Seat TARACCO Collected yesterday – any questions ?

This topic contains 48 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Markymate 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #85647 Reply
    whiteswan
    Participant

Hi

Picked up my Seat Taracco yesterday / 2.0 diesel xcellence model.

First impressions are good – load space with rear seats down is good (huge actually)

Driving Position is high – may be worth trying this if you think you will struggle getting in and out.

The tech upfront in cabin is good as well – my Pixel 3 phone has android auto which works faultlessly with the system in taracco – it’s so convenient to have text messages read to you by the car whilst driving and being able to text back with your voice is just brilliant !

The inbuilt sat nav is good – particularly like the option to have it in front of you whilst driving on the digital dashboard – it’s displayed in between the revs and the speedometer – you can choose what you want in the digital dash – sat nav only / phone / car info /radio etc etc – lots of options.

Electric windows – folding wing mirrors on locking / keyless entry and start (as long as you have the keys in your pocket you can open door and start car without them.

Chilled glove box / tables for the back seat passengers like on an airplane in front of you – these can be straight like a normal table to eat off etc – or angled to hold a tablet etc ! Nice touch.

LOADS of leg room behind drivers seat – this was a huge problem in my last car – and lots of head room as well !

Only had it a day – gone around 20 miles and it’s showing 28mpg – so maybe not the best car for fuel – full tank cost £60 to fill up at Costco as the dealer only put £10 in it.

Mines black – been told already it looks like a drug dealers car as the tint on the rear windows is quite deep – not really the impression I wanted to give to people.

Advance Payment was £2200 with £250 off at Pentagon – so just under £2000.

Amy questions ask away.

Viewing 23 replies - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #86004 Reply
    SaintsMan

I don’t understand why VAG class this as a safety issue. I’ve got key fob closing on my BMW, when the boot is open I lose camera function. I recently drove an XC40 which also had key fob closing, the camera  worked the whole time the boot was opening which seemed odd watching the sky through the camera.

#86011 Reply
    philjb

I think we all suspect more dealer BS to try and cover their Rs.

#86016 Reply
    Markymate
    Participant

I have to agree with Phil. It can’t be a VAG safety measure as I can open and close the boot on my Kodiaq with the door button, and the key fob.

Dealer B******T

#86023 Reply
    Smoo
    Participant

Even my dealer says its weird that the standard VW tiguan comes with the close button on key fob! It’s only the bigger cars that dont!!

#86033 Reply
    Bandit
    Participant

Whilst I can, potentially, see the camera shutdown whilst the boot lid is open as a valid safety point (there are people out there who, glancing at the screen, upon seeing no actual obstacles immediately behind them would then just reverse) I cannot see any justifications for disabling remote closing of the boot lid on seven seat versions. I’m guessing the rationale is kids in the back seats might have their arms stuck in the way or something. But in forward facing seats, really? And besides, don’t the lids themselves have anticlose sensors or similar, like windows do?

On the Kuga you just press the fob button twice to open and twice again to close. Biggest annoyance I get is when I quickly press the dash button when I pull up by whoever I’m picking up and it doesn’t work, because I haven’t put it in P !! Grrr.

#86048 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

My camera shows the sky when in reverse and the boot lod is open, I can’t say I would then think it was ok to reverse as there well may be no obstacles but there would also not be a road to reverse down either, only a complete idiot who shouldn’t even be driving would look at the sky and think it was a road.

#86058 Reply
    Colin
    Participant

I have pretty much decided on the Allspace myself, but I’m curious about your comment about it not being as well-specced as the Seat. I freely admit I haven’t looked at the two in-depth side-by-side but other than the full digital cockpit display, is there anything else I’m missing? How is the Seat better-specced than the Allspace?

#86059 Reply
    philjb

It’s likely down to “oh yeah I forgot to configure that”. “Oh well”

still no excuse for salesmen not to know about it.

The salesman who sold me my car knew the car backwards. Went through the motability check list showing me every feature before asking if i was happy to enter the code.

I really can’t see the dealers themselves change code as it could invalid warranties etc as they would have to log the change to the car.

Also it then opens the floodgates to undo what Vag say is a safety feature?

So they will eventually more then likely realise they can’t provide the car they said they could and it’s time to look at a different spec car or start looking all over again.

#86065 Reply
    Dave

The full digital dash did it for me – I can have the sat nav on a screen right in front of the steering wheel which frees up the main screen for radio / android auto etc.

The styling on the tarraco is much nicer in my humble opinion.

Taracco is longer – therefore more load space with seats down taracco has more available space than the tiguan – approx 80 litres more.

I suppose it’s personal preference – but the Taracco just feels like “latest tech” – Tiguan felt like “last years model” – hope that makes sense.

A week in now – all short journeys and its showing as 32mpg.

#86068 Reply
    philjb

The Tarraco uses all vw tech, that was in the mk2 Tiguan since it was released.

I think it just depends what spec Tiguan you compare it to, now most manufacturers have their own version.

As far as I know there’s nothing new on the seat that hasn’t already been on the vw for a few years?

Im the same I love the digital dash but I prefer the massage seats,,l

Our old 2014 Audi virtual cockpit had a better screen with more colour and functions. So this version feels old now.

If seat had to creat their own brand new tech it wouldn’t be competitive on price.

#86077 Reply
    whiteswan
    Participant

The Tarraco uses all vw tech, that was in the mk2 Tiguan since it was released. I think it just depends what spec Tiguan you compare it to, now most manufacturers have their own version. As far as I know there’s nothing new on the seat that hasn’t already been on the vw for a few years? Im the same I love the digital dash but I prefer the massage seats,,l Our old 2014 Audi virtual cockpit had a better screen with more colour and functions. So this version feels old now. If seat had to creat their own brand new tech it wouldn’t be competitive on price.

The Tiguan I drove felt “old” – it didn’t have a digital dash – I suppose it didn’t help coming from a Mercedes c200 estate that had everything – but was complicated to use – the Taracco felt comparable to the Mercedes – with a little bit more.

Love the fact you can store the privacy cover for the estate part at the back underneath the boot floor – the amount of times I had forgotten the load cover on the merc and had to go back for it !

#86082 Reply
    Philjb

You drove a bottom spec vw they’ve had the digital dash since 2017 at least.

But as I said vag saved the best version for Audi, then a few years later put a lesser one in the vw and then eventually vw passed it on to seat and Skoda.

Im so used to the dash now it feels odd driving my sons brand new Mini Cooper s with just the trip computer.

Seat have come on a long way in recent years. They used to be really basic cars.

Ive not driven a Mercedes for years I do like the newest interior design but yes it looks like it would take ages to get used to the functions

#86108 Reply
    whiteswan
    Participant

You drove a bottom spec vw they’ve had the digital dash since 2017 at least. But as I said vag saved the best version for Audi, then a few years later put a lesser one in the vw and then eventually vw passed it on to seat and Skoda. Im so used to the dash now it feels odd driving my sons brand new Mini Cooper s with just the trip computer. Seat have come on a long way in recent years. They used to be really basic cars. Ive not driven a Mercedes for years I do like the newest interior design but yes it looks like it would take ages to get used to the functions

Its interesting what you say about the Tiguan as the salesman assured me it was the “top spec” of the Motability Options – this was May 2019  – to be fair he did seem dis-interested.

He stated the “wait time” was at least 5 months for the Tiguan which was another deciding factor

#86144 Reply
    Philjb

I Don’t know of any vw top spec car with normal dials.

Maybe the UP city car? Salesmen seem to know nothing about the cars they sell these days?

Like wether the tailgate opens and closes by remote or actual wait times, we were told 2 months it would have been more like 9 months at the time.

I despair at the BS some come out with.

We waited 3 weeks in the end for ours as I was in hospital for two weeks. lol. Mind you ours was a cancelled order and a real bargain with £600 discount plus quite a few extras paid for by the folks who cancelled.

#86201 Reply
    whiteswan
    Participant

The silence from my dealer is “deafening” with regards to the electric closing boot. It was top of my list of wants at ordering.

I will call them tomorrow morning.

The car itself has been awesome to be honest – would be a shame if I had to start looking all over again just because if this – and the thing is (apart from my lexus rx450 I had 5 years ago) – would I even find a vehicle of similar size that offered the electric boot ?

#86206 Reply
    Smoo
    Participant

Hi whiteswan.

In same position as you with the allspace, my dealer says he’s ordered me a new one with the key fob boot close option, building this week! can’t say I’m 100% convinced, but they’ve told me its sorted, so have to  be patient and trust they’ve got it right this time!

I was hunting around at similar size cars to with key fob open and close last week, thinking they couldn’t source an allspace. I prefer the SUV styles and to be honest, it’s not as easy to find something that has such a big boot moving away from the VAG cars.

the Mitsubishi outlander has stood out. It has bit bigger boot, not much difference in car length, but its taller, and has an open close boot on the key fob. It’s not as top with all the driving specs you have on your tarraco, but if like me you need the bigger boot and opening and closing on key, it fits that. You can get heated leather seats and steering wheel and it does have 360 cameras etc in certain spec models. They do a 2.0 engine now as well as PHEV in the new models.

The Peugeot 5008 again similar to ours,  with bigger boot, but the open close boot only comes in top spec models. Think there is a long wait for them though. I don’t like them because the front cockpit is styled with lots of ‘sticking out’ edges and feels a lot more closed in than our current cars and limits leg room in the front.. I also constantly bashed my elbow on the rather highly sitting middle bit (where the gear lever is and central storage compartment) so many times trying it, but perhaps that’s just me. Some levels come full of tech if you like that sort of thing, and all the seats move individually so it’s quite adaptable.

C5 aircross, have a narrow and shallow boot opening . It has a boot floor you can lower to gain height once past the opening but when you lower the floor you are left with a ‘runner’ at the back of the rear seats that doesn’t move so you cant gain anymore boot length moving the seats…but maybe if you dont need a tall boot so dont need to lower the floor it could work.

I agree such, such nice cars, such a shame they decided no boot close on the key fob. Apparently the standard tiguan comes with that, but they are smaller. The Mazda CX5 has key fob boot operation, but it’s a lot shorter.

#86255 Reply
    whiteswan
    Participant

Hi whiteswan. In same position as you with the allspace, my dealer says he’s ordered me a new one with the key fob boot close option, building this week! can’t say I’m 100% convinced, but they’ve told me its sorted, so have to be patient and trust they’ve got it right this time! I was hunting around at similar size cars to with key fob open and close last week, thinking they couldn’t source an allspace. I prefer the SUV styles and to be honest, it’s not as easy to find something that has such a big boot moving away from the VAG cars. the Mitsubishi outlander has stood out. It has bit bigger boot, not much difference in car length, but its taller, and has an open close boot on the key fob. It’s not as top with all the driving specs you have on your tarraco, but if like me you need the bigger boot and opening and closing on key, it fits that. You can get heated leather seats and steering wheel and it does have 360 cameras etc in certain spec models. They do a 2.0 engine now as well as PHEV in the new models. The Peugeot 5008 again similar to ours, with bigger boot, but the open close boot only comes in top spec models. Think there is a long wait for them though. I don’t like them because the front cockpit is styled with lots of ‘sticking out’ edges and feels a lot more closed in than our current cars and limits leg room in the front.. I also constantly bashed my elbow on the rather highly sitting middle bit (where the gear lever is and central storage compartment) so many times trying it, but perhaps that’s just me. Some levels come full of tech if you like that sort of thing, and all the seats move individually so it’s quite adaptable. C5 aircross, have a narrow and shallow boot opening . It has a boot floor you can lower to gain height once past the opening but when you lower the floor you are left with a ‘runner’ at the back of the rear seats that doesn’t move so you cant gain anymore boot length moving the seats…but maybe if you dont need a tall boot so dont need to lower the floor it could work. I agree such, such nice cars, such a shame they decided no boot close on the key fob. Apparently the standard tiguan comes with that, but they are smaller. The Mazda CX5 has key fob boot operation, but it’s a lot shorter.

I feel your pain !

#86256 Reply
    whiteswan
    Participant

Just on phone to Motability………they say I should NOT have entered my PIN if it didn’t match the spec that I was told originally.

I explained that at point of pick up I asked this exact question and was told he would mark it on the handover sheet. Indeed he DID mark it on the paperwork.

They are going to try and resolve it for me ………………….. #holdsbreath

#86260 Reply
    Markymate
    Participant

Smoo, I’ve just ask on the Kodiaq forum if their key fobs open and close the boot on the new models and all confirm they do, as does mine.  So you wouldn’t have to leave the VAG group. Plus its got a bigger boot than both the Tiquan Allspace and the Seat Tarraco.

#86262 Reply
    Smoo
    Participant

Ooh thanks markymate, that’s fantastic news.  Really, really, really appreciate it. And it’s got a bigger boot….awesome.  I’ve just been and downloaded the brochure… Looks a perfect fit, and a nice, nice car. I just presumed all VAG cars would have same problem.

Very kind of you, big big help.

#86266 Reply
    Carmad

Of it can be programmed on SEAT, Skoda, etc. it can be done VW.  OBD11 will be able to spend as far as I’m aware Carista App will do so too.  So no need to change cars ☺

#86385 Reply
    whiteswan
    Participant

UPDATE – The dealership have assured me it will be sorted 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by Avatar whiteswan.
    #86410 Reply
    Markymate
    Participant

My pleasure Smoo.  I’ve had my Kodiaq for 18 months now, so if you have any questions about the car then just ask.

Viewing 23 replies - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
Reply To: Seat TARACCO Collected yesterday – any questions ?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: