SEAT use of the 2.0 TSi discontinued?

This topic contains 73 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  JamieT 4 days, 9 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #75415 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

Just noticed this morning that the 2.0 TSi engine option has been removed from the SEAT car configuration tool for all models that previously had it as an option.

I’m not too surprised to see this as the move seems to be towards smaller turbo engines but I am a bit gutted as I was hoping to get one ordered before it disappeared.

It looks like it’s being replaced by the 2.0 TDi which wasn’t an option on the Leon before today and has only recently been added for the Ateca.

I expect Motability will be updated in due course.

Viewing 23 replies - 51 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #78801 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

Winston, I have been constantly frustrated by them chopping and changing over the last few months.

SEAT have obviously decided to streamline production to keep costs down, fewer choices and no options apart from a sunroof.

They must feel that the cost savings are worth more than whatever sales they lose by not being flexible.

#78802 Reply

Winston
    Participant

Yeah that was story given by the sales rep at Seat, but it’s hard to believe or more understand that they can’t make a more flexible system work for them

Doesn’t really affect me obviously but my friend has given up on them lol, so thats one sale lost ha

#78807 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Every Seat dealership I’ve visited have been the most unprofessional, arrogant bunch of imbeciles on the planet and I still have 7 months left of dealing with my local one, JOY! πŸ€”

#78827 Reply

Winston
    Participant

I’ve got no complaints with the 2 dealerships we visited, they were pretty upfront and can’t change Seat’s policy. I even got a can of Irn Bru, sadly they didn’t have any of the good original stuff kicking about in their stockroom lol

I think it’s just pot luck on whether a dealership is friendly, good customer service or give of good vibe etc rather than saying Audi is good, Seat is poor etc

Based on my experience only

But one thing I’m dreading is when I collect my Tiguan I’m surround by Arnold Clark VW dealerships which I’ll need to use when I go for servicing, any faults etc. As the other VW dealerships are too far away

And just walking through the door at Arnold Clark makes my skin crawl, I honestly hate them. Worse than Kwik Fit 😭😭😭

#78830 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Same here with Cars2, had my car in 5 times and still haven’t fixed it, the last excuse was that the technician wanted to take my car home with him for the night so he might be able to figure out what’s wrong with it! Really, REALLY?!? Use my fuel and drive about in my car for the night so you can figure out why the heater blows cold on anything but the “HI” setting, absolute tripe! I refused, still not fixed and motability don’t care.

#78832 Reply

mzmps
    Participant

vinalspin,

Was passing through Barnsley again the other day, went in Cars2, to have a look at the Ateca. There was only one of the staff on the showroom floor, couldn’t have been more helpful, came to speak to me, adjusted the seat in the car so I could get in easily, answered questions I had, checked stock, even though he knew I was only having a quick look. There were more staff in the office in the corner, looked totally disinterested in what was going on, luckily I was the only one there.

I did have a Seat years ago, was bought from Wakefield dealer, not the Car2 one, it used to be next to CarPeople. But what hear of how dealers have been, kind of putting me off.

#78851 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

When I visited Cars2 in Barnsley in Sept 16 I was unfortunate enough to call at a time when the mota rep was on his lunch(at 10.30am) and none of the other salesmen would even enter into conversation with me, 2 of them even picked up their phones and started a conversation with what I can only imagine was some kind of magician as they didn’t even dial a number or the phone light up or ring but they both did the “hello, Cars 2”!

#79215 Reply

Alfie Boy

Dealer rang me today to tell me my car had arrived at the dealership 😊

Just over a week left on my current lease then I can swap them over πŸ‘

#79216 Reply

Magnum Mike
    Participant

Alfie please put photo on here

I like Magnums....

#79226 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

Nice one Alfie!

Yes, pics or it never happened lol.

#79280 Reply

Missie
    Participant

I am 1 of the lucky 1s in my eyes (I know there are mixed reviews) and ordered my seat leon 2.0tsi xcellence lux mid april.

It was built last month and was shipped over on the 6th june.

I think it arrived at my dealership yesterday and have provisionally booked in for collection on friday afternoon.

I ordered it in orange, not everyones choice but I think it looks lovely in person.

I have to say the dealership I have gone to have been brilliant, no faults at all.

They let me have an extended test drive before ordering (approx 4 hours) and I loved driving it so am a little excited to be getting it.

How is everyone else’s orders going?

#79282 Reply

Magnum Mike
    Participant

Please put photo of it on here at weekend sounds lovely in orange

I like Magnums....

#79449 Reply

Alfie Boy

Popped into dealers today , wet & miserable but saw her in the flesh 😁

#79452 Reply

JS (justsaying)

Very nice

#79458 Reply

JamieT

Very nice alfie!, im already planning ahead for when i get mine and taking it strait from the dealers to a car detailer to get it 2stage ceramic coated it costs Β£575 but unlike dealerships with there “paint protection” my car will be properly prepped first rather thaΒ  wiped over then applied like dealerships do, all in all its a 5day process including a machine polish. Long term pays for itself as wont need to proper wash it so over the 3 years i estimate it to save me about Β£1800 in car washes(tend to clean my cars every week)

#79459 Reply

Magnum Mike
    Participant

Looks fantastic love the colour and wheels

I like Magnums....

#80190 Reply

JamieT

Soo got some good news yesterday, my car is now at the dealers, but cant pick it up till monday as apparently motability have told them they have to give it 5days from delivery to handover so they can sort paperwork etc πŸ€”, anyone elce had this before as i dont remember the last few times ive had one.

#80191 Reply

Missie
    Participant

I was told 4 days wait at my dealership for the paperwork to be done.

Car was delivered at dealership last monday and I picked it up on the friday.

They took their time and went through every single thing on the car. So relaxed yet professional. I really cant fault them.

Weather hasn’t been great but I will post a picture soon 😊

#80192 Reply

mzmps
    Participant

Yes have heard of it, don’t remember details of where though, but heard it can happen.

Due to pick mine up on Monday as well, fingers crossed no delays, in my case the Ateca.

#80193 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

I have never heard of that before but I suppose they need time to register and tax it.

However our dealer said that (assuming delivery is on time) we cannot collect our new car until the day AFTER our current lease finishes, which doesn’t make any sense to me as the insurance will run out on our current car at midnight and we’d have to drive to the dealer with no insurance or get an extension for less than a day.

I’m sure all previous changeovers have been on the expiry day.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 11 hours ago by  WardyGTC.
    #80270 Reply

Alfie Boy

WardyGTC I’m picking mine up this Saturday the 22nd & it’s the same day my old lease expires.

Always swapped over on end of lease day

#80296 Reply

T.J
    Participant

Some very nice looking cars and great to see some of them actually arriving at the dealerships.Β  Ours (fingers crossed) should be in production as it was allocated a build week starting 17th June, our sales rep is away until the first week of July though so a little in the dark at the moment but they seem confident that all will go to plan.

#80323 Reply

JamieT

Its typical tho i only get to drive my car for a day before i go on holiday!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Viewing 23 replies - 51 through 73 (of 73 total)
Reply To: SEAT use of the 2.0 TSi discontinued?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: