Sunflower idea 🌻

• Creator
    Topic
  • #143296 Reply
    ajn

I’m thinking of growing a sunflower in memory of anyone who sadly didn’t make it through the virus….

Thing is I have very little knowledge of doing so, is it to late in the year to early, I’ve got a pot, some compost no seed or flower yet..

would anyone else be interested and maybe have updates on our growing experience🌻.

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 433 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #148128 Reply
    ajn

Mrs Ajn pinched out a pear tree shoot & placed it a pot, it seems to be rooting, well it was a few weeks ago and it’s still green little leaves so hopefully it taken root, she did the same with lavender too..πŸͺ΄

#148135 Reply
    Lou

It’s horrible isn’t it? They currently sit outside the bird box waiting for the blue tits to come out for food ready to attack them ☹️

Last week a magpie caught a mouse in the garden and tore it to shreds then came back searching for more.

That sounds promising with your pear tree shoot (makes me think of Tilly) & lavender, I would be interested to know how they get on in the coming months. Il plant the mint in a couple of weeks if it starts to root.

#148143 Reply
    ajn

🌻🌼🌼🌸🌸🌸🌻🌼🌼🌸🌸🌸

Morning all, Oh well taken the decision to put the pot of sunflowers out in the rain this morning😳(no wind, almost still)

temp 9*

8am

This is about the hardest weather they will be facing so far, they have had some time outside only dry warm though..

#148147 Reply
    ajn

Here’s the pear 🍐(Tilly) tree 🍐shootπŸͺ΄ pinched out by Mrs ajn, it seems to have taken, she just plonked it in with the tree we grown from a cherry stone..

@Lou the magpies look lovely in colour and shape, but they attack no mercy, the doves, blackbirds, wood pigeons, sparrows, even seen a slow worm loose it’s life to them..

🌻

#148216 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Quite right about the magpies, folks. Utter thugs. I “rescued” one fledging last year which was dimΒ  enough to fly direct into window. Worries that it was dead were dispelled when the little blighter attacked my hand most voraciously. Did you know that magpies have VERY sharp beaks?

Now I’ve tried to post some snaps of my monsters but WMC’s widgetry handling snaps seems to have taken a dislike to me and/or my pooter. Will give it a day and try again (have tried posting other pics which went OK first time but it bounces them as well, telling me to check sizes, they’re nice and small, and format, all jpgs). πŸ“·

#148221 Reply
    ajn

No pics how strange.

🌻🌼🌼🌸🌸🌸

#148223 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Strange, but true. Affecting all WMC forums – simply some software gone wonky, I think. Moderator maestros have been informed and will fix it, for which, many thanks.

#148224 Reply
    ajn

@Thatg Β  😳 have you broken the pic sending thingy πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

#148225 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

@Tharg

Not you – but us, we are running out of space/storage/memory. I will sort ASAP. (Perhaps Monday)

#148230 Reply
    ajn

Are there we go, thanks wmcforum for the update..

time out for me πŸŒ»πŸŒΌπŸŒΌπŸŒΈπŸŒΈπŸŒΈπŸ‘‹πŸ»

#148234 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

@wmcforum Thank you, Mr Forum. Your efforts greatly appreciated. πŸ‘πŸ»

#148257 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

@wmcforum Thank you, Mr Forum. Your efforts greatly appreciated. πŸ‘πŸ»

@tharg
    I’ve deleted a load of old files and photos are loading again now. Sorry about that.

#148263 Reply
    Lou

Thanks ajn your pic has made me feel quite optimistic about my mint cutting 😊 ah that did make me smile, I think Tilly pear dog 🍐🐢 has become a permanent fixture in the wmc forum.

Tharg I rescued a grey quite large seagull once and held it far from my face whilst it was on my lap (I use to work with 2 large animal rescue charities) and I rescued a magpie a few weeks ago…I totally understand what you mean by sharp beak! It almost had my fingers and hand, the colours on them are lovely and not something you can truly appreciate from a distance or when they are in the sky.

The baby blue tits are doing well (I can only assume, with the parents going in and out) but there’s a crowd of 6+ magpies sitting patiently in the tree directly above the box πŸ‘Ž.

Hope you all have a nice Sunday. πŸŒ»πŸ™‚πŸŒ»

#148266 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

@wmcforum many thanks. Can now should friends here how my triffids are climbing to heavens!

#148267 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

As promised, here’s me triffids. They’ll have to go out into beds soon – probably Tuesday, weather permitting…

And, while we’re at it, here’s the tomatoes…

Have sent off for some other seeds. No pics will be posted…πŸ˜‰

#148277 Reply
    ajn

Pics are back πŸ‘

#148278 Reply
    ajn

Wooooow Tharg they look great, love the toms too, glad you enjoyed the pics Lou, seemed to post them just in time before the system went strange😳..

🌻

#148279 Reply
    joss

Oi! You lot.πŸŒ»πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ€β€πŸ§‘πŸ»πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ€β€πŸ§‘πŸΌπŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ€β€πŸ§‘πŸ½

If you break the pick up loads again. The Management will be around to to sort out yer sun flowers. 🌻πŸͺ’πŸͺ’πŸͺ’πŸͺ“πŸͺ“πŸͺ“πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜Ž

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#148280 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Thanks, ajn. Will really have to get them in the ground soon. They’ll be poking through kitchen roof otherwise!

#148281 Reply
    ajn

We have had some tomato plants passed to us, not really sure what one Mrs aj’s job, I haven’t a clue I’ll try get some pics and info for anyone interested..πŸ…πŸŠπŸŒ±, oh yeah 🌡too tiny round cactus thing too.

#148283 Reply
    ajn

I reckon I overloaded it πŸ˜‚

#148284 Reply
    ajn

Yeah sorry @Joss I’ll take the blame, I shove loads on 🌻🌼🌼🌸🌸🌸

#148286 Reply
    ajn

#148289 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Ah… do a bit of painting as well, eh, ajn?

#148291 Reply
    ajn

More admiring than the actual skill Tharg, however my admiring will be costing me a tenner, Mrs ajn has taken a shine to this,

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 433 total)
Reply To: Sunflower idea 🌻
Your information: