Smokey and the bandit tonight itv 4

This topic contains 25 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  JS 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #111025 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Fantastic film Burt Reynolds sally field sammy Davis jr dean martin etc and the sheriffs who is star of the show ! ITV 4 at 7.10 pm

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #111047 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Got them all on my server plus most other stuff he’s done, the absolute definition of a Super Star!

#111057 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Totally agree vinalspin and the black Pontiac trans am is fab too

#111068 Reply

Footloose

Thanks Mike..great shout 👍

#111069 Reply

Dave h

deano and sammy were in cannonball run …the outtakes were class

#111070 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Yes that was a great film also

#111071 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Does the sheriff have a son ? I’m sure the sheriff was in a James Bond film ?

#111072 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

My son was 8 years old by the time this film hit our TV screens and he knew every line of the dialogue word by word thanks to having our first Betamax video recorder to tape the film.

Myself was into CB at the time, illegally of course and it took all the fun out of it once legalised in 81 but great fun on the motorways back then with truckers calling out to me in my mini van with the DV27 sticking out like a sore thumb “you in the little roller skate, have you got your ears on” and me telling them I’m “on the side reading the mail” I’d get back from the trucker “watch my back door for the smokey as I shake the leaves”. 😁

#111073 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

The black Pontiac trans am sales must have gone through the roof I’m sure it had a gold eagle on the bonnet ?

#111075 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

#111076 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

#111077 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

I remember was his son above marrying sally field ?

#111081 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

I remember was his son above marrying sally field ?

I remember the sheriff saying something about having a word with his mother because the best part of him ran down his mothers leg.😁

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  ChrisK.
    #111087 Reply

Georgie

Ha!  I once had a friend with 4 cats the were called ‘Eastbound’ and ‘Down’, ‘Loaded up’ and ‘Truckin’ ‘.  Guess what his favourite film was.

Plus some sort of hairy terrier called ‘Teapot’.

#111088 Reply

Dave h

Mike different sheriff bond film was live and die

#111095 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Thanks Dave just read that smokey and the bandit cost 4 and half million dollars to make and made 300 million dollars

#111112 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Was fantastic loved when Burt smiled at the camera when hiding behind the building

#111139 Reply

martino

best film ever

i sometime play the them tune in the car while driving

#111140 Reply

martino

think i liked it cause i was into CB RADIOS’s I had one in the house and in the car  my first motability car a Datsun Cherry , 1983 it was three years old when i got it , my handle(name on the CB) was  The Director,

those were the days .

10/4 good buddy

#111141 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Martino smokey and the bandit 2 is on tv next month with the elephant ! I’m sure I’ve never saw 3 which I’ve just read they made !

#111143 Reply

martino

look forward to that

#111145 Reply

Footloose

It was a tonic during the current crisis..took me back especially thinking about c.b radio 👍

#111160 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

The 3rd film only has Burt in it at the end for about 15 seconds, having said that I still liked it. 😁

#111163 Reply

JS

Ahh CB,s

I have one of my late fathers CB Radio in the shed and fully intend on putting it on a shelf in the new garden room when I finally get around to doing the garden. The garden room will the last thing to do but in the meantime even today I was busy in the garden listen to the radio on another item that’s ear marked for the garden room shelf next to the CB  (still sounds great). His Sony radio simiar to this one.

I’ll find the CB out tomorrow and take a picture of it and the radio. I think they will look good together, and funny when the younger family members visit and asks “what are they”

#111172 Reply

Philjb

js you can still buy cassette radios like that on amazon.

#111185 Reply

JS

Yer still about and even some new DAB radios are based on older styles, our one is original early 80’s. I like the simplness of the design and it doesn’t involve a mobile or speaking to it to get it to go lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: Smokey and the bandit tonight itv 4

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: