Reminder for carers in Wales to apply for the £500 support payment.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #185369 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

As the title says. All welsh carers can register a request with their local councils for a £500 support payment, from today until the 15th of July.

It’s quick and painless, don’t forget to do it.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY23

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #185370 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Mrs kezo did it this morning 🙂

#185373 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

So did i, but maybe someone forgot (which i very much doubt, but doesn’t hurt to put out a reminder).

#185383 Reply
    ajn

Always forgot all about it, taking Mrs aj to the dentist now too, typical thanks for the heads up though…

#185385 Reply
    ajn

Sorry anyone know where to apply, what do I need ant seem to find it on gov.

#185394 Reply
    Rene

On your local council website, if you live in wales.

Here’s all the info.

https://gov.wales/unpaid-carer-financial-support-scheme

#185395 Reply
    ajn

Awaiting Moderation…

sorted now Rene, got a conformation email, trying to do 20 things at once at the mo..

#185399 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Yeah forgot to login, my bad – one would think that by now i’d know.

Good to hear.

#185400 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Sorry anyone know where to apply, what do I need ant seem to find it on gov.

If I remember correctly @ajn I think it was you first to mention it a while back thinking it was UK wide but when I looked into it it was for Wales only. I believe Scotland do something similar every year, but not much use if your in England unfortunately

My mrs had a letter through last week saying you can apply on our local council website from today.

#185402 Reply
    ajn

Correct kezo, it was mentioned however I thought it was you, age catching up with me I guess lol..

Anyway Thanks again all totally forgot about it, hopefully helps more here too..

#185407 Reply
    joss

An In good old England we get sweet FA. Well done Wales.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#185410 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

An In good old England we get sweet FA. Well done Wales.

Makes me feel bad both for carers in England, and for getting at least some support from the government.

#185412 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Correct kezo, it was mentioned however I thought it was you, age catching up with me I guess lol.. Anyway Thanks again all totally forgot about it, hopefully helps more here too..

Someone mentioned it before me can’t fully remember who though thought it was you lol, then I mentioned it when it first appeared on our council website. The plot thickens 🙂

#185419 Reply
    ajn

All carers in the UK should get this payment Joss, I think it’s wrong for it not to be happening..

#185421 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

All carers in the UK should get this payment Joss, I think it’s wrong for it not to be happening..

I fully agree with you @ajn and it should be a yearly payment (as Ive heard Scotland gets) For the pittance carers get in respect to what it would cost the local authority for there services to undertake it.

I also think free prescriptions should be free UK wide.

#185427 Reply
    joss

To all

I dare say if a labour government where in place, then it may well have been different in England. I hate Devolution…

Joss

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#185438 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

I’m on the opposite side of that, i think devolution is good. Instead of being mad at devolution, you should be mad at people responsible for the situation in england.

Don’t mistake contempt for carers/disabled people in england as a flaw in devolved governments. It’s a flaw in Tories. I’m not going to go all politics in here, but the very fact remains that Tories have shown nothing but utter contempt towards the poor, now with another suggestion that “if the cost of living crisis hits you hard, do more hours or get a better paid job” – next to the incredibly condescending comment of Anderson, suggesting that we’re all too stupid to deal with it because you can cook meals for 30p a day.

There’s plenty of things i disagree with, in regards to Drakeford. But fact of the matter is, Labour has shown to at least give a fleeting thought towards the struggling – something that’s entirely absent from Tories. For fairness though: i don’t think Corbyn would’ve been great for the country either. Maybe not as bad as Johnson, but that’s a really, really low bar to cross. I’m a moderate, and while there are options now, there weren’t back then. The choice was between extreme right, and extreme left, and i don’t see myself in either.

But that’s just me ranting. In the end, it shouldn’t even be a political consideration whether or not to support carers and disabled people, it should just be a given. Regardless of caring in Wales, Scotland or England. All carers should get support regardless of geolocation.

#185451 Reply
    joss

Indeed Rene. It was just a rant on my part, and I agree with your comments above.

Joss

#187986 Reply
    ajn

…………….Update…………….

Letter confirming payment within 3working days..

#188005 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

…………….Update……………. Letter confirming payment within 3working days..

Your council dragged their feet @ajn when did you apply for it.

#188031 Reply
    Sean1969

I just received my £245 today that we get twice a year in Scotland.

I’m surprised you need to apply for it in Wales as up here, it’s automatic.

Hope you all get it, I know it’s not a lot in today’s climate but it will pay for 2.5 tanks of fuel.

#188029 Reply
    ajn

May 16 kezo, heads up day above..

don’t mind about the wait, as long as it’s paid in on time 👍

#188041 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

I just received my £245 today that we get twice a year in Scotland. I’m surprised you need to apply for it in Wales as up here, it’s automatic. Hope you all get it, I know it’s not a lot in today’s climate but it will pay for 2.5 tanks of fuel.

Hoping it will continue to become a yearly payment here, similar to what you have.

don’t mind about the wait, as long as it’s paid in on time

The main thing @ajn you are getting it soon.

#188055 Reply
    ajn

#188138 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Indeed Rene. It was just a rant on my part, and I agree with your comments above.

All good, we all need to vent every now and then – especially in these times.

…………….Update……………. Letter confirming payment within 3working days..

Your council dragged their feet @ajn when did you apply for it.

Bahaha.. I’ve applied 30 minutes after the “scheme” opened, still haven’t heard anything back.

🙁

#188147 Reply
    ajn

Joss first time payment in Wales (I think), hopefully someone somewhere with a shout is going to bring this up for the rest of the UK highlighting how it should be granted for them too, maybe with a belated payback levelling fairness..

At least you have an update Rene (guess payment will be soon).

Can I just add the update wasn’t put on to let’s say show off, more like a kick up the backside to get this paid out to carers throughout the UK..

can’t understand why it isn’t tbh, as mentioned before not been on this side of the fence long, but this whole system seems weird even the questions to even get here…

😐

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
Reply To: Reminder for carers in Wales to apply for the £500 support payment.
Your information: