Qashqai gets new auto gearbox

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Richard Harding 2 days, 22 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #68368 Reply

Stuart

Saw advert on the TV last night stating the new Qashqai now has a duel clutch auto box instead of the woeful CVT. Looking at the Nissan website this is confirmed, the CVT box is the sole reason i never considered this car but now it looks very inviting. Top spec with a 160bhp petrol engine comes in at 1699 AP which i think is a bargain considering you get every extra known to man, true it wont suit everyone but a corker of a deal for some.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #68377 Reply

joss
    Participant

Which model is this exactly Stuart ? link if possible thanks

Joss

#68378 Reply

Confusicated
    Participant
    #68381 Reply

Stuart

Sorry, yes Confusicated is right. Looking at the Nissan configuration tool i think the only thing missing is a tow bar or side steps almost everything else is standard on that model.

#68405 Reply

Macca

We had a look at one two years ago having run an earlier model from 09 to 12. We found the boot to be too compact in the current model, and couldn’t comfortably get my wifes folding walking frame in. Shame really especially as the boot in the older model seemed much bigger.

#68414 Reply

POPS

That CVT box was awful.  A duel clutch auto will make it an attractive proposition if the AP is reasonable.

#68415 Reply

djbasics
    Participant

@pops Whats your issue with the CVT box? why is it so bad compared to other gear boxes

regards

DJ

#68417 Reply

POPS

djb, I test drove both the Qashqai and XTrail with CVT boxes and they were frighteningly slow at pulling away in potentially dangerous situations such as traffic islands and T junctions. I put my foot on the accelerator and crept forward initially! When the cars were up to speed any acceleration from that spot was met by an alarming increase in rev noise as though the clutch was slipping, while giving a very lethargic response.

I found both test drives unnerving after being used to the immediate quiet response of a duel clutch auto, which was a shame because they were both well equipped and comfortable cars.

#68419 Reply

Stuart

I have driven several cars with CVT boxes and none impressed, as POPs said they are very slow at pulling away and the revving between gears would drive me nuts. At £1699 fully loaded if it fits your needs its a little cracker in my book now it has a DCT.

#68425 Reply

djbasics
    Participant

We had a Citroen Grand Picasso 1.6 vtr+ years ago and that seems terrible setting off from a standing start, very sluggish, ok once upto speed, but never again

#68433 Reply

Bandit

Yep, my ears pricked up when I heard/saw that advert. Like others I’ve avoided Nissan over past years because of them insisting on using their awful CVT.

Only fun CVT I ever drove was a Daf99! Lol.

#68495 Reply

solent60
    Participant

My current car is the Toyota C-HR 1.2 turbo with the CVT box. I can’t speak on behalf of Nissan’s CVT gearboxes because I’ve never owned or driven one in 40-odd years of driving – but I have to say I am pretty impressed with the Toyota – especially in ‘Sport’ mode. There’s definitely no lag when pulling away from a standing start & the C-HR is plenty powerful enough whether in town, on country roads or on the motorway.

Incidentally, I think the C-HR looks beautiful and is probably THE most comfortable car to drive I’ve ever owned!

#68497 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

In 2009 our Toyota dealer lent use a Toyota IQ 1.3 with CVT gearbox will our Ago was having warranty work, we were so impressed we nearly brought it.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Oscarmax.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#68622 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

The new 1.3 petrol engine in the Qashqai is shared with the new Mercedes A-Class (also in Renault Kadjar), it was developed in a partnership between the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance and Mercedes-Benz.

#68803 Reply

Richard Harding

I really like the look of the Qashqai but I’m having no luck with trying to find out if has an electric tailgate on the tekna + model

#68810 Reply

Confusicated
    Participant

Richard,

According to the Nissan configurator, none of them have a power tailgate, not even as an optional extra. At least so far as I can see.

#68812 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I really like the look of the Qashqai but I’m having no luck with trying to find out if has an electric tailgate on the tekna + model

No power tailgate available for the Qashqai, there never has been. Strange but true.

#68855 Reply

Richard Harding

Thanks for the help guys, looks like my shortlist has been shortened by 2 cars 😁

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Qashqai gets new auto gearbox

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: