Scotland to Wales

• Creator
    Topic
  • #158981 Reply
    ajn

I drive a petrol 2ltr xc40, once someone said something about pollution as I sometimes drive Wales to Scotland return..

Look at these manky strawberries, price, date and condition 😳, Welsh store, Scottish strawberries not fit to eat…

Suddenly my minds eased with my few time a year journey, not very planet friendly bringing those strawberries here, what a total waste and not to mention the pollution..

• This topic was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by wmcforum. Reason: Moved to off topic
Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #158993 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

And the Worcestershire strawberries? How were they?

#158999 Reply
    ajn

I didn’t buy them Wigwam, a  lady said they weren’t very nice, and the Scottish ones were to far gone unfortunately..

#159044 Reply
    Rhodgie
    Participant

I’ve signed in so there’s no suspicion of being a troll, something that ajn never does 🤔

What a stupid, pointless, petty post this is trying to take a snide dig at EVs… pathetic little man 😢

#159045 Reply
    ajn

🪝〰️〰️⚓️    🎣, wow

#159047 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

I’ve signed in so there’s no suspicion of being a troll, something that ajn never does 🤔 What a stupid, pointless, petty post this is trying to take a snide dig at EVs… pathetic little man 😢

Nah, you got it all wrong.

As we know, the guy loves EVs, never complains about them or people talking about them, never derails EV threads and never makes stupid arguments/comparisons to EVs, like arguing that EVs suck because if we have a lot of them they’ll set the entire country on fire and that would be worse for the environment.

All a misunderstanding.

PS: your thought was also my first one, but why get annoyed over a manbaby.

#159049 Reply
    ajn

Well I was going going to take the offending strawberries fishing, just WOKE up, gone fishing for a few hours now 😁..

someone said a cold cloth to the pulses cools the blood I suggest a beach towel for some maybe sip some cooled tepid boiled water..

Wish me luck fishing, sleep tight with your lovely thoughts..

#159051 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Oh dear, I see it now. Thanks. It’s amazing how a photo can distort the mind when reading. Well, for me anyway.

#159053 Reply
    ajn

So much pollution bringing Scottish strawberries to Wales, made worse by the premature deterioration of the product..😳

Nice few hours fishing, no strawberries to eat though..

#159059 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Not really, think how many punnets of strawberries you can get on one lorry, making one journey, then factor in the health benefits to people eating fresh strawberries. There must be a net gain. If, like me, you buy strawberries year round, buying Scottish strawberries is really nothing to complain about from a distance travelled point of view.

#159060 Reply
    ajn

Hhhmm yes maybe I’m wrong then..

I wonder if the fruit farm less than 4 miles away from the Asda I visited supply Asda or do they get shipped upto Scotland..

Any Welsh strawberries up there anyone..

#159063 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Bought a packet of supermarket green beans the other week, which came from New Zealand. I can only think they were part of a back load on a cargo flight, otherwise it makes no sense..

#159064 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

But good to know the strawberries we bought in Sainsbury’s at the weekend were from the New Forest (10 miles away), and very tasty..

#159065 Reply
    ajn

Haygrove fruit production

#159067 Reply
    ajn

Why Scottish strawberries such a short shelf life, lots of pollution..

Are they taking pollution seriously..🤨

#159068 Reply
    ajn

I usually shop Sainsbury too wigwam, they seem to encourage local produce..

just fancied a drive to get out, this Asda is away from me but nice to get out and have a drive..

#159070 Reply
    ajn

Oh sorry my mistake the massive Haygrove fruit suppliers of the UK, is 5.5 miles from Asda, not 4 as I stated..

Also a few more dotted through England, before Scotland..

Surely something seems strange here..

#159073 Reply
    ajn
    #159184 Reply
    ajn

Maybe kick this one into touch to wmc, just taking up space, also some daft comments here anyway.🤣👍

#159188 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Only by someone signing himself ajn, it seems.

#159200 Reply
    ajn

Yeah that the seal of approval from wigwam..

would have been nice just to hear an explanation rather that tantrums and bull💩..

Haygrove enormous on supply of fruit/ possible veg not sure tbh..

#159203 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

You must be reading a different thread to me, ajn.  Most of the posts are yours and I don’t see any sign of tantrums or bull

#159206 Reply
    ajn

Wigwam read the thread again, change ajn, to wigwam, then you might see a tantrum of keyboard pressing from certain people, they often pop up on any view I have..

(not signed in seems to be causing an upset even, however it’s through no fault of mine I can’t sign in🤔)

#159214 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

not signed in seems to be causing an upset even, however it’s through no fault of mine I can’t sign in🤔

More than happy to help you sign in, email me: enquiries@whichmobilitycar.com

#159218 Reply
    ajn

Tbh wmc forum, I shared my details and signed up, logged in all good on many occasions…

Then something one day changed, not my end though, so I’ll just go with it till it suits me..

We have the option to not to sign in so no real problem for me, it just seems to annoy others..

#159226 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Your happiness is all that matters.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: Scotland to Wales
Your information: