Scottish energy firm gains £2.2m investment for urban charging

• Creator
    Topic
  • #162258 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #162288 Reply
    Jacippit

Hmmmm anyone want to try getting that out of the car and into the port whilst sat in a wheelchair? Looks heavy and cumbersome…..

#162289 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

Flat and Flush… It rises out of the pavement

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#162290 Reply
    Jacippit

No it doesn’t rise out the pavement, check the video on the Trojan Energy website. You lock the charger onto the stud that is flush with the pavement.

#162292 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

No it doesn’t rise out the pavement, check the video on the Trojan Energy website. You lock the charger onto the stud that is flush with the pavement.

Apologies, looks like a shit idea…  Would make sense if they were able to rise from the pavement, but I wouldn’t want to lug that around!

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#162298 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

#162299 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Looks like an excellent idea to me.

#162301 Reply
    Jacippit
    Participant

A terrible idea for disabled drivers especially wheelchair users. Imagine going to all the effort of exiting your vehicle especially if unloading a wheelchair etc, sorting out plugging in the charger only to find it doesn’t work. Then having to reverse that process. That’s a lot of effort.

#162305 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Jacippit definitely a problem for wheelchair users but for the millions of people who could use it, it’s a great idea. Trying to encourage those with no driveway or off street charging to go electric is a massive obstacle. This could be a possible solution for many.

#162309 Reply
    Jacippit

Brydo, you make a good point, BUT it also perpetuates the issue of EV charging networks not being accessible to disabled EV drivers. Have a look at most public EV charging points and you will find a lack of extra space, charging plugs too high to reach, high screens, accessibility issues (kerbs etc) and so many issues. My point is that any new public charging initiative should be accessible to all drivers.

#162311 Reply
    Sue

It looks like a good idea in theory and could be an answer to the no off street parking issue, however, I worry about the weight and the ease of the lance thing, especially for someone who finds bending a little, er, challenging….and any little tyke who thinks it would be great fun to mess about with it!

I do find it refreshing that people are trying to think out of the box to resolve the issue though, it’s getting ever closer to a solution. This idea is amongst the better ones.

#162315 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

It is a neat solution though, every bay can get one, no posts or poles during the day to hinder pavement traffic and then residents come home and plug in. Lots of people won’t carry the pole in their car, they will get it from their house when a charge is required.

The problem with things like lampost charging is there are only a few per street and not always at the kerbside.

Its either something like this or poles permanently mounted, blocking pavements every few metres, handy if you want to deter pavement parking, but a hassle to load and unload the car/passengers etc with the poles at the kerb, with this you only need the pole when you need the charge, for most people that’s once a week.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#162324 Reply
    Daf

Another good example of the effort being made to make BEVs accessible to as many as possible. True there will need to be adaptions made for the most disabled but this company have obviously given the challenge to provide charging facilities for all, a great deal of thought.

#162378 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

https://www.trojanenergyltd.com/step

#162379 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

#162380 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Reply #162292 in Scottish energy firm gains £2.2m investment for urban charging
Your information: