SOME LEAD NEW CAR TIMES

• Creator
    Topic
  • #169933 Reply
    Micky

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #169934 Reply
    Micky

This was from pike&beacham ?

Thought I would post as some ,may find interesting maybe not ?

#170763 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

I was in my local Kia dealership today looking at the EV6. The guy in there told me if I placed an order today it would have a 7 month lead time. They had the new Sorento in there with a lead time of next October if I wanted one.

By the way, the EV6 was very nice.

#170768 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

5ish months for the Golf doesn’t ring right, considering how many people here waited 9-12 months.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY22

#170769 Reply
    MickC
    Participant

What a drag waiting for a new car to be built these days.

#170770 Reply
    Brydo

If Volvo deliver our xc40 in February, as they are now suggesting, it will be 8 months since order.

#170774 Reply
    Ed

I’ve been informed by several dealers that if I buy the car I can have a delivery date  yet as a motability customer they can’t say when I can have the car.

Its completely understandable from their point of view as the commission on a retail sale is better than they get from motability. Plus in most cases they take a car in part exchange and make profit on that.

Our lack of choice and poor delivery times appear down to motability not doing anything to help us and making easy money by just extending leases.

It’s time to write to motability management and get them to start helping us and giving dealers more incentive to to get us the choice of vehicles we need, or reduce the amount we are paying for 3 or 4 year old cars.

#170829 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Carwow are quoting 7 months for the VW iD3 and 4 now.

It seems like even the EV’s are running out of chips now.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: SOME LEAD NEW CAR TIMES
Your information: