Really struggling to choose

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Craig 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #79295 Reply

Craig

Having now been on the scheme 9 years and have always gone back to BMW we are really struggling to find a car on the scheme.

Sadly we got caught out with a new model of CLA coming into production and therefore our CLA in January was cancelled. Since then Mobility extended our 3 year period for a further 6 months.

We have waited to see if the CLA comes onto the scheme in July, if not then our only option is either the A Class Saloon AMG Line or the Q2 Black Edition.

Ideally we would have liked the CLA or a Audi Q3

GUTTED

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #79296 Reply

mzmps
    Participant

What about the Peugeot 508 5dr or estate, similar shape to the CLA.

#79299 Reply

Craig

Not my cup of tea. Ideally wanted stay with BMW or choose Audi or Mercedes

#79308 Reply

Macca

Get a further lease extension and wait it out

#79322 Reply

Craig

I’ve already got a 6 month extension on our 3 years that ran out in Mid April. I can hardly see them extending the lease after October

#79324 Reply

jamesg

Hi Craig  have you looked   at the Alfa   Giulia   ?

#79325 Reply

Macca

As I understand it motability will consider upto a 2 year lease extension. Not sure if they will allow that in multiple short periods but one thing is for sure, don’t ask don’t get. Make a call and see what motability have to say.

#79351 Reply

Philjb

I m sure that’s fine if you car hasn’t done over 60’ooo miles.

You can extend it.

You also get a higher good condition payment towards you next car.

£800 instead of £500. If you keep it the max two years more.

#79399 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

You can extend up to 2 years and change anytime within that 2 years, you don’t have to wait the whole time so if you find a suitable car in say 5 months with a 3 month delivery then just order it to suit you and contact motability for the pin etc.

#79403 Reply

Craig

Thanks everyone. I’ll bear that in mind. Our car hasn’t even done 30k in 3 years

#79405 Reply

Craig

( What about the Peugeot 508 5dr or estate, similar shape to the CLA )

really dont like that car at all. Looks like some American dodge car. And at £3000 AP for a Peugeot I’ll give it a wide berth.

#79410 Reply

DBtruth

Is the a class saloon available on the scheme? I’ve seen the hatchback but didn’t know if the saloon was on? I really like the saloon

#79412 Reply

Craig

Thanks everyone for the heads up. I’ve just come off the phone to Motability and they have agreed that given our order was cancelled way back in January because the car was being superseded we can have a further Two extensions if needs be taking us well into September 2020.

Apparently it also helps when you’ve paid a higher AP on your last order as well to get these extensions.

Anyway result all round and no need to rush now in choosing something we don’t want.

#79414 Reply

Trev

Something to also consider is the increased Good Condition Bonus when you extend Craig – 3 years is £500, 4 years £600, 5 years £800.

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#79464 Reply

Rico
    Participant

test drive a Tiguan r-line 😛 I did and made the switch, the std extras in the car, would have been another 3000-4000 in a bmw 😉 and remember VW are really the same as audis really 😛 all come from vag group.. The R-Line tech really handles well too which was surprising to me having drove mainly mercs and bmw’s all my life.

#79470 Reply

Macca

Glad you’re sorted bud, chill for a while, see what comes along ….. who knows maybe a Merc GLB eh ???

#79471 Reply

Craig

Yeah Cheers Macca

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Really struggling to choose

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: