R.S.A rebate from Motorbility

• Creator
    Topic
  • #129356 Reply
    davjg
    Participant

Over the summer we all received a £50.00 rebate from RSA for lack of use. Due to lockdown 2, are we due another rebate and should we put pressure on Motorbility to offer one?

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #129369 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

It would be nice

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#129372 Reply
    joss

Agreed that it would be nice. As for putting pressure on, no not really.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#129376 Reply
    Tim

Between a £50 rebate from Lockdown 1 and an advance GCB option I wouldn’t expect anything. They went above and beyond. We already get stupidly good lease deals for the allowance.

#129380 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I reported here on the 6th November that there’s a take over bid from the Canadians and Danes for RSA worth £7.2bn so can’t see them wanting to reduce there assets unless forced to do so.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54835584

If it’s any consultation my 70 plus years old sister in law has only done a couple of hundred miles since last March but her insurance company still had the gall to increase her insurance by £150.

She doesn’t have computer or internet so I did the business for her and got her a couple of hundred off but just shows lockdown or not they won’t hesitate to rip folk off so I say let sleeping Dogs lay.

#129384 Reply
    rox
    Participant

The days of getting a discount for being a loyal customer are over chrisk, they all seem to increase yearly now and auto renew. You have to contact them to cancel as well. One of the great parts of being on the scheme is you ain’t got that hassle every year….

As for a rebate schools are still open so virtually i have done the miles i normally do, during this lockdown.

#129503 Reply
    Newbie1892

I didn’t even get the first rebate ☹️, how did you guys get it.

#129521 Reply
    joss

It was done automatically Newbi1892. Contact Motability customer service and ask them why you did not get it.

Call centre opening times:
    Monday to Friday: 8am – 8pm

Saturday: 9am – 5pm

Tel: 0300 456 4566

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#129555 Reply
    Newbie1892

Hi Joss, thank you for the information stay safe and well.👍

#129557 Reply
    Susan

We didn’t get the first one either. We phoned and they’ve issued another cheque which can take up to 28 days. I wonder how many others didn’t receive it a d don’t even know they should have.

#129564 Reply
    joss

@Susan

I wonder how many others didn’t receive it a d don’t even know they should have.

That’s the wonder of these Forums Susan. You don’t miss out on these things is you check in regularly.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#129567 Reply
    davjg
    Participant

Glad that 2 members have benefited from my post !

#130281 Reply
    Martinod

Does anyone now when the second rebate from RSA will be coming in

#130285 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Does anyone now when the second rebate from RSA will be coming in

I haven’t seen anything anywhere to say Motability customers are to receive a second ‘lock down’ refund/rebate.

There is no mention of a second refund/rebate on the Motability website Covid-19 FAQ’s (where the first refund was announced) nor on the Motability or RSA websites or social media channels.

#130290 Reply
    joss

I have not come across anything either regarding a second refund. @martinod What makes you think there will be a second refund then?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by joss. Reason: speelink misteak

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#130297 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I’m guessing here but I don’t think there will be another rebate?

This is why I think that, the last rebate was based on the fact that Motability with no fault of their own, over charged us because they did not know that we were going to have to stay at home and this in turn reduced claims.

Although many of us are still doing less mileage than normal I assume that Motability premium for this / or next year will take into account the less mileage so the premium will reduce.

That said I don’t know how Motability pay their premium but would assume its some sort of lump sum in advance but they may or may not be paying a reduced amount on there next renewal but don’t know if Motability would pass that on to us with cheaper AP’s or whatever.

Another thing though, has the claims gone back to up to near normal because I’m amazed that despite were all more or less in lockdown the traffic on the roads I would estimate at being around 80% of normal whereas the first lockdown I would say it was around about 20% of normal.

#130345 Reply
    Martinod

I read it on here somewhere last week or the week before i

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: R.S.A rebate from Motorbility
Your information: