Roll Up Roll Up… C'mon Get Your Eurovision Party Pack Here

• Creator
    Topic
  • #50827 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

Eurovision Party Pack

Tonight 8pm BBC1 – Who’ll be watching, and routing for UK’s SuRie?

UK’s Entry – SuRie – Storm

Personally, i really like our song – best for a long time. Although the odds don’t reflect it, I think we have a real chance this year.

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #50831 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Trev

Another load of rubbish on the TV tonight then, no change there then!

Looks like it will have to be a dvd again as the snooker has finished!!

Pity Cliff is not doing Congratulations again that is bound to win against all this so called New Music, which us old un’s don’t understand, at least with the old music you could listen to the words and songs, how about Caroline or Down Down from status quo for eurovision bound to win then!

lightbodyae55

#50834 Reply
    leamonme
    Participant

hi lightbodyae55 you have just reminded me of my grandad his words to me in the seventies when I used to record the top 40 on my cassette player “I don’t know how you can listen to that rubbish, at least with the old music you could listen to the words and songs”. Trouble is I say the same to my grandkids now, something I always said I would never do.

#50849 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

lightbodyae55, you funny old fuddy duddy, did you listen to our entry, the words are very clear i think lol

To be fair i think music goes through phases, and currently with the likes of Ed Sherran the music is very easy listening and does tell a story, a year later from now and it’ll all change i guess to the rave years or something like that.

Leamonme, I used to record the top 40 on my tape deck, trying to hit pause at the right time to avoid the dj… then there was the mixed tape i used to make to impress whatever girl i was seeing at the time, with artwork on the label….good times… and cheap presents lol

#50856 Reply
    POPS

Eurovision song contest final …. Yeaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

I’ve been out all morning getting the party food and drink. The car was loaded!

I’m expecting a couple of dozen people tonight, in fact some have already started arriving.

A full buffet prepared by my lovely daughter in laws, and the bar set up by my sons. The cocktail board has been chalked up, a multiplicity of beers are chilling and the bubbles and Spirits are lined up, even down to Angostura bitters, and of course soft drinks for the kids!

We’ve set up out on the patio with patio heaters, loads of comfortable seating and cushions, and a large screen tv and speakers under a large glass canopy. The hot tub will also be open for party revels!

We will be judging each song on a score card, and the best judge will be presented with a Waitrose hamper!

Over the top or what !!!!!!

It’s going to be a very good night!

#50858 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Everyone

My guess is that the UK will score “Nil points”

I am glad that I do not live anywhere near POPS with thet racket going on, i reckon I will need to put my Status Quo CD’s on full blast tonight just to drown out this Eurovision rubbish!

lightbodyae55

#50860 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

Rule Britannia Pops! Have a fantastic night, sounds like the party will continue in to the wee hours.

#50863 Reply
    Brydo

Trev who would have you where such a romantic, mixed tapes, off the record and without being indiscreet, as gentleman never tell, did that get you very far lol

#50865 Reply
    Brydo

Pops sounds like a great night and I hope the sun stays out, its been a cracker. I’m just back from a communion and it was great, being T Total I drove the family home and left some behind to enjoy a few more Shandy’s. But pops you can tell us, there’s always one you have to watch with the booze, who is it lol.

Have a great night as family is all that matters.

#50867 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

Brydo, my memories on the success of mixed tapes can be summed up in this clip, no further words needed lol

#50877 Reply
    TonyD

POPS. if you record it all, you can have a replay at a street party for next weeks Royal wedding.

(enjoy your night)

#50899 Reply
    Mike

The winning song was shocking imho but the hosts were gorgeous

#50901 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi everyone

Was it worth watching! I see that there was  a stage invasion maybe that was the best part of the program?

I read that as usual the UK came in the bottom 10 again, well I was almost right with “Nil Points” If as Mike says the winning song was shocking, what’s the rest of the songs like, if the winning one is shocking?

I watched Dirty Harry DVD again, with Clint Eastwood, much better than boring  Eurovision.

lightbodyae55

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by lightbodyae55.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by lightbodyae55. Reason: question asked
    #50906 Reply
    Mike

Lightbody we won’t watch it again after last night the winning song really is awful and yes a protester came on when our entry was on ! A very bad night indeed

#50908 Reply
    TonyD

Mike, you said “last night the winning song really is awful”.

Is that unusual then ?

#50914 Reply
    Mike

I have liked some Tony in the past

#50917 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

Bring back ABBA!!

#50918 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Mike

I liked Congratulations by Cliff Richard, and Puppet on a String by Sandie Shaw and Brotherhood of Man, but I forget the title of their Eurovision hit.

lightbodyae55

#50920 Reply
    Mike

Totally agree lightbody

#50922 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

I like this song too lightbodyae55

#50923 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Trev

Thanks for that I could not remember that title.

lightbodyae55

#50930 Reply
    POPS

What a night! I won the prize for best judge …. That’s a first for me lol!

#50940 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

Well done Pops, have you recovered yet?

#50942 Reply
    POPS

Nope!

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
Reply To: Roll Up Roll Up… C'mon Get Your Eurovision Party Pack Here
Your information: