annoying aunties but, well, I’ve found it works, even if only a bit. Mrs T assures me that Waitrose do the best yogurts that can be got in supermarkets. Take a peek at the website, plenty of choice.ย  Take it easy, hope tomorrow is better.

#154753 Reply
    Lou

Thanks Tharg & Mrs T, il try anything! Worst part is itโ€™s slowly going to my chest and making it so heavy & tight ๐Ÿ˜ฉ I donโ€™t want to end up in hospital with pneumonia again. Il have a look on the Waitrose site, Iโ€™m sure I can find my appetite for a good yummy yoghurt. I agree Waitrose do some really really good stuff ๐Ÿ‘Œ

#154799 Reply
    ajn

๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธupdate๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Buds coming through on the multi head miniaturesย </p>

#154800 Reply
    ajn

#154801 Reply
    ajn

Here are the others too, how is the throat today Lou…still paining I guess

#154808 Reply
    Lou

๐Ÿ˜ณ oh my! Iโ€™m quietly going to say how envious (if thatโ€™s the right word) of how full and healthy all your sunflowers are doing ajn! Are you feeding them anything other than water? I think your going to start seeing some flowering in the next few weeks ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒป

#154810 Reply
    ajn

No feeding Lou, however I have had yellowing on the bottom leaves, also lost a few too..

Mrs ajn says the yellowing could be over/under watering could need a bigger pot or might need some sort of feeding..

I just hosed them over top to bottom and under the leaves, soaked them till water came out the bottom as I still water from the top ๐Ÿ˜ณ..

tbh Iโ€™ll be chuffed if any of us get even one flower..๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป

#154823 Reply
    ajn

Oh no ๐Ÿคจ, another leaf snapped off, I sure havenโ€™t got green fingers..

Viewing 25 replies - 326 through 350 (of 433 total)
Reply To: Sunflower idea ๐ŸŒป
Your information: