SEAT use of the 2.0 TSi discontinued?

This topic contains 73 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  JamieT 4 days, 10 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #75415 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

Just noticed this morning that the 2.0 TSi engine option has been removed from the SEAT car configuration tool for all models that previously had it as an option.

I’m not too surprised to see this as the move seems to be towards smaller turbo engines but I am a bit gutted as I was hoping to get one ordered before it disappeared.

It looks like it’s being replaced by the 2.0 TDi which wasn’t an option on the Leon before today and has only recently been added for the Ateca.

I expect Motability will be updated in due course.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #75452 Reply

Philjb

They obviously couldn’t get the new engine to run as they’d liked.

Were as the 2.0 tdi has been around for years.

#75464 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

They probably want you to buy the wonderful 1.5tsi?

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#76012 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

The VW dealer that did my test drive yesterday told me that they can’t get the 2.0TSi either. Apparently hardly anyone ever wants to order it and the one order he has had for it has been waiting for almost a year now.

SEAT’s Motability price list has still not been updated and neither has Motability’s website and ironically the Motability magazine arrived today with a full page advert for (you guessed it) The SEAT Leon ST 2.0TSi.

I also noticed today that Orange Eclipse has been removed from all colour options for the Leon & Ateca, still available for the Arona but that’s too small for me.

If this carries on we’ll all be in little blue Invacars again!

#76022 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

It is quite possible VW may be phasing this engine out on favour of a 1.5 Hybrid?

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#76024 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

Quite possibly Oscar but I would have expected it to be a bit more orderly, advertising cars they’re never going to make?

The whole reason I wanted to get one myself was because I thought it will probably be the last chance I’ll have to get a reasonably powerful petrol engine in a mainstream, sensible budget car.

#76243 Reply

JamieT

I believe its just because of the mk4 leon coming out next year and the fact that it wasnt a popular sale engine, its a strong engine tho that has been used for some time in other vag group cars like the polo gti and its also a de-tuned cupra engine with a smaller turbo. Iwas lucky enough to get my order in before it was removed.

#76244 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

You’ll have to keep us updated Jamie, SEAT told me they aren’t using it anymore and VW have customers waiting ridiculous times for it.

It’s obvious they’re phasing the engine out as a 2.0l petrol doesn’t fit with the direction of the motor industry as a whole. I hope you get your order fulfilled but I might be a teeny bit jealous if you do lol.

#76263 Reply

JamieT

wardygtc last time i checked in they said so far it should all be good for beginning of july delivery date so fingers crossed no set backs :), and will do 😉

#76317 Reply

ChrisT

Just ordered the st fr today. went to the dealership this morning to have a look at one. they didn’t have one. then they rang me this afternoon to confirm they found one in my preferred colour at the port ready to be shipped and I can collect it in 10-14 days. he did say I was rather lucky as there isn’t any others at all available anywhere.

#76318 Reply

ChrisT

^^  that’s the Leon ST FR 2.0 tsi by the way!   ^^

#76330 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

Lucky you Chris, I’m not due to change until September so “in stock” is no good for me.

What was your preferred colour?

#76506 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

So they have today replaced the 2.0TSi with the 2.0TDi but there’s no FR Sport option (bummer) and the Xcellence Lux has gone from £0 AP to £299 AP.

#76517 Reply

T.J
    Participant

Been following this thread with interest, we placed an order for a Leon ST with the 2.0TSI around five weeks ago which went through as a factory order due to none in group stock.

The sales advisor is away until next week so still waiting on a firm delivery date, estimate was 8-10 weeks though – last time we spoke the factory had accepted the order and as this was done before the 2.0TSI was dropped there shouldn’t be any issues.

Fingers crossed next week brings good news 🙂

#76537 Reply

JamieT

T.J sounds like your be around same delivery date as me roughly. Mine should be ready to pick up first weel of July, which is perfect timing as i come back from holiday beginning of july! Fingers crossed for us both on deliverys being on time 🙂

#76922 Reply

Alfie Boy

That’s 3 of us in the same boat, my 2.0 Tsi is due end of June/first week July.

Hopefully we don’t have to wait any longer for them to source the engines.

#76926 Reply

Alfie Boy

^^ Mine’s a Leon ST Excellence Lux btw^^

#76931 Reply

T.J
    Participant

Alfie, same car as ours then, lots of toys 🙂   Not long spoke to the dealership, still no build week as yet but they have checked and the computer says “maybe soon” lol – hopefully enough of us have ordered them to make it worth the factory’s time to shuffle the production run around.  I’ve also noticed that the 2.o TSi is the only model apart from the Cupra to get independent rear suspension, would guess that in terms of build slots that also delays things a bit as it must(?) require a different configuration for part of the production process.

#76965 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

Just noticed they have removed ALL FR Sport models from the scheme along with more colour choices being deleted from their configurator. I wish they’d make their minds up!

#76986 Reply

JamieT

WardyGTC im guessing there using up current bodys already built and sprayed and just finishing off interior etc after maybe? Seeing as the next mk4 leon isnt that far away! Think us that got our orders in are super lucky!! Fingers crossed all goes well! In theory most of us should have our new cars in 6/8 weeks time 🙂

#76987 Reply

Magnum Mike
    Participant

Yes the gorgeous MK4 Leon isn’t far away this year and includes hybrid thank goodness

I like Magnums....

#76995 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

I didn’t know there was a new model due, also explains why they’re being so competitive atm.

#77076 Reply

T.J
    Participant

The mk4 doesn’t look dramatically different from the current one although the interior / tech is bound to have changed quite a bit.

To be honest I’m more than happy with the looks / equipment on the mk3 – not in a position to be paying a large AP, so would rather have a top spec current model for £0 than wait and risk even a base model mk4 being beyond budget.

Just crossing fingers still for some good news on the build week and delivery dates…

#77077 Reply

Magnum Mike
    Participant

TJ I agree the MK3 does look lovely and for nil AP a bargain

I like Magnums....

#77080 Reply

Alfie Boy

T.J, popped into my dealer yesterday & he said mine is due to be built next week so he estimates deliver in around 6 weeks. I ordered mine on the 3rd April & was quoted 12 weeks delivery so looks like still on track 🤞 btw what colour did you go for…. I was torn between Mystery Blue & Magnetic Grey but went for the Grey in the end

#77085 Reply

JamieT

Put mine in on the 1st of april and been told should be at the showroom first week of june fingers crossed,, went for mystery blue myself with addition of the sunroof 😊

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 73 total)
Reply To: SEAT use of the 2.0 TSi discontinued?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: