Quarter 3 hopes?

• Creator
    Topic
    TheSUVguy
    Participant

19 days left till the new quarter, I’ve spoken to two bmw dealers and one Audi about their motability sales this current quarter and all of them said it’s been slow, hope that means prices come down in the next quarter.

Hopefully the fines dealerships get per electric cars not sold helps bring prices down

even though we’re looking to get an EV next, I would like to see more petrol options on the scheme eg the petrol ix1/2

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

I bet it’ll be cheaper to buy carbon credits off other manufacturers that have done better with EV sales than lower prices to retail/lease customers, not to mention Audi have the rest of the VW group to fall back on if needed.

That said the AP increase on the Q4 ths quarter was un warranted imo, so maybe price’s will fall back to where they were.

MickC
        Participant

Be nice to see the Mustang Mach E 2024 model get a VTN and be below £4k.

Be nice to see the Ford Explorer come onto the scheme after a long delay.

Ioniq 5 to have its AP reduced even further and have those reduced AP’s be accepted for the facelifted 24/25 model.

Glos Guy
          Participant

Like others, I’d like to see a better choice of petrol cars (another vote here for the X1), but I fear that the focus will still be on EVs.

Our current X1 is due a service and it’s first MOT next month, and when discussing a loan car I asked if they had any petrol or PHEV X1’s that I could try (I’ve already tested two different iX1s – a 20e M-Sport and 30e XLine – and didn’t like either). The response was interesting. Almost all the cars that they are registering as demonstrators and loan cars at present are EVs in order to meet their targets (presumably because not enough paying customers are ordering them). I think we can assume that this means that manufacturers will continue to see Motability as an easy route towards meeting their EV targets, given that private buyers aren’t going for them.

Somebody mentioned that the new Tiguan was joining in July. Probably just the 1.5 petrol, but the PHEV would be a good addition, albeit APs would probably be horrendous.

Brydo
            Participant

I sure hope so Glos Guy.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
              Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

MFillingham
              Participant

I’d like to see Mercedes see the error of their egos and have the EQA at a reasonable price.  I’d like to see the Mach E with a wider range availability.

Potentially an unpopular opinion but I don’t think I’d be so gracious if the Ioniq 5 dropped significantly again 😂😂

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
                I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Fastbike1000
                Participant

Theirs a few cars I would like to see, all EVs .
                  The BYD Seal. Like a few others on here who have taken a fancy to it, the Seal looks a really good car. I’m lucky enough to have a dealer not too far away from me in Shrewsbury.

The Kia EV 3. I quite like the design and looks so I definitely would like to see it come on the scheme. I think it would suit quite a few people.

The Kia EV 6 GTs. I test drove the “normal “ GT a few months ago and loved it but the lack of electric tailgate put a dampener on it, knackered elbows,  but the S that’s a different story.

Oscarmax
                  Participant

Theirs a few cars I would like to see, all EVs . The BYD Seal. Like a few others on here who have taken a fancy to it, the Seal looks a really good car. I’m lucky enough to have a dealer not too far away from me in Shrewsbury. The Kia EV 3. I quite like the design and looks so I definitely would like to see it come on the scheme. I think it would suit quite a few people. The Kia EV 6 GTs. I test drove the “normal “ GT a few months ago and loved it but the lack of electric tailgate put a dampener on it, knackered elbows, but the S that’s a different story.

The Kia EV3 I have read has a 82kWh battery option

wmcforum
                    Which Mobility Car

The Citroen e:C3, budget electric car, aimed at the young un’s – at £23k we are talking £4000 cheaper than the Chinese MG4 offering. This is the dawning of Electric cars being affordable:

MM5
                      Participant

A nice 7 Seater Hybrid or Full electric with good MPG / Range

Hyundai Santa Fe

Kia Sorento

Mercedes GLB

VW ID Buzz

The Top Spec E-Berlingo and Top Spec e-Combo

cw
                        Participant

Petrol X1

Petrol X2

Q3, more trim options

Tiguan R Line

Audi might add the S Line, and VW are apparently adding the new Tiguan

Won’t hold my breath on the BMW though

wmcforum
                          Which Mobility Car

Sadly they do not make the seven seat version of either of these cars in the top trim, what is available is already on the scheme.

MM5
                            Participant

Sadly they do not make the seven seat version of either of these cars in the top trim, what is available is already on the scheme.

Ah, that makes sense why then. 🙁 Do think they look a little cheap compared to their top trims.

Currently have the Tarraco FR4 and renew in october, done 42,000 miles at 26mpg average. I can not wait to get rid.

Participant

BMW 2 Series Coupe.

A little RWD Fun 😁

I’m more likely to win Eurovision though and I can’t sing

Imiller9
                                Participant

Something with a raised driving position, electrically adjustable seats, electric boot, auto and cruise for less than the seemingly compulsory £4k AP would be nice.

shawry
                                  Participant

Im hoping for a reduction on the Scenic AP, and not hike for the Ioniq and the Enyaq as they are my current shortlist.

I can order in August, and it cant come soon enough, I need to move to fully EV as Im spending a fortune on fuel even with the PHEV.

MFillingham
                                    Participant

Something with a raised driving position, electrically adjustable seats, electric boot, auto and cruise for less than the seemingly compulsory £4k AP would be nice.

Ioniq 5 Ultimate ticks all those boxes and you can get the tech pack and still have change from 4 grand, heck you can get the range topping Namsan Edition for less than that.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.

Mark

shawry
                                      Participant

Ioniq 5 Ultimate ticks all those boxes and you can get the tech pack and still have change from 4 grand, heck you can get the range topping Namsan Edition for less than that.

Im liking the look of being able to pull the car out of a parking space before getting in it, It wasnt top of my list, but I think it might be now, though I like the Scenic range and the infotainment.

Ant3
                                        Participant

Simple – an electric estate big enough to carry all our mobility equipment. I know the Pug 308 and Astra are already on the list, but their range is piss poor. It’s too early for the VW ID7 tourer, but the ID7 hatchback would be good.

Oh, and fewer silly (i.e. £8k) advance payments.

MFillingham
                                          Participant

Simple – an electric estate big enough to carry all our mobility equipment. I know the Pug 308 and Astra are already on the list, but their range is piss poor. It’s too early for the VW ID7 tourer, but the ID7 hatchback would be good. Oh, and fewer silly (i.e. £8k) advance payments.

Enyaq is huge, that’s a massive boot for not a huge AP even for a good spec AWD.

Im liking the look of being able to pull the car out of a parking space before getting in it, It wasnt top of my list, but I think it might be now, though I like the Scenic range and the infotainment.

Yeah, it’s not needed often because I mostly use disabled spaces but there’s been a couple of times where I got boxed in and couldn’t open my door fully, pressing a few buttons on the remote and the car is accessible.  The poor guy in the car on the passenger side was half dozing whilst waiting for his Mrs, then the car beside him moved in its own, safe to say he was fully conscious rapidly. 😂😂

Mark

Ant3
                                            Participant

Simple – an electric estate big enough to carry all our mobility equipment. I know the Pug 308 and Astra are already on the list, but their range is piss poor. It’s too early for the VW ID7 tourer, but the ID7 hatchback would be good. Oh, and fewer silly (i.e. £8k) advance payments.

Enyaq is huge, that’s a massive boot for not a huge AP even for a good spec AWD.

I think of an Enyaq is an SUV, not an estate. We’ve looked at one – twice – and can’t seem to get keen about it.

What we’d *really* like is another Volvo estate like the previous 3 examples we’ve had on Motability, but sadly all they make now is SUVs.

Imiller9
                                              Participant

Unfortunately full electric an issue, no off street parking

Volts
                                                Participant

VW Passat/Skoda Superb

The only ones where i would consider ditching my recent Subaru order as i need maximum load space .(then again not much in it)

solent60
                                                  Participant

Mazda MX-5.

I say that every quarter… and every quarter it never happens (although it was once on the scheme a long, long time ago of course).

Great to see the crazy ABARTH 695 Competizione make the scheme the other day. Makes you wonder if that can make it – why can’t the MX-5?

Come on Motability. About time you added some ‘fun’ cars to the scheme one last time – before dinosaur juice powered cars disappear forever!

Wazza
                                                    Participant

Mid SUV EV suitable for under 25s or DL raising the insurance group limit/power rating so more choices for under 25s.

Batfastard
                                                      Participant

For me the reason to leave the scheme was the lack of good sized diesels. I had the Tiguan All space 2.0 diesel and found the 1.5 petrol ‘lacking’ in performance and economy. Might go for Hybrid at a pinch but would love for Tiguan R or Skoda Kodiak in diesel. In my humble opinion this so called climate change is a bit ‘far fetched’.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.