Speeding

• Creator
    Topic
    Lou lou

<p style=”text-align: center;”>hi has anyone had a speeding ticket in a motabilty car what happens when u tell the insurance that u have gained 3 points and a £100 fine the course is not an option as already done that 2 years ago!!!</p>
    Was caught doing 49mph in a 40 zone by a mobile speed camera van to let a fire engine and police through who was flashing there headlights at me to move i no there not to blame and I will take it but what happens with the insurance will they no longer insure me

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    matt

can you not take a driver awareness course? then you dont get the points

Lou lou

<p style=”text-align: right;”>Thanks matt but that was already done 2 years ago before I joined the scheme,, i don’t go around speeding and always had a clean licence in the 20 years of driving until now not sure what is going to happen now will my car have to be returned</p>

Paul

how many points are on your licence presently?

Highly doubt your car will be taken off you.

One of my past vehiclesci had 6 points on my licence on changeover and was not an issue.

Lou lou

<p style=”text-align: center;”>No other driving convictions no points just the course I did 2 years ago</p>

joss
    Participant

@Lou lou

https://www.motability.rsagroup.co.uk/policy-keeping-us-informed.html

Keeping us informed
    It’s important that you let us know of any changes to the following:

Your details
    If you move house during your lease, you can inform us here. We will let Motability Operations know about your new address.

If you change your name during your lease, you must inform us. Please note in certain circumstances, we may require documentary evidence of your new details.

Your Named Driver(s)
    If your named driver(s) changes their name during your lease, you must inform us. Please note in certain circumstances, we may require documentary evidence of your new details.

If a named driver receives a motoring conviction, licence endorsement or fixed penalty notice, or have an accident, in another car during the agreement, you must tell us immediately to make sure they are still covered.

If a provisional licence holder passes their driving test, you must inform us.

You must inform us immediately if your named driver(s) are advised by a medical practitioner not to drive. You must also inform us if your named driver(s) licence has been revoked by the DVLA.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

Lou lou

Iv spoken with motabilty and they said it should be fine and I will get to keep my car but I need to ring insurance on Monday and update them.

Thank you guys for the messages x

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

@LouLou, oh bad luck. ☹️

I know what you mean about not being a speeder. It’s so easy to just creep over a limit, especially if there’s some idiot tailgating.
    There’s a few stretches near me that go from 50 & 60mph to 30mph and woe betide anyone who tries to drive at 30.
    It causes road rage constantly.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

Lou lou

bionic its pure bad luck but with a x5 police car up my arse flashing his lights I had no other choice as there was a car to the left and I couldn’t just move lanes as there was no where for me to go without causing a serious accident no win situation but its happened now have no choice but to take it on the chin and deal with it,, just wish I had my dash cams in my car on that day as I could have used it as evidence but I had just collected the new car the day before this happened so was awaiting brother to add them into this one, even viewing the evidence u can see the police car practically sat on my back bumper and lights flash as thete is a video 

Oscarmax
    Participant

Wayne Thursday a Knobhead truck driver was hurling abuse and blowing his horn because I was going 30 mph using my speed limiter in a 30 mph zone, naughty me I will have to stop keeping to the speed limits.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Mad isn’t it?

I actually tweeted North Wales Police & the local council once asking about a particular stretch of road and what to do in exactly your circumstance as I was getting really pee’d off with it. The reply was basically saying that if anything happens (like I’m killed I suppose!) I’d be in the right.
    Thanks a bunch PC ByTheBook.
    Damned if ya do and all that!

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

@LouLou, you may not of had a dash cam but the police car will have.
    So I’d have thought it’s worth contesting it with your position. It’s a ‘nothing to lose’ situation. 🤞

Lou lou

I went on and viewd the evidence they supply u can clearly see from the video and the pictures that its practically on my bumper then u can see the lights flash and then went im able I moved and that speeded up as going past shouted something at me couldnt actually hear what he said but that’s a its a my word against there’s can I be bothered dragging this out with the covid situation im not sure 

simpleman

You worry to much. Just call the insurance, update your details  end of.   You will not lose your car unless you get 12 points.

Lou lou

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Simple man I have rang motabilty and they said it would be fine just panicked I just need to contact insurance on Monday and tell them to add it on so I don’t get in any more trouble but thank you x</p>

Oscarmax
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Simple man I have rang motabilty and they said it would be fine just panicked I just need to contact insurance on Monday and tell them to add it on so I don’t get in any more trouble but thank you x</p>

Next time just pull over don’t let them push you into making driving error, they are professional drivers they are not suppose to put the general public in danger.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Lou lou

Thank you Oscar max.thats what I will do next time

Menorca Mike

I got £100 fine on M42since then I’ve set my digital readout on dash on my golf to current speed or I set cruise to 70mph

Belfast4

I would not be accepting 3 points and a fine. I would go to court apply for legal aid and get a solicitor. If a magistrate  seen the police vehicle pushing you to speed up to get out of their way I would say he or she would give you advice rather than anything else.

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Totally agree Belfast4.

Abercol
    Participant

I was caught speeding, simply called the insurers, no problem, they are not worried about it at all as long as you don’t have 3 or more during the lease.

It did feel weird getting points on my license, first ones since sometime in my yoof in the eighties…

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

Lou lou

Belfast I really want to go court and take it all the way but I just don’t want a long drawn out process,, i really don’t have the energy due to all medical issues,, i totally except I did 49mhp in a 40 zone but if the police wasn’t sat on my bumper flashing there lights i wouldn’t have been doing 49mhp in a 40 zone to me its 1 rule for them and another for people like me I moved into the next lane when it was safe to do so without causing a bloody accident all this stress has caused my mental health to go down the drain iv cried buckets not knowing what is going to happen but after speaking with motabilty and rsa insurance and been the only offence they have re assured me that I will be able to keep my car that was my main concern as this car is my absolute life line,, think I might speak with a solicitor and show him there evidence pictures and video and see where I stand I have 28 days to do this before I have to reply back to the police

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Hi Lou Lou, I absolutely understand that you don’t want the stress. I hope you’re doing ok there. Sending big hugs your way 🤗

If you can muster up the strength, it’s definitely worth, at least, sending the evidence to the body that deals with your area’s speeding offences and advise them that you’re taking legal advice. I would have thought that they’d drop the case.
    Fingers crossed for you. 🤞🤞♥️

Oscarmax
    Participant

Belfast I really want to go court and take it all the way but I just don’t want a long drawn out process,, i really don’t have the energy due to all medical issues,, i totally except I did 49mhp in a 40 zone but if the police wasn’t sat on my bumper flashing there lights i wouldn’t have been doing 49mhp in a 40 zone to me its 1 rule for them and another for people like me I moved into the next lane when it was safe to do so without causing a bloody accident all this stress has caused my mental health to go down the drain iv cried buckets not knowing what is going to happen but after speaking with motabilty and rsa insurance and been the only offence they have re assured me that I will be able to keep my car that was my main concern as this car is my absolute life line,, think I might speak with a solicitor and show him there evidence pictures and video and see where I stand I have 28 days to do this before I have to reply back to the police

I am sorry but the police should not be tailgating and endangering the life of a disabled driver, personally I would go to court, it is classed as dangerous driving.

You may wish to pop down to Halford and have a front and rear dash cams fitted to avoid such situations. We have had a front dash cam for many years.

Mossfinn

I checked with my solicitor when considering contesting a bus lane camera fine ,whilst living in London , given for moving over for police.

His advice was very simple and clear  You are legally obliged to follow a Legal order from a Police officer but not an illegal one.
    If you are in the outer lane travelling at max permitted speed And a Police car flashes you to move over, you indicate and continue travelling at max permitted speed until safe to pull in. Hopefully inner lane cars would slow to let you but if they don’t, too bad. When you do pull in, the police will likely glare at you but that’s frustration. They cannot book you for any offence.
    Same principle if you are at red light. Despite any pressure, don’t jump it, await green.

Lou lou

Oscar max i now have my dash cams fitted front and rear the only reason they wasn’t fitted on that day is i had collected my new car so removed from old one to add into new one extra eyes

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 58 total)
  • The topic ‘Speeding’ is closed to new replies.