Some people are nasty

• Creator
    Topic
  • #146126 Reply
    Richy
    Participant

So I had my car keyed a while back whilst parked in my local Sainsbury’s in a disability bay with my badge displayed too, all I can imagine is it was an act of nasty jealousy.

So today I pulled up to visit Sainsbury’s, a lovely Mustang was parked next to me in a bay too displaying their badge, I am a big petrol head so had a lovely look round and then proceeded to go shopping, I came out and as my wife was loading the shopping I noticed somebody had keyed the Mustang from front to back between the time we pulled up and then came out, I waited and informed the driver of what had happened to his beautiful car.

As you can guess he was very upset, he noticed my key mark and I explained it happened in the same spot he was parked in a while back, we had a natter about how nasty some folk are and then we both left.

Why do people do it, it’s not like people with newish or flashy cars mean we can’t be disabled, I’m gutted for him , fortunately I’ve not had mine done again, but didn’t get mine repaired yet as I sort of was afraid the same person might do it again, rsam told me not to worry as did motability as they said they would be fine with it, I’m still tempted to get it repaired before I hand it back, for the sake of £100 lay out to then get my GCB wouldn’t be so bad , but I’m then worried the nasty ****** would see it fixed and do it again!

Some people are just horrid

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #146127 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

What time was this ? I go Tesco 7am in morning no one around all disabled spaces empty

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#146128 Reply
    Richy
    Participant

About mid day, I really should go at quieter times I think, I’m sure mine got keyed cause I don’t look that disabled until I get my scooter out, but that specific day I had just used my stick, I walked past a group of younger men, they weren’t there when I came back but the key mark was , the car was only two weeks old too!

I informed rsam immediately and they said not to worry for now, did it again recently as I’ve ordered my new car, but again they told me not to worry, looks an eye sore though , especially after the valeter has been.

#146129 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Richy, I’d be asking the supermarket if they have any CCTV footage covering the area with disabled bays. You never know. After all, you’ve managed to narrow it down to a specific time period.

#146130 Reply
    Richy
    Participant

@solent60 would you believe the only place the cameras can’t see is by the side where the bays are, which is why most the time I park in the other non disability bays near the front of the shop

#146132 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

@solent60 would you believe the only place the cameras can’t see is by the side where the bays are, which is why most the time I park in the other non disability bays near the front of the shop

Bloody typical isn’t it. Good advice on parking away from the disabled bays though… even though modern parking spaces are the size of a postage stamp!

#146133 Reply
    Footloose

Hi

i fear that this may have happened to my vehicle though it is around 3-4 inches it still visible to me as I’m particular about maintaining the cars appearance and can someone tell me the best way to sort it as in either T cut or touch up pen/paint(misano blue Bmw 2 series gran and)👍

#146138 Reply
    Tim

Hi Footloose, sorry to hear about the scratch. Motability will probably tell you not to worry about it, but if it bothers you I’d opt for a smart repair, £80-£100 is probably about right for the size.

T-Cut is probably a no go, if you can feel the scratch with your nail then it will be useless. You also run the risk of over polishing the scratch and making the paint work a different shade. My opinion is smart repair if it bothers you enough.

#146142 Reply
    Footloose

Hi Tim

Thank you for the sound advice 👍

#146144 Reply
    Lets Get organised

Any one up for a stakeout lay some bait then some long range surveillance with video recording to prove it once we catch and report it I have got a DSLR with a telephoto lens

Where abouts is this supermarket?

#146145 Reply
    garry
    Participant

A  7.62 SLR would be my choice and no need for the video 😜

#146146 Reply
    Adam
    Participant

SMART repair. is the way to go That what i would do

Paintwork Scratches

#146148 Reply
    Jsh

Last time I had this done I was just on my way back to my car.

Heard the bloke “look at this pr**k, bet he isn’t disabled” pointing at my car while peering in through windows.

Ironically another motability customer and had a not all disabilities are visible sticker in his car window.

He was in a Nissan X trail.

I had a bright volcanic orange Mini Cooper S, with optional John cooper works spoiler.

Stood out like a sore thumb..

He tried denying it so got police involved.

He had to pay for rectification work

#146156 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Where is this supermarket ? Is it in a rough area ?

#146157 Reply
    Richard

7.62 SLR 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

#146158 Reply
    Tim

I never have this problem at Waitrose 😅

#146164 Reply
    Richy
    Participant

It’s one in Southampton, mainly older generation live round here , and it’s quiet mostly. but the shop is frequented by a lot of people from out the area.  Don’t get me wrong it’s not an area nothing happens and does really set my anxiety levels sky high sometimes (I’ve got severe anxiety disorder), but nothings happened at home before which I’m happy about, didn’t stop me getting CCTV when I got my car though!

It’s ridiculous really, when did we have to not have nice cars to be disabled or use the bays 😕

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by Richy.
    #146167 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I had a similar issue around 6 years ago in a similar location during a holiday.  The supermarket began and ended with the same letter, a vowel.

#146169 Reply
    Richy
    Participant

I remember when I was younger, my dad had resprayed his Volvo 240 saloon (Yeah that’s a throwback haha) in a deep royal blue, only a week later to find some nasty so and so had run what looked like a screw driver up the bonnet, he was furious, but at the same time he had parked it out on the road instead of round the side of the house on the driveway.

Still it’s so uncalled for and don’t see what people get from doing it, I do hope one day karma happens to their vehicle

#146170 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Can you go to another store ?

#146171 Reply
    Richy
    Participant

Mike, I could but the other stores tend to be no different, not that I’m knocking the place I grew up in, cause honestly most the time it’s quiet and lovely, to be fair nothing else has ever happened to any of my cars, I had a few nice ones before my pip mobility came through, old ones but nice looking, and had a blue badge for years before I got this car which is my first car on motability, and it’s only a qashqui so it’s not like I’m lording it up 🤣

My friend on Facebook lives over Dorset way and told me he caught a little old lady doing it to his motability car one day, I was half in shock and I do have quite a sense of humour so we were both having a little giggle over it, he’d forgot to put his badge out that day, but she was sweet and appoligetic, apparently after he caught her, she payed for the repairs. But there’s still no need.

Maybe I should buy a banger for shopping with haha,

Isn’t it sad , because when my grandland turns up I’m worried it might happen again, and on black paint it would look terrible, my dad said are you sure it wasn’t there before and it was a disgruntled neighbour, I did check the CCTV and nothing occurred, and my wife was 99.9% it wasn’t there when we walked in the shop.

Isn’t it sad though that my neighbours are so blo*dy nosy and rude I have to lye and say it’s on PCP to get them off my back, they know I’m disabled and most of them know how it’s is and how it affects me, but I still don’t need the hassle of them thinking free car, with their narrow mindness they would too, I just want a peaceful life, can’t tell them to p*as off cause we’ve lived here for years in a tiny cauldisac so we are all really friendly, they all moan about my other neighbour that’s young and has a motability car, how she’s scrounging, I get peed off and start shouting and defending her, makes me wonder what they say about me.

Saying all this now I think I need to move somewhere else 🤣

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by Richy.
    #146174 Reply
    Chris
    Participant

We have a nextbase 512 hardwired to the car and if someone so much as sneezes on the car it starts recording. My advice would be get that done, most supermarkets have a ‘ leave at your own responsibility ‘ sign up as damage to cars happens fairly often. Our car was dented on its first day in a shopping centre car park and its the most frustrating thing! The person hit the car 3 times in a row with their back door as their wasn’t enough space to get their child out the car, I wouldn’t of been to bothered but I deliberately parked out of the way with it being new and they still parked next to me, then left too little space and bash the crap out of the car.

#146178 Reply
    Richy
    Participant

@Chris I’m definitely leaning towards a dash cam for the new car I’ve ordered, but even then how would I know who they are as all I would have is a recording of some random person 😕

#146180 Reply
    Richard

Had similar happen to me when young, pulled up in a disabled bay at pc World my friend with me was on crutches due to nearly dying on a motorbike. Just as he was getting out this yuppie looking twunt parks right next to us over the hatched zone, leaps outta his car & sprints into the shop. My friend struggled out then whipped a 50p out (back when they were chunky) & Proceeded to grind the edge into his paint right down to bare metal.

I’ve never deliberately vandalised anyone’s car but when a miserable old git got out in Tesco & started ranting at me for parking in a disabled bay, I was just about to drive off & had put my badge away but because I was only 43 at the time I must’ve been taking the pee, he swore at me in front of elderly relatives & my kids he demanded to see my badge like he was a traffic warden (not that he’d have had any jurisdiction on private land anyway) kept screaming he had a right to see it, I didn’t use a disabled bay for months after that upset me so much. I really felt like reversing my towbar onto his radiator.

I have cameras up everywhere now just in case even in a very rural location you just can’t take chances. Anyone starts on me I whip the phone out & film em

Had an incident where a little old lady barreled straight into the side of me as she didn’t stop at a give way. She bounced off my car, up the bank, onto 2 wheels, back down across the road hot the kerb on the other side bounced off drove another 200 yards, stopped looked back at me then drove off I had to go after her.

Her first words were why didn’t you see me (I did you were supposed to stop) I didn’t see you, I was driving a bright red Mondeo estate on a lovely clear spring day & the junction was a great big open grass triangle so you can see for miles. Luckily that’s the only real damage I’ve had done & was to older vehicles anyway so who cares what they look like.

#146199 Reply
    Chris
    Participant

@Chris I’m definitely leaning towards a dash cam for the new car I’ve ordered, but even then how would I know who they are as all I would have is a recording of some random person 😕

Its more a deterrent than a tool to catch them to be honest, you get a blue stickers to stick in your window to say its protected by nextbase. You could report them with video footage to the police as it is vandalism and not a ‘ accidental bang ‘ I suppose. Even seeing their faces you might bump into them one day in the supermarket and you could threaten to stuff them in a standing freezer somewhere 😂

#146301 Reply
    Richard

Apparently we are not allowed to hardwire a dash cam into our cars they are allowing us to use a dash cam but they must be placed in a socket and not hardwired as it could invalidate our insurance.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
Reply To: Some people are nasty
Your information: