Quarter 3 hopes?

• Creator
    Topic
    TheSUVguy
    Participant

19 days left till the new quarter, I’ve spoken to two bmw dealers and one Audi about their motability sales this current quarter and all of them said it’s been slow, hope that means prices come down in the next quarter.

Hopefully the fines dealerships get per electric cars not sold helps bring prices down

even though we’re looking to get an EV next, I would like to see more petrol options on the scheme eg the petrol ix1/2

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 60 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Ant3
      Participant
        Participant

Would love to see Land Rover. The new Defender 90 would be a great addition.
          Also the xc60 and xc90 from Volvo.

long time Land Rover owner since 2001. Never owned anything else. Insurance rocketing along with ridiculous tax has forced me to join the scheme and leave Land Rover. I’ve chosen xc40. Closest I could get to the comfort I’ve had for 20 odd years.

I like sitting outside RAF bases all day pretending to be a photogramapher

Ioniq
          Participant

I passed a car parked at the side of the road today.

It was a BYD Seal, it looked magnificent. Its too low for me, but it is a cracking car. That car should be on the scheme!

Only thing guaranteed this quarter and future ones is a steady decline of ICE vehicles on the scheme.

But looking forward, the style, shape and equipment of todays cars are futuristic. It really is amazing.

TheSUVguy
            Participant

@Glos Guy I remember you saying you’d jump at the x3 if it ever came on the scheme, would love to hear your thoughts on the new design that’s just been announced an hour ago, I feel like they’ve really ruined the exterior, who knows it might sell so badly that it’ll end up on the scheme

interesting also now bmw are separating their i cars from the petrol version, so the ix3 will be a different design, its own car if you like

BigDave
              Participant

Would love to see Land Rover. The new Defender 90 would be a great addition. Also the xc60 and xc90 from Volvo. long time Land Rover owner since 2001. Never owned anything else. Insurance rocketing along with ridiculous tax has forced me to join the scheme and leave Land Rover. I’ve chosen xc40. Closest I could get to the comfort I’ve had for 20 odd years.

I did have a look and 48hr extended test drive in the Defender when I was looking for a new 4×4 though I simply didn’t like its new rather plasticky feel and engine choice.

In the end I went for an Ineos Grenadier – now that is what the Land Rover Defender should have been. Much more rugged, capable and comfortable, both off road and on.

I still have an older Defender and a Series 3 in one of the barns – these were proper Land Rovers in my book.

Alexis
                Participant

I would like to see the 2 door BMW coupe (or anything 2 door) as I really don’t know how wheelchair users get their chair onto the passenger seat! Failing that the new Mini Cooper S petrol would be great. I can’t see me having an EV as I live in a flat and I doubt I would get a home charger.

72 dudes
                  Participant

I passed a car parked at the side of the road today. It was a BYD Seal, it looked magnificent. Its too low for me, but it is a cracking car. That car should be on the scheme! Only thing guaranteed this quarter and future ones is a steady decline of ICE vehicles on the scheme. But looking forward, the style, shape and equipment of todays cars are futuristic. It really is amazing.

I like the look of the Seal and would like to try one.

However there’s a few road test comparisons on YouTube which give me some doubts.

On the one hand most say it’s a good car and the best one BYD currently make.

On the other, they say that it lacks a bit of polish in ride comfort, build quality and refinement compared to its key rivals, namely the Tesla Model 3, the BMW i4 and the Polestar 2.

But value for money is outstanding and it would be a good addition to the scheme.

2024 - BMW i4 Grand Coupe eDrive 35 Sport
                    2020 - Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription
                    2017 - Audi Q3 TFSi Sport S-Tronic

Fastbike1000
                    Participant

Would love to see Land Rover. The new Defender 90 would be a great addition. Also the xc60 and xc90 from Volvo. long time Land Rover owner since 2001. Never owned anything else. Insurance rocketing along with ridiculous tax has forced me to join the scheme and leave Land Rover. I’ve chosen xc40. Closest I could get to the comfort I’ve had for 20 odd years.

I did have a look and 48hr extended test drive in the Defender when I was looking for a new 4×4 though I simply didn’t like its new rather plasticky feel and engine choice. In the end I went for an Ineos Grenadier – now that is what the Land Rover Defender should have been. Much more rugged, capable and comfortable, both off road and on. I still have an older Defender and a Series 3 in one of the barns – these were proper Land Rovers in my book.

I would love the Defender to come on but it would have to be the 110.

It’s nice to see some other Landy owners on here, like you BigDave I’ve still got a couple of landys a 1963 series 2a and a 1998 300tdi Defender CSW. I’m lucky I’ve got a Ineos Grenadier dealer ten minutes away and every chance I get I’m in there drooling over them😁. How are you finding the Ineos?

BigDave
                      Participant

I did have a look and 48hr extended test drive in the Defender when I was looking for a new 4×4 though I simply didn’t like its new rather plasticky feel and engine choice. In the end I went for an Ineos Grenadier – now that is what the Land Rover Defender should have been. Much more rugged, capable and comfortable, both off road and on. I still have an older Defender and a Series 3 in one of the barns – these were proper Land Rovers in my book.

I would love the Defender to come on but it would have to be the 110. It’s nice to see some other Landy owners on here, like you BigDave I’ve still got a couple of landys a 1963 series 2a and a 1998 300tdi Defender CSW. I’m lucky I’ve got a Ineos Grenadier dealer ten minutes away and every chance I get I’m in there drooling over them😁. How are you finding the Ineos?

Hi fb,

I really like and rate the Grenadier. Infact, I prefer it to the LR Discovery Commercial I had prior to the Grenadier.

The Grenadier is ideal for trucking around our farms (it never gets stuck) or towing the stock trailer down to the mart, but is equally happy on the open roads and motorways.  Infact, I took it down from North Yorkshire to Heathrow on my last USA trip and really enjoyed the drive for once.

It is better screwed together than the new Defender I had on demo (no rattles etc) and much less plasticky. The BMW sourced diesel engine is a dream as is the auto gearbox. No faults with it at all so far.

Overall, I am very impressed with it. It is sometimes difficult to decide whether to go out in the Grenadier or my X6!

Participant

I’d love a defender/series. Not the new one. Bloody ugly. But if it came on the scheme I might actually go for it. The shape is more like what the disco should have been, not the new sporty/evoque styles 🤮.
                          Don’t like the way JLR are going with all models being targeted at the luxury market. Full Fat RR is the luxury Land Rover and should stay that way. It’ll certainly be a sad day when my new car comes 😢

I like sitting outside RAF bases all day pretending to be a photogramapher

MFillingham
                          Participant

You do realise the retail price on these?  Motability don’t offer anything over £55k, the only thing you’d get would be poverty spec and, probably, at a huge AP.  Still keen?

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
                            I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Glos Guy
                            Participant

@Glos Guy I remember you saying you’d jump at the x3 if it ever came on the scheme, would love to hear your thoughts on the new design that’s just been announced an hour ago, I feel like they’ve really ruined the exterior, who knows it might sell so badly that it’ll end up on the scheme interesting also now bmw are separating their i cars from the petrol version, so the ix3 will be a different design, its own car if you like

I’m not a huge fan of BMWs new stying direction. In almost all cases, I think that their new models aren’t as attractive as the ones that they replace. For example, I prefer the look of our 2021 X1 to the new X1/iX1. I’ve got used to the front and side profile now, but I still think that the rear is very awkward. The rear of the X2/iX2 is better, but the car itself is impractical. My car of choice would be an X5 and I’m in the frustrating position of being able to afford to buy one, but my wife cannot get into it and the split tailgate is a pain for loading a wheelchair. All is not well there though, as it had a minor facelift last year which IMHO doesn’t look as good as the pre-facelift model (the headlights are now too narrow for the size of the car IMO) and the standard leather has been relegated to an option.

I tend to reserve judgement until I see new cars in the flesh though, as sometimes I recoil in horror at pictures of new models (which you are looking at in one dimension) but when I see the car on the road it looks much better. An example is the new 7 Series, which I thought looked awful in photos. I saw a non-MSport model on the road the other day and it was a seriously imposing looking car. In fact, my wife thought it was a Bentley or Rolls Royce. It certainly had as much road presence as a Bentley and looked far better than it does in photos.

There are, however, some BMWs that look as ugly in the flesh as they do in photos, and I’d count the iX, XM and X7 in that category, although I still think that the ugliest BMW ever made remains the original i3 😂

Given how brilliant petrol BMWs are to drive and their near perfect blend of performance, economy and refinement, I’d put up with some dodgy looks in order to get another one, but sadly that choice is no more for Motability customers. I didn’t like the two BMW EVs that I had on all day tests, but doubt that we will see any decent petrol cars come onto the scheme now, other than the tiddlers. I can’t see the X3 appearing (old or new models) so I think the best I can hope for is the X1 PHEV. It would still be a compromise, but I think I’d prefer that to anything that is currently on the scheme.

lee6613
                              Participant

Just seen this on a Facebook group, looks like the KGM Torres may be joining for those that have been waiting

Fastbike1000
                                Participant

I would love the Defender to come on but it would have to be the 110. It’s nice to see some other Landy owners on here, like you BigDave I’ve still got a couple of landys a 1963 series 2a and a 1998 300tdi Defender CSW. I’m lucky I’ve got a Ineos Grenadier dealer ten minutes away and every chance I get I’m in there drooling over them😁. How are you finding the Ineos?

Hi fb, I really like and rate the Grenadier. Infact, I prefer it to the LR Discovery Commercial I had prior to the Grenadier. The Grenadier is ideal for trucking around our farms (it never gets stuck) or towing the stock trailer down to the mart, but is equally happy on the open roads and motorways. Infact, I took it down from North Yorkshire to Heathrow on my last USA trip and really enjoyed the drive for once. It is better screwed together than the new Defender I had on demo (no rattles etc) and much less plasticky. The BMW sourced diesel engine is a dream as is the auto gearbox. No faults with it at all so far. Overall, I am very impressed with it. It is sometimes difficult to decide whether to go out in the Grenadier or my X6!

Nice one. The dealer allowed me to test drive one a few months ago even though he knew I wasn’t going to order one, mind you I did go to the dealer in the defender so he knew I was into off riders but at 70k it’s a bit out of my budget.

LordMuc
                                  Participant

The new petrol minis in jcw guise, or cooper S.  Should be in dealers at end of july.

fwippers
                                    Participant

I have not posted on here for ages, and had a look at the Motability offerings today for the 1st time in ages. We appear to have a much better choice now.

Glos Guy
                                      Participant

I have not posted on here for ages, and had a look at the Motability offerings today for the 1st time in ages. We appear to have a much better choice now.

If you want an EV or PHEV, and can afford the very high APs, then the choice isn’t too bad. If, however, you want a decent sized car that isn’t an EV or PHEV, the choice remains poor. I have extended our lease for the first time ever as there is nothing that we would prefer to our current 3 year old BMW.

cw
                                        Participant
                                          • Like wise Glos, we’ve extended our 3 year old tiguan for 2 more years, got 16 months left, hoping for some new petrol/diesel options to come on next week
                                          Glos Guy
                                          Participant
                                            • Like wise Glos, we’ve extended our 3 year old tiguan for 2 more years, got 16 months left, hoping for some new petrol/diesel options to come on next week

Someone has reported that the new Tiguan should be joining the scheme in July. We’ve had a few 2.0 litre Tiguans over the years, but I fear that all we might be offered is the 1.5 petrol and / or the PHEV which I suspect will be at an eye watering AP. Then, of course, there’s the issue of which model(s) we’d be offered. The spec on the new Tiguan isn’t as good as the old model, so even the best equipped Elegance now excludes iQ matrix headlights and it irritates me beyond belief that even the top spec models still don’t have leather as standard and it costs over £2k to add it!

Participant

Just seen this on a Facebook group, looks like the KGM Torres may be joining for those that have been waiting

Shame that they haven’t released the AWD version in the UK yet as I may well have been interested in the Torres if they had. The motoring mags just keep churning out the same line that ‘it will be here soon’ but won’t give a date.

MM5
                                              Participant

Honestly just want them to reduce APs it’s all a joke now.

lee6613
                                                Participant

The AWD version is priced on KGM website and there is an AWD model on auto trader so I’m assuming you can order it

Participant

The AWD version is priced on KGM website and there is an AWD model on auto trader so I’m assuming you can order it

Nope! I’ve asked two different KGM dealers and have also just been onto the KGM website to check after reading your post. They, and it are still saying summer 2024 for the AWD, which I suppose could be anytime, but I would have thought they would give the dealers a bit of a heads up if it was anytime soon.

solent60
                                                    Participant

I would like to see the 2 door BMW coupe (or anything 2 door) as I really don’t know how wheelchair users get their chair onto the passenger seat! Failing that the new Mini Cooper S petrol would be great. I can’t see me having an EV as I live in a flat and I doubt I would get a home charger.

You should definitely check out the Abarth 695 Competizione in that case!

V8bart
                                                      Participant

Being silly, Three letters G T and I.

Even if it did, I’d expect it to be too expensive.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 60 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.