Reply from Motability re. Diesel claim

• This topic has 45 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by William Caldwell.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #145455 Reply
    crispy

Good morning,thank you so much for contacting us regarding potentially making a claim for the diesel emissions lawsuit. Our interpretation of the eligibility to join any class action claim against some manufacturers is limited to those who have owned a vehicle during the relevant time or who sourced their vehicle via a financial arrangement with the manufacturers Financial Services. We are not in a position to offer any legal advice regarding making a claim and do not intend to join any suits against manufacturers. Please seek independent advice on your eligibility to do so. Many thanks

Viewing 20 replies - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #157880 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>These large legal firms will not spend a fortune in time without being reasonably sure of a successful outcome. With VW in particular they have already admitted deception so I think it’s a matter of time. Ball park figures suggest £10k. I have no idea how they arrive at these figures. We’ll see how it developes and the effect it will have on the car giants.</p>

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by fwippers. Reason: Poor spelling. Mobile phone to blame
    #157883 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Funnily enough, I was reading the other day (can’t find the source now but it was in a legal journal) that the firm’s engaged in this activity are desperately searching around for the next great cause to keep them in business.  They are not large firms either – neither are they well regarded in the legal profession.

#157888 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I correct myself before anyone else does. Slater and Gordon are of course large. And one of the first class action law firms to become known. The article I was reading was discussing other firms who have jumped on the bandwagon, and are at risk of going under. As Slater & Walker nearly did a couple of years ago.

#158093 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I was recalling something which happened to us a few years back on a Virgin train, 1st class from Manchester to London. For the complimentary snacks we were offered some rolls. I asked what meat was inside and was told chicken which was fine as we did not eat red meat. We soon discovered after a bite or two it was pork which we do not eat and we were advised to complain to Virgin trains directly which we did straight away. We were offered £250 of rail vouchers by way of an apology for an accidental mistake rapidly and possibly could have got more if we wanted to escalate it. If we compare this to the dieslegate scandal, which  was a deliberate ploy to trick customers I think it´s easy to see how figures of 10 grand are being banded about regularly. What price emotional distress. People thought they were doing the right thing for the planet and are now wracked with guilt!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by fwippers.
    #158098 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Wasn’t the deliberate ploy actually to pull a fast one over the regulators, fwippers?  If any customer is wracked with guilt over dieselgate, as you call it, I would suggest they may benefit from psychiatric help.

#158100 Reply
    ajn

Or just get over it, and get on with life..

#158101 Reply
    ajn

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I didn’t make the change from petrol to diesel, just always driven petrol.</p>

#158104 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

A useful contribution to the debate by ajn, as usual.

#158107 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

The “wracked with guilt” was tongue in cheek, however if customers were cheated, do they not have some recourse to compensation? Agree an invaluable contribution ajn.

#158108 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

If they’ve incurred a quantifyable loss, yes. Otherwise, no.

#158121 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Not necessary to quantify all losses as stated already and some cannot be. Not going to repeat myself again.

#158123 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

fwippers, you asked if they should have recourse. I said they should.  To say: Oh I’ve lost something but I can’t say what it is and I want money because the car maker did wrong, is just greedy opportunism in my book.

#158126 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Let’s talk about tinted glass instead!

#158127 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Tinted glass, you say. It’s already been done hasn’t it?

The Red Arrows are taking off from Bournemouth in half an hour for a Wembley flypast. I say this having no interest in wendyball, but because I will be able to watch them leave through my bedroom window.

#158167 Reply
    ajn

A useful contribution to the debate by Wigwam, as usual.

🤣😂

#158169 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I thought so ajn. How kind of you to say so.

#158172 Reply
    ajn

Only repaying the compliment Wig, it would be rude not too..👍

🌻

#158173 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

I am glad Citroen allegedly cheated on emissions as per these claims, if so, its brilliant don’t you think?

I got to pay lower car tax and had better fuel consumption over the 160,000 miles I did in my 2007-2018 cars. No complaints from me and I’m certainly not “outraged”, feeling quite happy about the whole thing really. Like over 90% of diesel owners I bought one because the mpg was great, saving me loads of money, emissions or lack thereof paid no part in my decision (although it was nice to only pay £30 VED).

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#158179 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

#163437 Reply
    William Caldwell

Totally agree John

Viewing 20 replies - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
Reply To: Reply from Motability re. Diesel claim
Your information: