skoda superb facelift 2019-2020

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar wibbuk 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #77151 Reply
    wibbuk
    Participant

hi, i recently went to a skoda garage to enquire about the up coming facelift skoda superb.i seen it had been shown at the geneva motor show. so i asked the skoda sales rep is it up for order yet which was back in march and he said yes, you will get the facelift version.but now I’m hearing its not even out till last quarter maybe early next year.so i emailed him and got no reply, then i rang him to be told my oder is on its way to the uk, which means its not the facelift version.as i was going through pip assessment so i extended the contract for a further 2 years till it was settled, so waiting for the facelift version was not a problem.would you  take the car which would really be doing him a favour or complain its not what i asked for.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #77155 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

I would only take what I had asked for. If you are cancelling better to do it sooner than later.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#77159 Reply
    Trev

I think the dealers been trying to pull a fast one. If they were honest this facelift looks a major one, to which they / us don’t even know the specs until it’s revealed in 5 days time. They could have only placed an order for the current version, for which there is a Motability reference # for. It will be a while before motability generate this number (unique to each car/trim on the scheme) for the new versions and without that the dealer cannot place an order.

The choice is yours really, but for me i wouldn’t be happy.

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#77162 Reply
    wibbuk
    Participant

I’m not happy at all trev,but I’ve got options on as well so this is now going to turn into one big headache.ive been with Ford for the past 16 years,so this was not an easy decision.i normally go with the mondo estate but it’s been taken off the scheme and the focus isn’t big enough to fit two wheelchairs and toddler lol.but will Motability back me up on this or will I be pushed into taken it.but on the other hand the car is not on the forecourt and he has no control how long it would take to get in the Uk.so if there is any delays what would happen if it turned up as the facelift is released.so do I cancel or refuse to give my pin.what would you do trev?

#77163 Reply
    Trev

Wibbuk, you are free to cancel at any time before handover and entering your pin – that’s not an issue.

Have you paid anything upfront? Some dealers specifically ask for a deposit, if so you’ll have to check the term of the said deposit.

However, this week i’m pleased to say, the Mondeo’s returned to the scheme, including the estate versions – http://tiny.cc/o0iw6y

In your shoes, i would not say anything to the Skoda dealership yet, but contact the Ford dealer and see what options, availability, etc there is on the Mondeo, and assess the situation further once i have all info in my hand so to speak.

I hope that by telling you the Mondeo’s have returned to the scheme hasn’t caused you a bigger headache in the decision making process!

#77166 Reply
    wibbuk
    Participant

Yes trev I gave him a grand.will the mondeo be back next pricelist in July.thanks for the advice.this site has been so helpful,cheers for news on the mondeo.

#77171 Reply
    Trev

We don’t have any foresight in to what is coming on the scheme, or how long a vehicle is to stay unfortunately. We’re purely reactive by what we see, and then share on the forum.

Appreciate the thanks, it’s good to know the forum is helping people in their decision making.

Keep us updated with how you proceed, always willing to help if we can.

#77198 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Personally if the dealer had said you were going to receive the facelift model and is now trying to palm you off with old stock that’s going to be hard to shift(even with a discount) once the new model is available then you should contact Motability and tell them that the dealer is trying to supply you with a different car to what was agreed on when you signed up and say you want to cancel and get your deposit back straight away.

As far as the Mondeo being on next quarter nobody knows but from what I understand they are getting rid of old stock before the new Hybrid versions come out so might be a limited availability and only back on the scheme for a short period.

#77205 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

8 Mondeo Diesel Estate’s on the scheme of which 5 are Automatics.

Prices start at AP £2,595 going up to £3,195.

#77206 Reply
    wibbuk
    Participant

Hi,vinalspin 1st love the tag name.thanks for the information,appreciated.i just hope the garage does not try to refuse to cancel the order to make it difficult,but fingers crossed.im definitely going with ford as I’ve had a long stress free 16 years.

#77229 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

If the garage doesn’t play ball then ring mota.

I have driven every version of mondeo and thought every time what a complete car it was and it would be hard to improve but they did, good choice.

#77325 Reply
    wibbuk
    Participant

Just an update,I went to the dealership today and asked for it to be cancelled and the bottom line of why he ordered the non-facelift version was because how long it would be before it’s out,not his problem really.motability are helping me with chasing up the cancellation but can’t help me getting  my deposit back.i asked the salesman and he said I could have back when the car is cancelled so fingers crossed he does.

#77327 Reply
    Trev

I can’t see any problem in it at all wibbuk.

The dealer hasn’t incurred any costs, and a small claims court case is more than their reputation is worth.

You’ll be fine, have you arranged any viewings / test-drives for the mondeo?

I love the mondeo – had a 2nd hand one before we joined the scheme £650 – bought from a Ford mechanic who had used the scrappage scheme to upgrade the car with various bits like alloys – drove like a dream for years and sold for the same price i paid!

#77328 Reply
    wibbuk
    Participant

I hope so trev,to be honest I don’t no what I was thinking going else where.im 47 and grew up with fords.my dad had fords.i didn’t no what to why the mondeo was taken off the scheme with all of these changes Ford are making.i should of gone back to the focus estate as it a bit bigger now.ive noticed on the mobility website that the mondeo shows up when you search for fords.im thinking of the st-line awd edition.ive got the 240 titanium at the moment.getting test drives is something I miss out on due to hand-controls.i really hope they give me my money back.they never asked for it but I offered due to options.i will let you no tomorrow.

#77334 Reply
    Landyman

I think it might come under the consumer rights act 2015, were in this case a car should be supplied as described.

#77339 Reply
    wibbuk
    Participant

Hi,landyman.the sales rep said it’s the 2020 facelift and not 2019 trying to be smart.thanks for info I will use it if I have too.

#78123 Reply
    wibbuk
    Participant

Today has been a good day,Motability had to do a manual cancellation and the mondeo came back on the list plus I got my deposit back in full with no charges.ordered a new mondeo in a heartbeat.but my advice to anyone is don’t go to a dealer unless you know 100% what you want,don’t order anything.speak with Motability first.and never part with any money.now fingers crossed 8 weeks till delivery.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: skoda superb facelift 2019-2020

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: