Motability Deals And Offers

• Creator
    Topic
  • #125361 Reply
    JS

With the New Quarter here, let’s keep hunting them deals down. And a big Thank you to BigDave for all you sterling efforts and finds and everyone that takes the time to keep others informed, its much appreciated.

The Mod Team

• This topic was modified 5 months ago by JS.
Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 242 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #136826 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Dave is it my imagination or are we getting more deals than usual? As always, great work.

Hi Brydo,

I don’t know if we are getting more deals overall, just some more are appearing now.

I think when the latest lockdown started, there was a bit of a dearth of offers, but many dealers may be finding they are behind on targets etc, so are now creating offers to generate sales.

Bearing in mind ‘walk in’ sales would not currently be permitted but as Motability do currently permit ‘remote ordering’, it is a good way for dealers to attempt to hit their sales targets.

#136827 Reply
    Brydo

Dave this pandemic has shown that the two visits, in person, motability normally insist on, are not required. Many disabled could do without this added  trip and I don’t see why, with all the technology at our fingertips, literally, we can’t do away with the first trip.

#136831 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Dave this pandemic has shown that the two visits, in person, motability normally insist on, are not required. Many disabled could do without this added trip and I don’t see why, with all the technology at our fingertips, literally, we can’t do away with the first trip.

I think (in normal times) the reason Motability insist on the first visit, is mainly so the customer can ensure the vehicle is suitable (ie having a test drive or making sure the wheelchair fits in the boot etc) before placing the order. That way, Motability cut down the odds of a customer ‘early terminating’ the vehicle as not suitable a few months down the line.

As you say though, in this technological day and age, and as due to Covid they are permitting ‘remote ordering’ it may persuade Motability to eventually permit ‘remote ordering’ in the future. It will probably be an interesting excercise for Motability to monitor how many early terminations are made by ‘remote ordering’ customers versus the normal ‘two visit’ system.

#137002 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Macklin Motors (Hyundai Edinburgh East) have today posted on their fb page that they are offering £100 off the AP of the Hyundai Tucson 1.6 petrol SE Nav manual. Current normal AP £399 – now £299. Probably stock only as it appears it is the outgoing model:

https://www.macklinmotors.co.uk/find-a-dealer/hyundai-edinburgh-east/?fbclid=IwAR3Oj74-6O6ZQZJPW4JlAuRx2-kYdaGqoykBmEiQS8QTbyAs15nDSvsDeNo

#137018 Reply
    Shaun

Was there an offer on SEAT? Can’t seem to find it or a figure, if someone could point me in the right direction. Cheers

#137022 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Was there an offer on SEAT? Can’t seem to find it or a figure, if someone could point me in the right direction. Cheers

Yes, from a post a few pages back (post #134498):

Motability Deals And Offers

#137025 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Shaun, also post #131974 from December giving the amounts of reduction off AP’s

#137078 Reply
    Scott

Hi Shaun,

I emailed Azar as above a few weeks ago but sadly never got a reply.

I did however look into dealerships near me and emailed JCT600 in Sheffield about the new Seat Ateca Xperience Lux DSG and if they offered money off APs. Within 5 minutes they’d called me back and offered £300 off the AP of £1749 bringing it down to £1449. No haggling needed! If you’re in the Sheffield area give them a call/email, or even contact your local dealership and ask them the question. I was surprised how easy it was.

We (or should I say my partner) picks up her new Seat Ateca Xperience Lux DSG next Friday and she can’t wait. We could pick it up this Monday if we were available, so 2 weeks after initially enquiring everything has been signed, dotted and checked so we couldn’t have asked for a quicker turnaround for a first Motability car. The only problem is it’s click and collect so they can’t show us anything in the car, but apparently they’re recording a video for us to watch when we collect to go through the basics (I’ve never driven an automatic or anything bigger than a hatchback so hopefully the video cover off what’s needed!).

#137087 Reply
    Shaun

Sorry folks, was busy last night. Thanks for the replies, will have a look into it

#137130 Reply
    Markymate
    Participant

Shaun, if you can’t get hold of Azar, give Nathan a try. I know he’s not in the office at the moment but is picking up his emails.

nathan.tubb@thejcbgroup.co.uk

#137131 Reply
    Mmoreton5

Nathan was great for replying I must say. Azar didn’t reply, however.

Does anyone know of any Peugeot deals??

#137132 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Nathan was great for replying I must say. Azar didn’t reply, however. Does anyone know of any Peugeot deals??

Been asking the same question for ages myself. Peugeot are notoriously difficult to get any kind of Motability discount off the AP.

#137134 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Regards Peugeot, the phrase “blood from stone” comes to mind, 31 attempts at contact never mind getting a discount made during my search in 2019 and 3 responses, none of which involved a discount, I did find a good dealer however in Robins & Day Sheffield (Nick Fitzgerald).

#137143 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Regards Peugeot, the phrase “blood from stone” comes to mind, 31 attempts at contact never mind getting a discount made during my search in 2019 and 3 responses, none of which involved a discount, I did find a good dealer however in Robins & Day Sheffield (Nick Fitzgerald).

Indeed vinalspin.

We have Snows Group all along the South coast here – Peugeot, Toyota, BMW, MINI, etc, etc. A large dealership group who, once in a while, give a discount on BMW & MINI… but never on their Peugeot franchise for some reason. I can only assume that’s because they are pressurised from Peugeot HQ/UK not to give any deals?

#137144 Reply
    MickC

@Scott   Well done on getting the reduction in the AP,the car you are getting is obviously a stock vehicle,did they have many for you to choose from ie colour and spec.

You a Sheffield lad ? i live 2 miles from JCT.

#137148 Reply
    EuroSkodaSEAT
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

Shaun, if you can’t get hold of Azar, give Nathan a try. I know he’s not in the office at the moment but is picking up his emails. nathan.tubb@thejcbgroup.co.uk

</p>

Thanks Mark!

If you are interested in Skoda or SEAT please drop me an email going forward as Azar is on furlough having come down with Covid 19 himself and we don’t expect him back until potentially March.

Nathan.tubb@thejcbgroup.co.uk

Happy to help with stock vehicles for SEAT and Skoda. Both have reasonable availability still for Feb/March.

Thanks

Nathan

#137157 Reply
    Markymate
    Participant

No worries Nathan, thought there must be something wrong as Azar has been excellent dealing with me and has always answered my emails and calls.

Really looking forward to coming down and picking up the new car.

#137174 Reply
    MickC

Its a shame Seat are’nt including a very affordable “Cupra” in the range,the Formentor is a very stylish looking car for an SUV.

#137175 Reply
    EuroSkodaSEAT
    Participant

Hi Mick,

Never say never with the new 1.5 engine coming soon in the Formentor.

#137219 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Furrows Ford in Telford, Shrewsbury and Oswestry are offering £150 cashback (and some reduced Motability AP’s) on Ford vehicles if ordered before 28th February 2021:

Example Fiesta, but other models in the link below.

Link: https://www.furrows.co.uk/ford/car-offers/motability/

T&C’s:

£150 Cashback on your motability order: *Place your motability order before 28th February 2021 and receive £150 cashback, this cashback can be used to reduce your Advance Payment or received as a cheque. Cheque payable within 30 days of delivery of your vehicle. Not available in conjunction with any other offers.

#137241 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Probably not the most generous of offers, but Bristol Street Motors Nissan in Darlington are offering the following ‘freebies’ via their fb page for Motability cars collected before the end of March 2021. If you are getting a Nissan from them, then it could be worth mentioning it to them to get the ‘freebies’:

#137259 Reply
    Scott

@MickC – I was a Sheffield lad for 15 years up until October ’19 before moving down the M1 to Creswell. Still work there though but not since the beginning of the pandemic in March.

Correct the car is stock. We were only interested in the Xperience Lux DSG 1.5 to have all the bells and whistles including full leather seats. We’ve got our first child due in May so it seemed the most practical option. Plus room in the boot for the dogs to! We never asked about any other specs in stock.

JCT600 initially said they had one in stock in Rhodium Grey, but the next day upon calling us back that had gone (their inventory is updated manually). They then managed to source one in Black Magic which we were still happy with. The grey was our preference but black is the only other colour we preferred. Strangely Seat removed the red colour from their online configurator the next day (and I still don’t think it’s on there) so they may be running low on the colour red!

#138189 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

I am not sure why Renault uk has decided to take the best Clio off motability the 1.3 RS Line edc, it is faster than the 1.6 rs Line and the engine is super smooth if i was ordering now for a Renault i would not choose any of the Clio range i would go to Peugeot 208 with there GT 8 speed auto a shame that is it may come back onto the scheme.

#138190 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

I have noticed the Renault Megane RS Line 140 edc is also not on the scheme it used to be.

#138946 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

A bit of a dearth of Motability deals and offers at the moment (possibly due to lockdown), but one in Scotland is £250 cashback on the electric Corsa-E  at Scottish Vauxhall (Mackays of Dingwall, Autovision in Inverness and Regency in Buckie and Elgin). *Prices valid for applications accepted 1 January – 31 March 2021.

Link: https://www.scottishvauxhall.co.uk/motability-offers/corsa-e/

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 242 total)
Reply To: Motability Deals And Offers
Your information: