discounts and cash back deals

This topic contains 402 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  JS (justsaying) 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Nick

<p style=”text-align: left;”>So it’s that time of month again well quater so let’s post all the found deals in here. I Did start one off in motability Facebook and got told off by them and informed I’m not allowed to do that lol. Never mind I know it’s all good in here……</p>
    So Marshall v.w 250 off

Listers mini 399 off selected cars.

It’s hard to find them all as many are still updating so pass on what you know ladies and gents.

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 402 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Brydo

Thanks 👍😆

Boo

Does anyone know of any Mini AP discounts in the southeast?

Teddy

If anyone is considering a DS7 Sportback, the DS dealer in Poole Dorset is offering a huge £1000 off the advance payment off the 180ps petrol automatic. From £2999 to £1999!

It’s on their website and I’ve had it confirmed over the phone that it’s still available.

Philjb

Marshal VW Reading, was offering £350 off when I got mine in December, they said they were continuing the same in jan for motability customers.

Paul

Stoneacre kia Durham giving £100 cashback. Ask for Richard.

Trev

Marshal VW Reading, was offering £350 off when I got mine in December, they said they were continuing the same in jan for motability customers.

Good post Philjb,

The offer of £350 off all models is running for the whole of Q1, Marshalls South Oxford is doing the same deal on the same terms.

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

JIM

Hi Kelly

Is there any discounts of extras? Looking at X1 xline with about £1400 worth of extras. In the past Berry’s heathrow have offered 20% but am yet to hear from them. Many thanks

lee murphy

Looking For 5008 Motability offers thnx in advance

Trev

Not heard of any Lee, but what i have heard is demand is exceptionally high for the 5008 generally, and they are moving production plant, thus delivery times could be longer than normal. June is being bantered around as the current delivery date if ordered now.

Matthew

I live in Southampton and will be ordering a VW Tiguan Allspace.  Both my local dealers will not shift on the AP price but if this £350 is still available in reading then itit certainly worth the drive to order and pickup the car.

My question is, if I buy from a dealer 40 miles from my home, what happens for my servicing and any repairs?  Do I have to take it back to my original dealer or can I get this done at the local VW dealer instead?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Trev

Hi Matthew, I used to live in Southampton – small world.

Certainly worth a trip to Reading for the £350 off, but check what the dealers order allocation slots are like before committing. VW dealers only have a number of slots available to them, to place an order – if they are full it maybe sometime before they can place your order with the factory, leading in delays. Just something to bear in mind.

To answer you question, you have to be present at the supplying dealer to place the order, and of course to collect the car. Once collected you can have repairs, servicing, etc done at any motability approved dealership in the UK.

I speak from experience on this as we had a Seat Leon supplied by a dealer in Poole, we then moved house to Oxfordshire where a dealer there met our repairs and servicing needs.

Good luck, and if you have any further questions or need clarification on anything, just shout.

Matthew

Thanks for the reply Trev, that is all very useful to know.  I will contact Reading and enquire about the allocation slots as I’m not sure I can cope with my current C4 grand picasso any longer then I have to! So the lead time would probably make a difference to me if it was significant.

Honestly I would have never even thought to have asked for a discount before I found this forum recently so I am very grateful for everything I have learned here whatever the outcome for me.  Thanks again.

Trev

No problem Matthew,

Tell you what i did when i had a shortlist of 2 cars i wanted – i went on the to manufacturers website and emailed all dealers i was prepared to travel to, asking them if they had any discounts, but also what the lead times were and if they had any cancelled orders – if so what colour, trim, etc.

It just gave me a complete picture of what my options were, and if there were any models out there for immediate collection. In my case there were a couple, but they were top trims with AP’s i couldn’t afford – but certainly was worth an ask.

Oh and BTW, if you go with Marshall’s, or anyone else that offers cashback, don’t stop there – ask if they can throw in mats, bootliner, tank of fuel – they can only say no, or compromise on half a tank 🙂

Keep us updated on how you get on Matthew.

FloozW

I have never managed to get a discount on AP or any extras, but have often asked.  Is there a knack to it?  Or is it simply that some dealers set everything in stone, while others … ?

JS (justsaying)

When asking and knocked back have you tried the “is it because I is disabled” line lol. There must be some advantages.

all joking aside I tend to set a Bottom Line of say £300 less than the AP and go from there, I always leave my number and walk away with them thinking it’s over my budget, after the test drive (if I want it) I again tell them I do like it but it’s over budget “shame I’ll think about it”

I always go with paperwork in hand just in case, some will see the sales manager and move a bit and I hope to meet in the middle.

that said it’s all on the dealership and there sales that month/year some simply don’t need the sales so won’t budge, the key thing is to have fun and enjoy the haggle, if your not comfortable and it takes you out your comfort zone then be resigned to paying that price, your not losing out if the car suits your requirements and your happy with it.

less and less discounts are available since Motability informed All dealerships not to offer discounts.

FloozW
    Participant

Thanks JS, too late this time (I did try for just a little bit…), but will remember for next time!

Trev

Another tip FloozW, is to look at all dealers you are prepared to travel to via the manufacturers website, and email them with your requirements asking on availability and offers.

If one gives an offer, but you would prefer to go more local, print the email off and ask the dealer to match it.

All sounds rather easy, but in reality it doesn’t always work that way.

With our recent CX-5 we only secured premium mats and half a tank of fuel, but the service was excellent, and the car was supplied 3 weeks to the day of order. We couldn’t have been more happy.

FloozW
    Participant

Thanks Trev, I’ll remember that too.  It’s always nice to get a ‘little extra’, although I generally buy from the person/dealer who has been the most friendly/professional hoping that it will continue after my purchase – it doesn’t always work though.

Trev

No probs FloozW, that is key, low stress, easy, pleasant, and quick process must always be considered along with any discount.

When it comes for our time to renew, 1st looking will be to see what Mazda has to offer with a view to return to that same dealership. Brilliant they were – even had a courtesy call a week after collecting the car to ensure everything was ok.

72 Dudes

Another tip FloozW, is to look at all dealers you are prepared to travel to via the manufacturers website, and email them with your requirements asking on availability and offers.

If one gives an offer, but you would prefer to go more local, print the email off and ask the dealer to match it.

All sounds rather easy, but in reality it doesn’t always work that way.

With our recent CX-5 we only secured premium mats and half a tank of fuel, but the service was excellent, and the car was supplied 3 weeks to the day of order. We couldn’t have been more happy.

Great stuff Trev, I’ll be putting this into practice next time we change.

mitch
    Participant

/www.stratstonechesterfieldmini.co.uk/about/news/exclusive-motability-offer/

stratstone mini chesterfield have nil ap plus £500 cashback on various models till 31 march.

i had my mini from them and the service was v good.

dont know if its all stratstones.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  mitch.

Fabian

Hi all

I have called many many dealers to get a discount of the latest Citroen C5-Aircross and no dealer was willing to budge. Same old boring line that Peugeot gave me when looking into 3008 “sorry the AP amount is set by motability and we have no flexibility to discount it.  Another popular line is that the dealership only gets a handling fee and there is nothing in it for them. (Perhaps it’s true; though, I find it difficult to believe)

Speaking to Elaine at Wilmoths of Dartford I got a different tune; this time more friendlier and far more eager to help and friendly. She even calls her regional manager  after I insist that other companies offer discounts then gets back to me that there is no discount available  a Citroen loyalty program if you have driven a Citroen until now you can get a £150- check. Might not be a big deal, it also might not be helpful to someone who is driving a Toyota; Nevertheless it is a breath of fresh air to treated by someone who is eager to help

01322524555 Elaine

Stewart

My son is looking to order his Audi this month. Has anyone ever managed to get any discount on the extras from them as so far the dealers are saying no.

Rodriguez3
    Participant

Awesome idea nick..thanks

Online Car and Motorcycle Lights, Parking Sensor, Starter Battery and Seat Heater

Stewart

Got back from Audi in Doncaster and was given 50% off the comfort pack on a Q2.

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 402 total)

The topic ‘discounts and cash back deals’ is closed to new replies.