Seat Ateca. First year service.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #128547 Reply
    Wazza
    Participant

Got my Seat Ateca 1.6D last December. Got an email stating is due for a service. I thought VW group cars get serviced every 2 years. Has anyone had their 1st service? What is involved and how long it takes?

Plan to ring the dealership tomorrow but like to know info beforehand.

Thanks

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #128549 Reply
    Carmad
    Participant

Generic email sent out I think.  I can confirm that when you mention that it’s Motability you’ll have the “special” 2 year engine oil in your Ateca.

#128550 Reply
    Wazza
    Participant

Thanks. Will ring them up tomorrow and find out

#128565 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Probally best to call and make sure as i did have a 1.6tdi golf and well before the 1st year was up i did 10k miles and at that point they put it on a 2 year or 20k miles service. I don’t think it comes from the factory with a 20k service or 2 years from the vw group. plus from then everything on the app was out of sync but the dealer knew, usually they contact you or it could say in the service manual if it came with one my golf did.

#129111 Reply
    Wazza
    Participant

Update. Rang motabilty. They said unless a service required warning appears on the car display it is 2 years for motabilty cars. They have a long life engine oil. This was backed up by Seat dealers.

#129122 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Update. Rang motabilty. They said unless a service required warning appears on the car display it is 2 years for motabilty cars. They have a long life engine oil. This was backed up by Seat dealers.

That answer probably came off the Motability crib sheets of FAQ. 😁

The cars on board computer for servicing is set by the dealer, or should be set, before you collect the car from new but I will defer.

On the 3 VAG cars and indeed with my current KIA car, the computer was not set up at all and with my 2 VW Golf’s at the first year was rang by the dealer to go in and have them serviced but after making the journey for them to do the service they said Motability would not authorise the service so two wasted journeys because the dealer could not be bothered to check before ringing me.

That said they did reset the cars computer to give the correct service interval but only because I’d complained about having a warning bell every time I turn on the cars ignition.

Much was the same with my Seat Leon and after double checking with them before making a journey they insisted the car was service every year but I think it wasn’t and I just sat in the showroom for and hour and a half just to save their faces.

With the current KIA car I was told without no messing the car would be serviced at year one and the service record book was stamped unlike the 3 VAG cars but again the cars computer was not set up until I set it up a couple of days after collecting the car. This car had it’s second year service 3 weeks ago and the cars on board computer still was not reset for the next year service though of course being 3 years old next year they won’t service it anyway but at least the car reminds the MOT is due in 336 days after setting the computer myself.

So two things here is, one, you can’t rely on the dealer to get it right and two, you can’t rely on the cars computer, I could say you can’t rely on Motability either but to be fair its not really their call and the dealer should get it right, right from the start by correctly programming the on board computer.

It just seems to me like the dealers are hoping to make an extra bit of money that’s not due but then why do they do that if they can’t get the authorisation from Motability.🤷‍♂️

#129126 Reply
    rox
    Participant

It also depends on the mileage whichever is reached first. 20k or 2 years.

#129138 Reply
    Wazza
    Participant

Thanks for the info.

In my case my cars barely do 20k in three years never mind in a year lol.

All previous cars were non-VAG cars and were serviced every year.

The dealer did say if service light or ad-blue light comes up then book an appointment.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Seat Ateca. First year service.
Your information: