So undecided as to next car

• Creator
    Topic
  • #157628 Reply
    Laura jones

Hello

i have a Kia Sportage at the moment petrol auto gt line.
    I extended to 5 years which is up in February. I can’t decide which car to go for next.

I need an electronic handbrake, electronic tailgate, auto, petrol and reverse camera if available (but will pay extra if need be)

I need the height of something like the Sportage and I have an electric foldable scooter/chair which needs to go in the boot. I have to park on road on plug in not for me and would like to keep sort of around the bhp I have which is 174. I may want to tow in the future too. Not the be all or end all.

The Kia doesn’t come with electric handbrake, the one next year might when finalised.

I’ve driven a 3008, was ok but not sure vw Tiguan Was ok. Gla was ok Rav 4 ok. Hyundai no point as they don’t do what I need spec wise. Xc40 loved the drive but expensive ap and have to pay for camera. Q3 seemed expensive and boot smaller than expected. Haven’t tried Suzuki, Mitsubishi, seat or Nissan yet but may consider.

I just don’t know what to get and would like peoples opinions if have similar cars or know a good deal for what I need to help me.
    I know long winded message appreciate any help

thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #157651 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

Are there any suitable cars that don’t have a power tailgate?  You can have the tailgates modified to make them automatic.

Elap/BraunAbility – ‘A Hatch’ Rear Hatch Automatic Boot Opener

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#157665 Reply
    Karl

MG HS Exclusive DCT has everything you have listed , little less BHP at 162,

#157670 Reply
    stewart
    Participant

On our second RAV4 and 5th Toyota Hybrid, this one is the best yet.

We have had the car about 2 months now the model we have is the Excel, it has

Electric handbrake, which seems to be automatic have yet to need to press any buttons.

Engine Bhp 215, just done 619 miles on 2nd tank full 59 Mpg

Reverse camera is standard also has some sort or rear cross traffic monitor

Tailgate is electric, not sure about this RAV4 but on the previous RAV4 tailgate opening height could be changed

Boot can take a manual wheelchair big wheels off plus a couple of boxes  of shopping. Boot floor is flat.

Be warned if you do go for the RAV4 Excel you have to choose the leather seat colour light grey, black or tan I think, black is not standard.

Good luck with your search

#157689 Reply
    Caroline Holland

Hi although we are now having to leave Seat as need more wheelchair space I can highly recommend Seat it’s like VW but with more spec and better paint

#157717 Reply
    Adam
    Participant

Mitsubishi

Hello i have a Kia Sportage at the moment petrol auto gt line. I extended to 5 years which is up in February. I can’t decide which car to go for next. I need an electronic handbrake, electronic tailgate, auto, petrol and reverse camera if available (but will pay extra if need be) I need the height of something like the Sportage and I have an electric foldable scooter/chair which needs to go in the boot. I have to park on road on plug in not for me and would like to keep sort of around the bhp I have which is 174. I may want to tow in the future too. Not the be all or end all. The Kia doesn’t come with electric handbrake, the one next year might when finalised. I’ve driven a 3008, was ok but not sure vw Tiguan Was ok. Gla was ok Rav 4 ok. Hyundai no point as they don’t do what I need spec wise. Xc40 loved the drive but expensive ap and have to pay for camera. Q3 seemed expensive and boot smaller than expected. Haven’t tried Suzuki, Mitsubishi, seat or Nissan yet but may consider. I just don’t know what to get and would like peoples opinions if have similar cars or know a good deal for what I need to help me. I know long winded message appreciate any help thanks

Mitsubishi are pulling out of the uk so stock mite be a problem

we ordered a Suzuki and was in stock and is already in there compound after 2 weeks of ordering it

Suzuki could be good as it  was in stock

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #157689 in So undecided as to next car
Your information: