Renault Zoe ze 50kwh

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jeff Schofield 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #95458 Reply

Jeffers44
    Participant

Hi

Does anyone have any information on when/if the new Zoe ze50 will replace the 40kwh model?

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #95494 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

January at retail, perhaps a delay for the scheme.

The EV database is a great site:

https://ev-database.uk/car/1164/Renault-Zoe-ZE50-R110

#95502 Reply

Jeff Schofield

Thanks, yeah I suspect looking at previous newly released cars take 6 months to a year to come on the scheme.

I’m torn between the 40kw Zoe and the BMW i3, if I knew the 50kw Zoe would come on the scheme within 6 months I’d wait but could be waiting a year plus.

#95525 Reply

Rob

Hi Jeff,

I am not sure if this helps with your choice?

Have you heard of the Electric Vehicle Experience? http://www.evexperiencecentre.co.uk

Its a government scheme to encourage people to think about an electric car as their next vehicle. Not specific to Motability.

You can take out a Zoe or i3 for either 4 days or 6 days. Price for a week with the Zoe is £75 i3 £95.

The guys do not sell cars. They just give you the experience of driving an electric car. I returned an i3 from them yesterday after a 4 day lease – £50.

I loved the driving experience of the i3 but was disappointed with the lack of useful extra equipment other manufacturers seem to be making standard these days. You even have to purchase a heat pump for an additional £530! With that said I still want one. It was a great car to drive and really made my journeys enjoyable.

You can test drive the Zoe and the i3 only once for each model. They also offer a VW Golf but that option is not currently on the motability scheme. I live in Milton Keynes and we have a centre here so it was very convenient for me to use the service. I understand that may not be the case if you have to travel any distance. I have not checked if there are more than 1 centre.

Finally, if you do purchase any electric, plug in or hybrid car and you drove a car before with the centre, you will be given a full refund for your test drive.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Rob

#95631 Reply

Jeff Schofield

Hi Rob,

Thanks very much, fortunately I had the Nissan Leaf for 4 years on the scheme so am used to driving them.

Yes I too was disappointed the heat pump isn’t included, I have been searching for info on the winter range without the heat pump but not having much success. The equipment is fairly sparse compared to our current Toyota Prius business plus. Emergency stop, lane keep assist auto cruise control and cross traffic alerts etc but I’ve survived 20 years of driving without them.

Going to have a 24 hr test drive in a couple of weeks.

How did you find the drive comfort as in the ride comfort etc?

Many thanks

Jeff

#95634 Reply

Rob

Hi Jeff,

‘I was apprehensive about the ride as I had read and viewed via YouTube some negative comments. I have driven both the i3 and i3s, which is supposedly a bone shaker, and was very pleasantly impressed.

You can feel some bumps but nothing out of the ordinary. I must admit that the test drive was a real help and Has definitely influenced my decision to sign up for one. You might be able to get a longer test drive. I got 3 days with BMW Milton Keynes. It helped with the day to day stuff and travelling to work.

I hope this helps.

Rob

#95672 Reply

Jeff Schofield

Thanks again.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Renault Zoe ze 50kwh

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: