Q2 News and Prices

• Creator
    Topic
  • #143779 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Quarter 2 (Spring) prices are launched on 1st April.

Please post here any news and information on new prices.

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #144188 Reply
    Zed

You can order from previous Quarter price list. Its in the rules.

usually the car is ordered and a deposit is taken to get order in place.  Than once paperwork comes through the car showroom will process it.

i have done this before as have other users. I dont think the rules have changed.

#144189 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

You can order from previous Quarter price list. Its in the rules. usually the car is ordered and a deposit is taken to get order in place. Than once paperwork comes through the car showroom will process it. i have done this before as have other users. I dont think the rules have changed.

That’s a new one on me, but you may be correct, especially if you’ve done it before.  I’m only going on my personal knowledge and that was that you could only order in the 3 month window before the end of the lease?

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#144190 Reply
    Zed

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I think its may vary from one seller to another.

</p>
    when i got my BMW x1 i was due to exchange in June. We had test drives in January and ordered the X1 with a deposit.

Paper work was completed in March to be in the 3 months as motab dont send it out earlier. But bmw did not have any issues with me ordering infact it was them who suggested it after my test drive to secure the deal

#144194 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I think its may vary from one seller to another. </p> when i got my BMW x1 i was due to exchange in June. We had test drives in January and ordered the X1 with a deposit. Paper work was completed in March to be in the 3 months as motab dont send it out earlier. But bmw did not have any issues with me ordering infact it was them who suggested it after my test drive to secure the deal

That sounds very much like the dealer was being exceptionally helpful and ordering a car and taking a risk that Motability might not honour the order in a few months time.  Great dealer, but that was not an order going through motability, just a dealer jumping the gun

Previous Motability Cars

#144195 Reply
    Georgie

Now have to call my brother to tell him Golf TSi 1.5 R-line he wants has just gone up by £200.

#144199 Reply
    Zed

I have a appointment boomed with volvo next month and they confirmed they would do the same.

so its worth asking i guess. BMW had said i would only lose my deposit if i cancelled. If the deals not approved i guess it just means they have another order I’m queue.

the advantage was that we secured a production date even though BMW missed it by 3 months.

i am also looking at the Audi Q3 so not 100% decided, will keep an eye out on what other deals are floating around

#144201 Reply
    shaun pearson

just orded 5008 gt  very happy with price and spec

#144208 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I did the same as Zed with our current Tiguan. The previous lease expired end June 2018, which meant that we could order (with Motability) from end March 2018. However, thanks to this forum, I knew that new Tiguans were taking up to 6 months, so I ordered the car in January 2018. Keep in mind that the order is placed by the dealer, whereas the Motability side of it is just admin, so as long as the dealer is happy (I paid a deposit to show willing, as they are ‘at risk’ by doing so) you can get in the build queue much earlier. I ended up having the car at the end of June, exactly when the old lease expired, so it worked perfectly.

However, even if the dealer is willing, there are some risks. If the AP changes by the time that the 3 month Motability order window opens, you have to pay the new price. You might be lucky (if it’s dropped) but could have a nasty surprise (if it goes up significantly). Also, if the car that you have ordered is removed from the scheme by the time that your 3 month window opens, you would have to ask the dealer to cancel your orders and hope that they don’t quibble over refunding any deposit. As we ordered in Jan from the same quarterly price list that we would have been choosing from in March, we decided that the risk was negligible and, as I say, it worked out perfectly. I don’t think I’d risk ordering in the quarter before the 3 month official order window opened though.

#144211 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

Peugeots 5008 have all reduced to really great prices. I ordered an Allure Premium on 30th March so was paying an extra £650 but I’ve spoke to dealer and he’s already changed it to the new price for me.

I currently have a Touran SEL which was £1299 three years ago, and have always thought it was a bit of a bargain on scheme but today its £3349 which is just unfathomable.

Current car
    Peugeot 5008 Allure Premium
    Previous Cars
    VW Touran SEL

#144212 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Peugeots 5008 have all reduced to really great prices. I ordered an Allure Premium on 30th March so was paying an extra £650 but I’ve spoke to dealer and he’s already changed it to the new price for me. I currently have a Touran SEL which was £1299 three years ago, and have always thought it was a bit of a bargain on scheme but today its £3349 which is just unfathomable.

Thats great news. The BMW X1 that I ordered on Monday only dropped by £100 today, so I didn’t have the nerve to ask the dealer to cancel and re-order. However, they proactively emailed me to say that they were doing it anyway, which I thought was excellent service.

#144215 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

@Glos Guy my dealer had said to me he’d been ringing his customers to tell them of the changes in price which is excellent sevice if true. The good thing for me is it still means I should be able to change on my original handover date which is a week and a half away. So very happy and excited now.

Current car
    Peugeot 5008 Allure Premium
    Previous Cars
    VW Touran SEL

#144220 Reply
    Gary

Am I reading it right that the VW Touran 1.5 SEL DSG is now 2.5k more than it was in Q4 last year?

#144222 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Overall I think it’s been a positive Q2. Of course a few big increases but more than offset by falling AP’s on many. Food for thought for those able to place an order this time around.

#144223 Reply
    John Newton

My Mercedes dealer let me order early too, I noticed today my spec version isn’t on anymore I’m getting B200 premium plus

#144226 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

My Mercedes dealer let me order early too, I noticed today my spec version isn’t on anymore I’m getting B200 premium plus

Have you now got the car/motability approved your order?

Previous Motability Cars

#144264 Reply
    Dante

Wow in 24 years a a Motsbility customer I’ve never heard that – and whenever asked a dealer it’s been a blank “no” they have to work from the current quarters AP’s.
    ive obviously lost any negotiating  skills I might have had – otherwise I’d have asked the dealer to do the £795 AP on the car I wanted instead of the £2545 AP it is today

my mistake I should’ve placed  an order before today on the proviso that it’d be dependent on a full test drive after 12/4 when dealerships open again – life and  learn (in theory)

realky happy for those that have been able to place flexible orders with caveats but until I read this thread – I’d never known it happen tbh

#144267 Reply
    John Newton

Hi @Intranicity my official order date was beginning of September but as well as covid delays there was trouble getting supplies of the sunroof, so my dealer ordered it to come near my handover date at the beginning of December. Well thanks to more delays it’s currently waiting to get on a ship in Belgium in fact it’s probably on it, I’m hopefully going to get it in about ten days. I will believe it when I’m able to have my first arguement with the Mbux system, I’m going to try for some money off the AP

#144268 Reply
    Zed

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I have a call arranged with volvo tomorrow regarding the xc40z motab confirmed i should get my paperwork by may 22 as thats when i enter my last three months.

</p>
    my only concern is if i wait till june 1st prices could change esp considering the drop this month on the phev. But this will also shorten the window for build and delivery so its likely ill place my order this month to get a build date etc and than complete the paperwork when i can.

#144269 Reply
    Kev

Q2 will go to end June, so should be no change in AP  if the dealer agreed to order car this week,you would still have to pay the AP, if it changed , on may 22 prices as that is the date of the application not before ,dealer has no choice about the AP

#144271 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I have never known prices to change during a quarter.  The price on April 1st will be the same as June 30th.

#144272 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

I have never known prices to change during a quarter. The price on April 1st will be the same as June 30th.

Agree, but lately, there have been numerous occasions where cars have been removed during a quarter, that’s the biggest problem!

Previous Motability Cars

#144277 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I have never known prices to change during a quarter. The price on April 1st will be the same as June 30th.

Agree, but lately, there have been numerous occasions where cars have been removed during a quarter, that’s the biggest problem!

Exactly. In the example I gave, where I ordered our current car two months earlier than Motability officially allow, I ordered in Jan when the three month order window opened in March, so in the same quarter. The risk I took was that the car could have been removed from the scheme before March. Had my order window opened in April then even if I had ordered in March, just one month early, I would have run the risk of the car being removed plus the chance that the AP might have changed by the time that the order could be placed on the Motability system (as it’s a different quarter) and, as we know, you are tied to the AP at that stage. If the AP has dropped then you are quids in, but if it has gone up you can’t avoid it unless you cancel the order. That’s why I said that I’m happy ordering early in the same quarter as my order window opens, but wouldn’t risk ordering in the previous quarter.

#144319 Reply
    Lee Bengough

Here is CItroën Price List

https://www.citroen.co.uk/content/dam/citroen/uk/b2c/tools/brochure/pdf/price-lists/Motability-Pricelist.pdf

Please Note Deposits for the C3 Aircross is for current stock models only The New 2021 model prices will be released early April.

Good deal on the 1.2 130 Automatic £295 if your happy to have the current model and a limited colour choice.

#144457 Reply
    Dale Blagden

Does anyone know of a Ford dealership that has the Kuga ST Line Auto 190 diesel (Solar Silver colour) in stock and available ASAP. I’m currently in a courtesy car and need to change! My local dealership has no stock and is a factory order
    of around 4 months!

#144472 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

From the Ford.co.uk website it is possible to search for stocks cars. Auto trader could be your friend too.

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 147 total)
Reply To: Q2 News and Prices
Your information: