SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition emerges with £29k price tag

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Karl 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #103172 Reply

Brydo

Article

The new SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition gets an upgraded kit list and black styling additions
    SEAT has added a new special edition to its Ateca SUV lineup in the form of the Ateca FR Black Edition.

The Black Edition adds gloss black door mirrors, window and grille surrounds and roof rails alongside new 19” black alloy wheels and a black leather interior.

• Best SUVs to buy

Based on the FR Sport, the Black Edition is available in four colours and comes with a digital cockpit which includes a 10” screen and SEAT’s Full Link software that allows for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity. All Black Edition cars also feature SEAT’s Winter Pack, which gives customers heated seats and heated washers for the headlights.

The FR Black Edition is available with four engine options starting with the 1.5-litre TSI Evo petrol, which makes 148bhp, and extending up to the range-topping 2.0-litre TSI with the DSG automatic gearbox and the 4Drive all-wheel-drive system which delivers 187bhp. 148bhp and 187bhp versions of the Ateca’s 2.0-litre TDI diesel complete the line-up.

Prices for the Black Edition range open at £28,845 and you’ll pay £35,180 for the top-spec model.

The Black Edition arrives ahead of a new facelifted Ateca that’s due to launch later this year. Our spy shots show the new camouflaged SUV will probably receive minor styling tweaks to its front bumper, headlights and grille along with new alloy wheels and customisation options.

SEAT could give the new Ford Kuga rival the same plug-in hybrid powertrain found in the Volkswagen Passat GTE which would combine a turbocharged 1.4-litre four-cylinder petrol engine with an 8.7kWh battery giving the SEAT PHEV 201bhp and 350Nm of torque with an electric range of approximately 20 miles.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #103535 Reply

Karl

i was at seat yesterday ordering my next vehicle..they had a cupra ateca for £32000…i salivated the whole time there but it wasn’t to be

#103536 Reply

Winston

Unlucky Karl 🤣 we can only dream eh 👍🏻

#103539 Reply

Brydo

It would be great to hear about other good cars out there. We are talking a lot about the Tiguan and xc40 (both on my list) so it would be good to spread our metaphorical car wings.

I know next to nothing about the Ateca but I know others are very keen on it.

#103542 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Go to seat dealer Brydo sit down with a coffee and hob nob or a tunnocks tea cake ?

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#103553 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

I love a tunnocks tea cake mike.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#103555 Reply

Winston

I’ll second that! Very tasty 😋

#103556 Reply

Vinnie
    Participant

I’m going back to the Ateca as I’m not sure about the fuel consumption on the XC40, so it’s top now and XC40 second.

#103571 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Looking at honest John real mpg the Ateca doesn’t look as economical as the Tiguan but yes better than the Volvo

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#103698 Reply

Karl

i’ve had my ateca 1.4 dsg nearly 3 years..it’s done 22k miles including 3 trips to benidorm and back,,i find it comfortable ,quite quick and super reliable hasn’t let me down once…mpg i have found my last trip from london to yorkshire i got 38.9 although i have seen that hit 42 before just depending on how fast really..between 60 and 70 it’s much more likely to switch 2 cylinders off and that helps economy..foreign motorways at 90+ it averaged around 33/34 ..my usual commute is 6 miles that is done early morning with no traffic so foot down and then rush hour home so stop start and it gets 32/33..i could get more if i had the engine stop start turned on but i don’t…my only small gripe would be the 50 litre fuel tank so small range my last car had a 90 litre tank.. i would get another but have decided to get a tarraco diesel instead 🙂

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition emerges with £29k price tag

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: