RAV4 – whats it like to drive?

This topic contains 31 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Philjb 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #78846 Reply

myself33
    Participant

In recent days after much thinking ( the pros and cons of each) on whether to go with the Tiguan R line Tech or the Toyota RAV4 Excel, aM 99.% sure I am going with the RAV4 as I felt it was a better ride, and easier to get in and out.

As I have adaptions am unable to test drive them myself, as anyone drove the RAV4 if so, your thoughts would be much appreciated šŸ™‚

Viewing 6 replies - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #79278 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Boot is just right for me as I carry suitcases full of money

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#83057 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I popped onto the Toyota dealership the other day just to check the boot, plenty of space for a hoist for my mobility scooter and more.

I asked about availability for the 4WD version they informed me September.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#83103 Reply

Carmad

I was told that delivery would be around March – April?.Ā  Can’t see it remaining on the scheme with these waiting times.

#83108 Reply

Donkey Oatie

if you are due to change in March can you order now or do you have to wait until last quarter?

#83109 Reply

JS

Motability wise wise you can only order 3 months in advance and even if the car is available before hand you have to wait to the full term of your lease (unless you are already on an extension)

in some cases it has been know for individual dealerships to “pre order” a vehicle then put it through when your eligible, this of cause comes with the risk that the vehicle may be removed from the scheme and subject to AP changes, with vehicles dealerships know they can sell, the risk is minimal so to show serious intent some will request a deposit and/or full payment of any optional extras. It really comes down to the relationship with the salesperson.

#83188 Reply

Philjb

Some of these wait times are worrying, if I remember correctly the rav4 was pulled from the scheme a little while ago too?

But the long wait times convinced me the best thing to do was ring around dealers for a cancellation ( vw not RAV4 ), luckily for us one came up after about a month, in the colour and a better spec then we wanted.

Iā€™m sure with these long wait times there will be cancelled orders when the cars arrive in the UK.

Viewing 6 replies - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
Reply To: RAV4 – whats it like to drive?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: