SEAT use of the 2.0 TSi discontinued?

This topic contains 124 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Avatar WardyGTC 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #75415 Reply
    WardyGTC
    Participant

Just noticed this morning that the 2.0 TSi engine option has been removed from the SEAT car configuration tool for all models that previously had it as an option.

I’m not too surprised to see this as the move seems to be towards smaller turbo engines but I am a bit gutted as I was hoping to get one ordered before it disappeared.

It looks like it’s being replaced by the 2.0 TDi which wasn’t an option on the Leon before today and has only recently been added for the Ateca.

I expect Motability will be updated in due course.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #77088 Reply
    JamieT

I ment july^

#77090 Reply
    T.J
    Participant

Alfie, that’s a bit of good news – ours was ordered about 5 days later so hopefully it will be part of the same production run.

The car is for the Mrs but she can no longer drive so instead I get a “wish list” of things she’d like as a passenger, I pick a car that we’re both happy with and she then decides on one of the most most important parts to her, the colour lol.

She’s fallen in love with Boheme Purple but both the Mystery Blue and Magnetic Grey are neat colours, personally I really like the grey but at the end of the day the colour is her call and I cant see much of it sat in the drivers seat anyway 😉

**EDIT**

Jamie, the sunroof looks like a nice thing to have but a few to many pennies for us – just out of curiosity though and if you don’t mind me asking was there any wiggle room on the price or just a case of “take or leave it”?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Avatar T.J.
    #77098 Reply
    JamieT

<p style=”text-align: center;”>No wriggle room on price, think you only get that from only a few manufactures and also depends on the model run,like when i can the bmw for just 1 month before lost it to pip appeal, after putting £3000 of extras into it ?, but i got %20 discount so basicly no vat on that which motability had worked out with bmw, and i just had to after having one in the merc i had for a year after coming off the sheme. Makes summer days so much more enjoyable! Even on motorway drives! My last car</p>

#77227 Reply
    Alfie Boy

TJ, Boheme Purple did nothing for me on the website but then saw one at the dealers & it looked gorgeos, it’s just too dark for me to keep clean. I currently have an  Astra Sports Tourer Elite that is black & it always looks dirty 1 day after polishing so I’m cheating this time with a colour that hides the dirt ?

#77230 Reply
    Magnum Mike
    Participant

I like Magnums....

#77231 Reply
    Magnum Mike
    Participant

Silver looks best imho

I like Magnums....

#77233 Reply
    Philjb

silver does look good as it has shows off the shapes off the bodywork so well.

Buy saying that the only silver car I ever owned was a ford money 2.0 l. The worst car I’ve ever owned. ( no power steering, self wind, front and rear windows.) horrid car.

Plus it does look so much nicer not being an suv.

If only I could get in and out and store all my disability equipment and the dog and 5 adults. ??

cool looking cat though hope fully you get the engine choice you want.

#77512 Reply
    T.J
    Participant

Jamie, love the Merc 🙂  Alfie, we also have an Astra ST Elite but ours in “Emerald Green”, in the shade it looks almost black but when the suns out its a really deep metal flake green, looks awesome when clean but shows every single spec of dirt.

The Mrs has a habit of picking hard to keep clean metallic colours, so far we’ve had one very dark greyish blue,  black, charcoal black, the above mentioned green and soon to be dark purple – can tell she isn’t the one that has to clean them….

Getting back on topic still no news on a build week 🙁  Really looking forward to driving the 2.0 TSi though, the Astra is a 1.4 turbo with 150PS but feels rather “flat” at times, don’t me wrong it can get up and go when asked but suspect a bit more torque would make it feel more responsive in everyday driving.

#77630 Reply
    JamieT

Update on my car, soo popped into the showroom today just to see how my cars getting along and it appears it will be here sooner than originally predicted! Mid june it should be here so 2/3week!

#77822 Reply
    T.J
    Participant

JamieT, result 🙂  We’ve just had an update and the build week for ours is mid June with estimated delivery by the end of July – wonder if they are both being built around the same time and just a case of the dealers interpreting the dates differently?

#78097 Reply
    Alfie Boy

Hi Guys, latest update for me is that SEAT have now confirmed to the dealer that my car will not be built at it’s scheduled date & they will not be adding new build dates for the 2.0 TSI…. charming!

My dealer is frantically trying to source me a vehicle from stock  , he offered me a 2.0 TSI FR Sport but it means losing things like adaptive cruise, KESSY , reverse camera & the Driving Assistance pack to name a few.

Will let you know what he comes up with in time

#78098 Reply
    T.J
    Participant

Alfie, charming indeed…  Really gutted to hear that 🙁  Did the dealer give indications as to why the build slot has been cancelled?

Getting a bit worried that ours may now suffer a similar fate, looking back through the thread we ordered after you but the dealer contacted us only a day or so ago with a confirmed build week so wonder why yours has been cancelled with ours only just confirmed.

#78101 Reply
    WardyGTC
    Participant

Much as I feared Alfie. I’m surprised they offered you an FR Sport as an alternative as that model isn’t on the scheme anymore.

Two weeks until we order and it’s most likely we will go for the 2.0TDi Xcellence Lux although we would have preferred an FR Sport and can no longer get our first or second colour choice.

#78201 Reply
    JamieT

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Im really gutted for all of you having problems and not being able to get your first choices :(, and Alfie most of that can actually be added on at dealerships as all the technically i believe is already in the car just needs to be updated on the computer so the salesmen was saying to me as theres a few options you can add to the fr sport trim ill upload a photo of what you can add when i find it</p>

#78385 Reply
    Alfie Boy

Well the good news is my dealer has located a 2.0L TSI Excellence Lux 5 door hatch in Urban Silver. Initially I wanted the ST version but I’m happy with the hatchback & does look good in silver . the vehicle is already in the country & should be at the dealers within a couple of weeks (just before the lease on my Astra ends).

T.J our build date was confirmed as w/c 20th May but the dealer was told, after that week that the factory could not complete the order. Fingers crossed for you that this was just an isolated incident & that yours is still as scheduled?

WardyGTC my dealer said even though a vehicle has come of the list & there are still stocks available it can be ordered on the scheme, might be because I had a current failed order.

#78391 Reply
    Magnum Mike
    Participant

That’s great news I told you silver looks fab

I like Magnums....

#78400 Reply
    T.J
    Participant

All well that ends well I guess Alfie – not an ST but on the plus side its already built so short of the sky caving in you’re sure to get it 🙂

Will be crossing everything….  If we can’t get an ST then its give up and try again as the we the need larger boot for the Mrs’ wheelchair, like you said hopefully its a one off and ours will get built as planned.

#78411 Reply
    Alfie Boy

T.J Touch wood your order is OK but if there is any problem ask your dealer to negotiate the AP on other engine options for the ST. Mine was prepared to do quite a good deal on the 1.5 TSI EVO 150 if he couldn’t source the 2.0.

Mike11 you were right ?

#78412 Reply
    WardyGTC
    Participant

At least we’re all getting sorted one way or another. I just think it’s a bit off that we’re the ones having to compromise on what we wanted to suit the manufacturer. I feel for the dealers too, they must be taking a lot of flack for all this chopping and changing. Seems to be a SEAT thing, I’ve not heard of any other manufacturer who can’t seem to decide what they do and don’t make.

#78413 Reply
    Alfie Boy

Exactly WardyGTC, I  waited  2 months to get told my order wasn’t going to be completed. That is 2 months wasted & if I then wanted to go to another manufacture it would only leave me with the stock cars avenue, compromising on colours or specs.

Bad show by SEAT & like you said, left my dealer looking unprofessional  for something out of his control.

#78464 Reply
    T.J
    Participant

Alfie, agree it is rather poor for SEAT to just drop orders like that – either build the car or don’t accept the order / provide build dates lol.

If the dealer hadn’t been able to find a suitable replacement, Motability would have extended your current lease without affecting good condition bonus etc and you may have had the “bonus” of being able to order from the 3rd quarters selection instead of just the 2nd.  Still a pain expecting one thing and being let down at the last minute though.

#78778 Reply
    JamieT

After hearing about Alfies situation i went into seat today to chase up the situation with mine, to their suprise and mine, my car has been built and is currently waiting for the ship to arrive for it to be put on, should hit the uk ports on the 10th and have they keys in my hand on the week of tbe 17th of this month!

#78782 Reply
    WardyGTC
    Participant

Good news Jamie, pleased for you.

We’ve made an appointment for next Wed’s to go and order ours. Subject to no major changes elsewhere on the scheme we’re going for the SEAT Leon ST Xcellence Lux 2.0TDi DSG in Mystery Blue. £299 AP with a £250 dealer discount that I posted on the deals thread, so just £49 to pay.

Compromises have had to be made but in all honesty I don’t think there is a single car on the scheme that I could say doesn’t involve some level of compromise. I feel much better accepting a compromise when it’s costing so little, if I was forking out £2-3k on a car that I may well like more but was still making compromises for I’d be a bitter little bunny!

#78798 Reply
    JamieT

wardy thats a good deal my friend and your correct we have to meet them half way on alot or stuff,as long as we remember that were lucky to have such a service in the first place it makes it much easier to compromise ?.

#78800 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

I went to a couple of Seat dealerships with my friend on Saturday to check out the Ateca

She isn’t on the scheme and can get a great deal on a lease through her work but wanted to see them in the flesh, test drive etc

We both really preferred the look of the Fr Sport due to the body coloured bumpers etc, the dark plastic trim ruins the overall appeal of the Excellence and Excellence Lux and looks a bit cheap

We were both left scratching our head when told she couldn’t order it with a reverse camera? Checked out with Seat and they confirmed it’s just not offered which is crazy to me, seeing its part of the VW  group and you can usually add most things to a factory ordered car, more money going to Seat at the end of the day

But no, not possible

So that left the Excellence and Excellence Lux, again we both agreed the Excellence Lux was more appealing, more kit, reverse camera etc but again were left scratching our heads that you couldn’t order it with body coloured bumpers, bottom trim etc, crazy!

Then to top it off you can only order certain specs in very limited colours, ie Black isn’t available any longer in the Fr Sport

I’ve never looked at a Seat before and I think the Ateca is a nice looking car but for me Seat have made a school boy error with their rigid policy on what a customer can and can’t add to a car and wants to pay extra for it

It’s not like she was after a custom pink leopard print paint job, a reverse camera is pretty standard these days

On another note, none of the dealerships had any automatic cars in any model, spec or trim as demonstrators, 3 Arnold Clark VW dealerships were the exact same

Crazy, think of the missed orders slipping through their fingers

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 124 total)
Reply To: SEAT use of the 2.0 TSi discontinued?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: