Renault Scenic

• Creator
    Topic
    ScotT
    Spectator

Some very very positive reviews coming out for this vehicle.

I know its not long been added to the scheme, and advance payment pricing has dropped significantly for the Megane over the quarters if Renault are able to do the same with this vehicle it will give the glorious Enyaq a run for its value

Some recent review for anyone considering a large family car/crossover/SUV.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

Most reviews Ive seen, many of which you include point to 3.2/3.3 mpkWh (270 miles) in not so cold temperatures. Thats along way off from Renaults claimed 379 miles and considering it has a heatpump as standard mmm!

I like the Solarbay sunroof but, cloth seats and interior doesn’t look as premium as the new E3008, I doubt one would be for me.

ScotT
        Spectator

Most reviews Ive seen, many of which you include point to 3.2/3.3 mpkWh (270 miles) in not so cold temperatures. Thats along way off from Renaults claimed 379 miles and considering it has a heatpump as standard mmm! I like the Solarbay sunroof but, cloth seats and interior doesn’t look as premium as the new E3008, I doubt one would be for me.

I agree on the interior cloth trims and range but if it can do 200+ in winter it should cover most peoples need for range, design wise I think Renault are smashing it, its not normally a brand I would look at,  but anyone who can set these things aside its a great vehicle and of course creates the competition to pull up their socks.

DumfriesDik
          Participant

The cabin space looks amazing, as does the boot.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

kezo
            Participant

design wise I think Renault are smashing it

I agree 🙂

They employed Peugeots cheif design engineer Gilles Vidal lol.

The cabin space looks amazing, as does the boot.

Imagine trying to pull a fridge freezer out of the boot ?

On a more serious note, its that deep some may struggle with wheelchairs etc, though there is talk reno will offer an option of rails to lift the boot floor.

Ele
              Participant

Looks like Renault are onto another winner imo

Bit to big for my needs but Im sure many will jump at this when the AP drops enough (suspect that will be after xmas but hopefully before)

Ricardohx4
                Participant

I love this…. Think it’s this vs the E-3008 if I could…

But, this isn’t very high? Seeing people stood next to it, it’s quite small to my surprise and thus no ground clearance and I like SUVs to at least look remotely like a 4×4 ish rugged thing. Which I guess the Enyaq fits, but it’s the expensive Packs on the Enyaq that puts me off it seriously.

I’ll be keen to see this in the flesh maybe and deffo the 3008 – as for Fabric I kinda like the retro 90’s nod, I like it on the dash and places these new cars too.
                  mind they need to be heated still like my old fabric heated Volvo Seats on my old 340 & 960 🙂

Ele
                  Participant

A future Over the air update will add one pedal driving I hear

Bonus

Maybe also the Megan E Tec? time will tell

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Ele.
                    BillyTang
                    Spectator

A future Over the air update will add one pedal driving I hear Bonus Maybe also the Megan E Tec? time will tell

Its not possible on the Megane due to hardware, it might be possible on the newer updated one

kezo
                      Participant

A future Over the air update will add one pedal driving I hear Bonus Maybe also the Megan E Tec? time will tell

Its not possible on the Megane due to hardware, it might be possible on the newer updated one

The Megane also has FOTA technology, so there is no reason it can’t get it in the future!

BillyTang
                        Spectator

The Megane also has FOTA technology, so there is no reason it can’t get it in the future!

Correct it does use FOTA technology, but as I said the Megane uses an older hardware revision, thus why it does not have OPD already. so it won’t be coming to the current Megane Tech, but possibly the MY update thats coming out if the hardware has been changed.

Participant

Ruled out for us as the boot lip is truly humongous, useless if you have dogs.

The videos mentioned Renault doing a variable boot floor to level it, but , on speaking to dealers, its not something they are aware of nor is it mentioned in any Renault literature. I think the journos asked why such a large lip and the Renault sales staff went “Damn, we thought they would not mention that” Then mumbled about fixing that later and voila, a variable floor maybe…sometime…in the future…possibly….is born.

And yeah, like the Megane, it looks big, until you stand next to it. Its 100mm lower than a Kodiaq! Like a reverse Ioniq 5!

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

Ele
                            Participant

Looks like the new Megan E Tec ( lead time 2 months) has upgrades  EV. Model Year 25
                              For those that are interested
                              The differences in the updated model year is:
                              12’’ Open R Link Screen
                              Harmon Kardon with 12 speakers vs 9 speakers
                              Hands Free Parking
                              Titanium F1 Blade, instead of Gold
                              Rear occupant Safe Exit

UkHardcore23
                              Participant

Looks like the new Megan E Tec ( lead time 2 months) has upgrades EV. Model Year 25 For those that are interested The differences in the updated model year is: 12’’ Open R Link Screen Harmon Kardon with 12 speakers vs 9 speakers Hands Free Parking Titanium F1 Blade, instead of Gold Rear occupant Safe Exit

Amazing news on the update on Megane, Loved the soundsystem when i heard it so should be even better now. Not sure the Titanium F1 Blade instead of Gold sounds great though. Im also led to beilve it has the updated Instrument screen as well that the Scenic has. Was also hoping we got the leather the Europeans get but nope still cloth for UK.

Ordered my car way back the start of Feb, Been waiting patiently. Apparently the shipment was due to arrive on these shores around the 21st. Hopefully they did.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by UkHardcore23.
                                • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by UkHardcore23.
                                Ele
                                Participant

The Cloth seats are quality and imo more practical in use than leather

Would love to see the scenic glass roof on the Megan but suspect the cars shape will not allow it

Almost 10 months down the line and my Iconic due to its looks and performance still puts the same smile on my face.

Gold blades to one side lol,

They are like Marmite and imo will not be missed

UkHardcore23
                                  Participant

That Scenic glass roof is sensational!

Gold blades to Silver though, i think Gold is the lesser evil out of the two haha

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.