Question for Tiguan owners – accessories.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Mo1 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #94022 Reply

DougieB
    Participant

My R-Line Tech should be here in about 5 weeks which means it’s time to start buying all the bits I need to make it ‘mine’.

Thus far, I’ve ordered key blocking pouches and paint scratch protection stickers for the door handles as well as the obligatory veterans badge. On my list are a boot liner, a new dashcam and a box for the centre console.

Can any Tiggy owners recommend anything else worth having?

VW Tiguan R-Line Tech auto in nice shiny black. 🙂

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #94044 Reply

Stuart
    Participant

I would highly recommend a bumper protection sticker for the rear bumper where it meets the boot opening. I have had 2 Tiguans now and they are very susceptible to scratches there when your taking things in and out of the boot no matter how careful you are and with yours been black it will stand out like a sore thumb.

----------------------------
    Tiguan SEL Auto in Tungsten Silver
    Metal Detectorist in my spare time

#94045 Reply

DougieB
    Participant

Good idea. Thanks.

#94049 Reply

JS

For any car but the various boot tidy are a must, and if you have young children apparently the blinds are worth the money

https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/motoring-and-travel/car-and-motor-accessories?q=%3Apopular&page=1

#94134 Reply

joss
    Participant

Don’t forget Team Heko wind deflectors for your side windows. Gives the car a nice look and very practical in allowing you to have window open a little without rain dripping in.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Heko-Wind-Deflectors-for-VW-Tiguan/174056/bn_7055853335

or

https://e-heko.com/en_GB/index?currency=EUR

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#94151 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

The Heko’s are always 1st on my list, modern cars have the electric controls for windows etc directly underneath where all the water pours in, not the best idea really.

#94300 Reply

Carmad
    Participant

I bought one of these for the inside of centre tunnel box? Sorry if it sounds peculiar; brain fog, lol.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QKTW24J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comes from China, I think so a couple of weeks wait but it looks OK to me well worth a fiver.

#94304 Reply

DougieB
    Participant

I bought one of these for the inside of centre tunnel box? Sorry if it sounds peculiar; brain fog, lol. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QKTW24J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Comes from China, I think so a couple of weeks wait but it looks OK to me well worth a fiver.

Looks perfect, thanks.

#94309 Reply

Winston

Yeah I have one of those and they fit perfect! Not actually used it for anything but it fits well lol

i know they give you free VW cables for car play and android auto , but they are far too short for my liking

If I park up and and I’m taking in the sights I want to be able to have my phone on my lap to take a pic, have a nosey online etc whilst still connected to car play

so I bought a longer cable to do just that, can still place it neatly in the wee storage gap under the main screen when I’m driving

I also need to get round to getting rubber mats, I hate carpet ones

#94326 Reply

DougieB
    Participant

Thanks. Just ordered it.

#94327 Reply

Paulie

I’ve just ordered one of those central console boxes and a rubber boot mat. The rubber boot mats are bespoke for the tiguan and Allspace so make sure you order the correct one. Also I think the link above for the central console box tidy thingy is for the older model Tiguan, so again make sure you order the correct one.

#94332 Reply

ZaheerUK76

The first thing I got was genuine leather floor mats – trust when it gets damp/wet/muddy you’ll appreciate them more.

I also ordered a TOguard 4K Dashcam from Amazon – it’s been flawless so far and fits discretely behind the rear view mirror.

id recommend these two items!

Oh – and a silicone key fob protector from Amazon too!

#103799 Reply

Colin
    Participant

Arise dead thread!!!
    Ok so with the R-Line due within the week (or so, starting to wonder lol) I just ordered a set of HEKO’s and a centre console tray… Not sure I’m going to get a boot liner this time – I have one in the Volvo and while it HAS kept the boot immaculate, at least once a month I have to empty everything to reposition it or it fouls the catch and, being brutal about it, as a chair user we don’t get grief for minor damage in the boot anyway.

What else, if anything, should I be considering?  Going to wait to see what comes with the car in terms of mats and I’m 50/50 on a dashcam

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

#103805 Reply

Philjb

I bought fitted rubber Vw mats so much easier to clean and an eBay plastic load protectors mainly due to having a short haired dog, carpet would be full of dog hair and ruined in no time without.
    The load cover does sometimes move and partially cover the latch so I bought a weather proof fabric liner which has a non slip backing that fixes to the rear head rests and covers the whole boot area then I  sit the load protector on it and all is good.
    After a year and a bit the boot is wear and dog hair free.

Like winston I bought a 2m usb lead and leave the short one for rear passengers.

Apart from that I installed speed camera alerts and blue badge bays to the nav very handy.

Bought a Bluetooth dongle to make a few changes to the comfort settings and had the recall done to activate the sunroof mood lights if anyone hasn’t it’s well worth doing.

#103818 Reply

Beau

The guy in the next street has just ordered a Pure White Tiguan R line.

As we to are ordering the exact same car/colour and I want to better the Jones’ and not just keep up with them so ours will be a 4Motion….well the badge on the back I just ordered from VW will say so anyway!

#103819 Reply

Richard

Cancelled my order the other day , have a few things on Tiguan forum for sale .

#103821 Reply

Richard

Here’s a link if anyone’s interest in a few new items I have for sale

https://www.tiguanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6458&sid=57d7d8a55e32d604730d0ac7d3d0a422

#103824 Reply

Carmad

A dash cam is a worthwhile investment. I’ve even set one up in the back window too.

#103856 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

I always get a full rubber boot liner and I have a bumper protector that’s rubber with a velcro top and folds out when you need it, keeps boot/bumper mint and no fouling at all, have put front Heko deflectors on every car and just ordered a pair for the new car, I have a plug-in nextbase dashcam and wouldn’t be without one, the powered magnetic mount makes it a p.o.p. to fit and remove as I won’t leave it on the screen any more after some pleb smashed a window to nick the last one!

#103901 Reply

Ricos
    #103929 Reply

David
    Participant

I bought fitted rubber Vw mats so much easier to clean and an eBay plastic load protectors mainly due to having a short haired dog, carpet would be full of dog hair and ruined in no time without. The load cover does sometimes move and partially cover the latch so I bought a weather proof fabric liner which has a non slip backing that fixes to the rear head rests and covers the whole boot area then I sit the load protector on it and all is good. After a year and a bit the boot is wear and dog hair free. Like winston I bought a 2m usb lead and leave the short one for rear passengers. Apart from that I installed speed camera alerts and blue badge bays to the nav very handy. Bought a Bluetooth dongle to make a few changes to the comfort settings and had the recall done to activate the sunroof mood lights if anyone hasn’t it’s well worth doing.

Would it be possible to post a link for the USB dongle .

Thanks

David

#103931 Reply

Philjb

This is the one I bought very easy to use  shop around though as I’ve seen them cheaper.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F274129055975

#103934 Reply

David
    Participant

Thank you 🙂

#103947 Reply

Philjb

my bad Obd2 dongle not usb.

#103960 Reply

Mo1
    Participant

Hi Zaheer, is the dash cam one that’s not hard wired in?

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
Reply To: Question for Tiguan owners – accessories.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: