Road Angel Dash Cams

• Creator
    Topic
    FiestaRed
    Participant

When ordering my new car, I mentioned that I wanted a dash cam installing. Unfortunately, the only dash cams my dealership offer are the Road Angel models. They sound pretty good as they offer a ‘Dual Park’ mode that wakes the camera up in car up when it’s parked should anything happen.

Road Angel is not a name I’ve seen before relating to dash cams, does anyone on here have one fitted or have any views on this system please? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mother Nature don't draw straight lines, We're broken moulds in a grand design, We look a mess but we're doing fine, We're card carrying lifelong members of the Union Of Different Kinds..........

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Matt
      Participant

Iv’e got one for my i4 but haven’t managed to fit it yet, it says you need WiFi connection but when it connects to the car it disconnects the phone from WiFi and stops android auto. If anyone’s got any advice on how to get around this it would be much appreciated

Ioniq
        Participant

@matt

There is no way around it and you use it to setup and link the camera to your phone.  Once its paired you dont have to do it again, unless you want to download footage. Its easier then as its paired.

Its a faff if doing it outside your house as the phone wants to automatically  connect to your Wifi.

There will be plenty of YouTube vids on connecting them. Its a pain, but they work well once paired.

joss

Iv’e got one for my i4 but haven’t managed to fit it yet, it says you need WiFi connection but when it connects to the car it disconnects the phone from WiFi and stops android auto. If anyone’s got any advice on how to get around this it would be much appreciated

Get a data USB cable to connect your phone to your car, access Android and car play that way thus freeing up your wifi for camera.

A more detailed answer: the i4 does have wifi radios, but they are only used in two ways:
            On all i4s, it is used for wireless CarPlay and Android Auto. Your phone connects to the car’s wifi in this case.
            On i4s with the eSim, it’s used to provide a wifi hotspot to other devices in the car. The data plan in this case is a line added to your personal phone plan.

Of course, you could ask your dealer about this or BMW genius

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by joss. Reason: more detail

Joss
            Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

FiestaRed
            Participant

Thanks for the replies, really appreciated. Quite a few online reviews say the camera’s great but the app is a bit ‘clunky’.

Mother Nature don't draw straight lines, We're broken moulds in a grand design, We look a mess but we're doing fine, We're card carrying lifelong members of the Union Of Different Kinds..........

joss

@FiestaRed Have you managed to get it installed yet ? Do let us know.

Joss

FiestaRed
                Participant

@FiestaRed Have you managed to get it installed yet ? Do let us know.

My new car’s only just been ordered Josh so there’s quite a few weeks before I need to decide about having the Road Angel dash cams fitted. Having said that, I most certainly will post an update when I know more.

kezo
                  Participant

The Road Angel Pro is a very decent front and rear camera for the price, epecially when you can pick one up for £165. My brothers happy with his which got fitted in his new car over weekend.

I can vouch for there other stuff as well!

However, I wouldn’t be paying over the odds for your dealer to fit one. If your in doubt yourself go Halfords and get them fit one.

joss

Halfords do a good fitting service, provided you purchased the camera from them. Just saying.

Joss

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.