Recommend Disabled Friendly Services M6 M1 M20

• Creator
    Topic
  • #189123 Reply
    Jojoe
    Participant

We’ll be undertaking a journey south using the M6, M1 possibly M25 and M20. Can anyone recommend decent services with good disabled facilities both south and north bound. We’re thinking Norton Canes for the M6. Not done this journey before so it’s new to me.

Cheers

J

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #189141 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Depending on where you start from, Tebay Services on the M6 and Norton Canes on the M6 toll are both very good.  Cobham on the M25 is ok but usually very busy.

#189144 Reply
    Jojoe
    Participant

WigwamParticipant
    Depending on where you start from, Tebay Services on the M6 and Norton Canes on the M6 toll are both very good.  Cobham on the M25 is ok but usually very busy.

We join near Knutsford, Tebay too far North, I’ve used Norton Canes on the Toll and that’s nice, it’s the crowds I’m hoping to avoid. We’ll be travelling peak on a Saturday and I know disabled parking will be a nightmare. I thinking 1 stop on M6 ( Norton Canes) 1 stop on the M1 and 1 on M20 but not too near Folkestone, in case operation Stack or whatever they call it these days; is in force.

#189145 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Long time since travelled that way with work but if I remember

M1 southbound Northhampton

M20 Maidstone

#189146 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

https://motorwayservices.uk/#Search_for_Motorway_Services

Maybe useful.

If I started at Knutsford I’d have to stop at Sandbach and every other one along the route with my mrs 🤣

#189164 Reply
    Jojoe
    Participant

If I started at Knutsford I’d have to stop at Sandbach and every other one along the route with my mrs 🤣

Yep, same with my OH. She needs to stop on the way to Tesco’s. I’ve got a bladder like a gasometer, the only I need to stop for is a stretch after 5 hours.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Recommend Disabled Friendly Services M6 M1 M20
Your information: