Stone chips

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #118683 Reply

Scott

evening wmc forum .. I have a few stone chips on my car , when I hand it back will this come off as wesr and tear or will this be a mark against me ?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #118686 Reply

JS

Should be fine Scott they are quite leaniant with those xort of things

#118722 Reply

joss
    Participant

evening wmc forum .. I have a few stone chips on my car , when I hand it back will this come off as wesr and tear or will this be a mark against me ?

There generally OK with chips. Its the dried on mushy peas there not keen on.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#118730 Reply

Mark

Hi

I was taking our Zafira back for hand over, it had covered some 38,000 miles and just had the odd stone chip, other than that everything was fine. With less than a mile to go to the dealers a duck decided to take off from the ditch at the side of the road ….. hit the bonnet and left a large duck shaped dent, then hit the windscreen, blood and feathers everywhere. But still got the full amount of the good condition bonus.

#118756 Reply

JS

something thats not commonly known is Motability has 4 refurb centers across the country where they carry out their own “smart” repairs on returned vehicles,  just abit of usless info but may explain why they alow minor dings etc.

#118758 Reply

Scott

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Ok guys put my mind at rest lol I know in the terms and conditions it says NOT to use touch up pens etc as this can make it worse .</p>

#118763 Reply

solent60
    Participant

Hi I was taking our Zafira back for hand over, it had covered some 38,000 miles and just had the odd stone chip, other than that everything was fine. With less than a mile to go to the dealers a duck decided to take off from the ditch at the side of the road ….. hit the bonnet and left a large duck shaped dent, then hit the windscreen, blood and feathers everywhere. But still got the full amount of the good condition bonus.

I hope you forwarded the duck the ‘bill’? 😉

#118773 Reply

Olpk

Just handed back with 106k mileage and never mentioned stone chips.

#118784 Reply

Matt

Lucky your Zafira wasn’t ‘goose-d’ 😉

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Stone chips

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: