RAC pulling my hair out

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  philjb 11 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #85016 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Our Ford Kuga is a mobility car, last year we added the RAC Arrival trailer cover for an additional £40.00, the other day the battery failed, RAC came out and tried to charge for a new battery, apparently it was not on their system as a mobility car ? the RAC man phoned the office and amended the RAC data, I did not pay for the battery.

On the 3rd August I contacted RAC to renew the RAC Arrival trailer cover costing £65.00 this year, payment was taken, other day letter came through post asking £259 for renewal, so I phoned today, again our mobility Ford Kuga  no longer on RAC Response mobility but RAC premier?.

RAC have been a total nightmare, Monday I will contact Mobility and see if they can sort it out?

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #85026 Reply

Carmad

Can I ask what “Arrival trailer recovery” is?</p>

#85038 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

Cover for towing trailers and caravans Carmad.

#85789 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Our Ford Kuga is a mobility car, last year we added the RAC Arrival trailer cover for an additional £40.00, the other day the battery failed, RAC came out and tried to charge for a new battery, apparently it was not on their system as a mobility car ? the RAC man phoned the office and amended the RAC data, I did not pay for the battery. On the 3rd August I contacted RAC to renew the RAC Arrival trailer cover costing £65.00 this year, payment was taken, other day letter came through post asking £259 for renewal, so I phoned today, again our mobility Ford Kuga no longer on RAC Response mobility but RAC premier?. RAC have been a total nightmare, Monday I will contact Mobility and see if they can sort it out?

Finally managed to sort it out after contacting Mobility dedicated team, hopefully it will be easier next year.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#85790 Reply

Persuader

I don’t mean to be cheeky but this whole site is dedicated to Motability cars, the Motability Scheme and the word Motability is literally all over it- and most contributors appear to have used the scheme for years and years, presumably reading the word on paperwork again and again. Why do people still write Mobility??

#85791 Reply

POPS

Persuader, If you read the footnote sentence of the post immediately above yours you will see why the original poster has difficulty with some words. Cheers.

#85792 Reply

EVman

Sometimes phones autocorrect it to mobility also.

#85794 Reply

Persuader

I’m not aiming any criticism to an individual, I assure you; it’s something I notice all over this forum. Autocorrect might be one reason, I guess. But I suspect it’s like Hoover being used for vacuum cleaners and Smart car, when we don’t say Vauxhall car; it just becomes the chosen word. Oh well, just an observation. No offence intended!

#85795 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

I’m not aiming any criticism to an individual, I assure you; it’s something I notice all over this forum. Autocorrect might be one reason, I guess. But I suspect it’s like Hoover being used for vacuum cleaners and Smart car, when we don’t say Vauxhall car; it just becomes the chosen word. Oh well, just an observation. No offence intended!

Your initial observation works the other way around on a lot of general benefits forums. People often post that they were awarded PIP/DLA ‘Motability and Care’ components or ‘War Pensioners Motability Supplement’.

Dave

#85796 Reply

JS

Most spellchecker auto correct will not recognise the word Motability because it’s not an actual Word it’s a Portmanteau.

#85804 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I don’t mean to be cheeky but this whole site is dedicated to Motability cars, the Motability Scheme and the word Motability is literally all over it- and most contributors appear to have used the scheme for years and years, presumably reading the word on paperwork again and again. Why do people still write Mobility??

Thankyou for your kind words, patience and understanding, prior to my accident I was a highly educated person, following my accident I had to learn to read and write, talk, walk etc, hopefully you get the message.

Feel free to insult me anytime you like, I am an easy target.

#85809 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Sure, you’re fat and you drool!(Ohh, I C, You were joking) me too, I have autocorrect turned off on all my devices as it used to replace words without me noticing until a certain conversation with my consultants secretary(I apparently offered her a special service that you can get in Amsterdam) ?

I do have suggestions switched on still and no matter how many times I write Motability it still offers Mobility as standard, so much for “smart” devices eh.

PS, I don’t think you’re fat, not sure about the drooling tho. ?

#85810 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

unfortunately my wife agrees I am fat, play hell with the fuel consumption.

#85813 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

My better half actually used that as an excuse for me to go on a diet, she said that “carrying round 125kgs can’t help can it” when I was moaning about the crappy 31mpg I’m getting!

I have since lost over a stone but it’s made no difference at all.

#85818 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I have lost a stone down from 15st 7 to 14st 6, I am hoping to get rid of my type 2 diabetes, forgot to add  I have 2 teeth missing (denture used) and advanced hair lose, bit of a looker really.

#85826 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

I use LibreOffice for off line editing and the spell checker in that use to change “Motability” to “notability” until I added Motability to the Libre dictionary.

#85828 Reply

Dragonfly
    Participant

Motability….Mobility

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;

#85829 Reply

philjb

It’s obviously a clerical error, amazing how it takes hours of phone calls sometimes to rectify a mistake.

Im the same oscarmax it takes me ages to type a post and when I read it back I don’t remember typing it?  lol

I have a masters degree too, but my brain Is fogged.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
Reply To: RAC pulling my hair out

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: