Q1 Pricing and information – New Motability prices 1st January 2021

• Creator
    Topic
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

With 2021 just around the corner, a ‘bobby dazzler’ of a trade deal with the EU just to be announced and Ms Truss touring the world hoovering up deals as she collects pictures of herself standing in front of flags, it seems the perfect opportunity to discuss all things Motability Q1 prices and availability.

I guess the best we can hope for is that prices don’t go up too much and not too much is knocked off the top in terms of the more expensive vehicles.

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 227 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Markymate
      Participant

Hi everyone, apologies if I am asking this on the wrong topic however does anyone have Nathan’s email address? I have been following this chat for a while now and have noticed he is able to provide members with a discount on AP. Thank you in advance for your help. Zak

Hi Zak, I think Nathan is off for next couple of weeks. Azar Khan is the Motability man at Euro Seat. He is a top bloke, friendly and helpful.  Here’s his email, Azar.khan@thejcbgroup.co.uk

Zak

Hi Marky, That’s fantastic! Thank you very much for your help!

Markymate
          Participant

My pleasure Zak. I hope, like me they sort you a great deal.

Rico
            Participant

Trying to be balanced, I have now checked everything that was on my shortlist in Q4 against the Q1 list (as it stands) and concluded that, for me personally, it could have been a lot worse. The biggest downer for me is the loss of the BMW 320i Touring as IMO that was the best car on the scheme by some margin. Thankfully the 318i Touring remains though (no change in AP), which is still a 2.0 litre albeit a bit less power. The X1 remains and the one I would get (2.0i XLine 4WD) is the same AP as in Q4. All the Audi Q3’s that some people strangely suggested would disappear in Q1 within weeks of having joined the scheme have, as predicted, remained with no change in AP’s The VW Tiguans all remain at the same AP’s and the 1.5 TSi Elegance is now the stand out bargain for a good sized very well equipped SUV at £1,949 albeit it’s 2WD . I am still hopeful that the 2.0TSi 190PS 4WD Elegance might appear when it launches in the UK and before we change, especially if it will only be £2,499 AP as originally intended The Ford Kuga 2.0 190PS ST-Line X 4WD has returned and at the same AP as when it was last available. The Honda CR-V 2.0 Hybrid 4WD in SR trim remains, albeit up by £250. Whilst not on my shortlist, Toyota RAV-4’s, although dated and only in 2WD, are decent sized and well equipped SUV’s and remains at the same AP’s. Although the Volvo XC40 is on my short list, I really don’t like the look of it and fear it will be too small for us, so if I selfishly had to pick one car on my list that I wouldn’t lose sleep about massive hikes in AP’s then it would be this one and, sadly, that has happened. I feel very sorry for anyone who had their heart set on this though, as the AP hikes are significant. So, as I say, trying to be positive, from my personal and admittedly selfish perspective, it could have been a lot worse and certainly wasn’t the apocalyptic quarter that some predicted.

Sorry to break you bubble bud, but for the last 3 years all 318 petrol engines in all bmw’s is their crappy 1.5 3 pot engine, which in my honest opinion is worse mpg than the 2.0 petrols from them in real world use, I got rid of my 318i touring old style early because of its appalling mpg, drivability.. and when it was in for work twice they gave me a 2.0i petrol touring as cover so I know from experience.

Georgie

BMW Gran Coupe has now priced itself into the stratosphere.

The big Mazda CX 30 I fancied has gone, as has the fast Ford Focus.

The Mini Countryman I like is up by ‘only’ £50 to £999 and the Ford Puma I am also leaning towards has stayed the same at £845.

Both still well over the £600 g.c.b., though.  :-\

Glos Guy
                Participant

Trying to be balanced, I have now checked everything that was on my shortlist in Q4 against the Q1 list (as it stands) and concluded that, for me personally, it could have been a lot worse. The biggest downer for me is the loss of the BMW 320i Touring as IMO that was the best car on the scheme by some margin. Thankfully the 318i Touring remains though (no change in AP), which is still a 2.0 litre albeit a bit less power. The X1 remains and the one I would get (2.0i XLine 4WD) is the same AP as in Q4. All the Audi Q3’s that some people strangely suggested would disappear in Q1 within weeks of having joined the scheme have, as predicted, remained with no change in AP’s The VW Tiguans all remain at the same AP’s and the 1.5 TSi Elegance is now the stand out bargain for a good sized very well equipped SUV at £1,949 albeit it’s 2WD . I am still hopeful that the 2.0TSi 190PS 4WD Elegance might appear when it launches in the UK and before we change, especially if it will only be £2,499 AP as originally intended The Ford Kuga 2.0 190PS ST-Line X 4WD has returned and at the same AP as when it was last available. The Honda CR-V 2.0 Hybrid 4WD in SR trim remains, albeit up by £250. Whilst not on my shortlist, Toyota RAV-4’s, although dated and only in 2WD, are decent sized and well equipped SUV’s and remains at the same AP’s. Although the Volvo XC40 is on my short list, I really don’t like the look of it and fear it will be too small for us, so if I selfishly had to pick one car on my list that I wouldn’t lose sleep about massive hikes in AP’s then it would be this one and, sadly, that has happened. I feel very sorry for anyone who had their heart set on this though, as the AP hikes are significant. So, as I say, trying to be positive, from my personal and admittedly selfish perspective, it could have been a lot worse and certainly wasn’t the apocalyptic quarter that some predicted.

Sorry to break you bubble bud, but for the last 3 years all 318 petrol engines in all bmw’s is their crappy 1.5 3 pot engine, which in my honest opinion is worse mpg than the 2.0 petrols from them in real world use, I got rid of my 318i touring old style early because of its appalling mpg, drivability.. and when it was in for work twice they gave me a 2.0i petrol touring as cover so I know from experience.

They have obviously learnt from their mistake, as the new 318i is most definitely now a 1998cc four cylinder. BMW technical spec on website confirms

https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/all-models/3-series/touring/2020/technical-data.html

Michael

Well that suck..

The A220d is no longer available on the Mercedes range.

Rico
                    Participant

They have obviously learnt from their mistake, as the new 318i is most definitely now a 1998cc four cylinder. BMW technical spec on website confirms

I stand corrected, will be lucky for some, I did notice one positive, but still out of my price range the HYUNDAI KONA ELECTRIC HATCHBACK 150KW PREMIUM SE (upto 300 mile range all electric has dropped nearlly 1000 to 4000, still to pricey for me).

JS
                      Participant

nothing on the list to make me change (due to end of jan) looks like im ringing monday to extend.

fwippers
                        Participant

Possibly the wise decision for many, wait and see.

John Morris

To be fair there are a few really good deals still to be had. T-rocs and golfs are excellent prices as are the Leons and the most of the Atecas. All mg models are very well priced and for the premium stuff any merc between 2k and 3k is pretty good value.

Dave

By sheer fluke I ordered BMW 3 Series Touring 2.0 Litre on Thursday last week !

Looks like I was lucky 🙂

Dave

Glos Guy
                              Participant

By sheer fluke I ordered BMW 3 Series Touring 2.0 Litre on Thursday last week ! Looks like I was lucky 🙂 Dave

Nobody likes a smug ‘bar steward’ Dave 😂 Well done though. You bagged the best car on the scheme IMO which is sadly no more. Secretly hoping that my wife will find the 318i Touring too low / difficult to get in and out of compared to the SUV’s we have had for years, so that I won’t have ‘320i envy’ for 3 years! I will just have to console myself that having had a 525i, 530d and even a 750i over the years I can still, to a degree, look down my nose at you 320i drivers 😂 . On a serious note, I’m sure you won’t regret the decision. I had several 320d Tourings much earlier in my career and all were superb. The newer ones will be even better.

Matthew

I agree it’s a shame the the larger of the 2.litre bmw 3 series is no longer on the list … has anyone got the 318i and if so what do they think of it

Glos Guy
                                  Participant

I agree it’s a shame the the larger of the 2.litre bmw 3 series is no longer on the list … has anyone got the 318i and if so what do they think of it

I’d be interested as well, but only those with the current model as until recently it had a smaller capacity 3 cylinder engine that didn’t get universally good reviews. As you say, they have reverted to a 2 litre 4 Cylinder engine now.

Pablo

The new A/P’s have killed many of my choices.  Looks like a Kodiaq unless I can persuade VW to do a Sharan deal…massive A/P leap on that one.

Aygo1991
                                      Participant

The new A/P’s have killed many of my choices. Looks like a Kodiaq unless I can persuade VW to do a Sharan deal…massive A/P leap on that one.

I don’t see why not as production of the Sharan has stopped and no direct replacement is due anytime soon.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
                                        2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
                                        2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport
                                        2023 Nissan Qashqai e-Power N-Connecta

whiteswan
                                        Participant

By sheer fluke I ordered BMW 3 Series Touring 2.0 Litre on Thursday last week ! Looks like I was lucky 🙂 Dave

Nobody likes a smug ‘bar steward’ Dave 😂 Well done though. You bagged the best car on the scheme IMO which is sadly no more. Secretly hoping that my wife will find the 318i Touring too low / difficult to get in and out of compared to the SUV’s we have had for years, so that I won’t have ‘320i envy’ for 3 years! I will just have to console myself that having had a 525i, 530d and even a 750i over the years I can still, to a degree, look down my nose at you 320i drivers 😂 . On a serious note, I’m sure you won’t regret the decision. I had several 320d Tourings much earlier in my career and all were superb. The newer ones will be even better.

Hi – not smug just lucky !

It’s replacing a Tarraco that’s only 15 months old – but had huge problems with the vehicle since I got it – neither myself nor Motability could get the dealer to resolve the many problems so they agreed to an early termination……..

I was struggling to find a vehicle with a remote tailgate that closed as well as opened from the fob – they are rare !!

Dave

Clipped wings

Congrats Dave, superb car. If only I could get out of one! Got to grab these opportunities. I see the Allspace has now disappeared  and mine is further delayed until at least feb. At least it has a tailgate that swings both ways. Sorry to hear you had problems with your German built Tarraco. Replaced a 3 series with a golf Gtdi many moons ago and had to reject it for its many faults. Back to bmw for many more years of happy ownership. Perhaps Wolfsburg management are harsh. Hans, you have fickened up again. For you, it is the Tarraco production line!

ScottishMW

I decided to order a Thunder Grey Volvo XC40 R-Dreign B4AWD in Oct and collected it a couple of days before xmas and i’m very very happy with it. I’ve had BMW’s for years but my X1 25d M-Sport was getting on for 4.5 years old and over 85,000 miles so had to go soon anyway. I do like the 3 series but it’s too low for me to get in and out of comfortably and would be a lesser spec and much slower than my current car too. The Volvo is expensive but its a very nice car to drive, has a few toys (not as much std as i would like) and the seats are amazing compared to the BMW and at 190 bhp it has plenty punch. I will miss the X1 and BMW’s but i’m very pleased with the XC40.

Johntheleg

Just to let everyone know, after talking with my local Hyundai dealer yesterday, he informs me an updated Q1 price list showing the New Tucson will be out shortly. He will give me a call when he receives it.

After watching a few reviews on YouTube taken in Switzerland and Ireland it looks and sounds a good car.  Good space in the rear seating area.

Participant

Just to let everyone know, after talking with my local Hyundai dealer yesterday, he informs me an updated Q1 price list showing the New Tucson will be out shortly. He will give me a call when he receives it. After watching a few reviews on YouTube taken in Switzerland and Ireland it looks and sounds a good car. Good space in the rear seating area.

Cannot wait, really wanted one but went for an EV instead but its never too late to change lol

----------------------------
                                                  KIA Soul EV First Edition
                                                  Scale modeller in my spare time

Rico
                                                  Participant

I think it’s for all show. they can say that they offered PHEVs and Battery vehicles,Mobutu the uptake was poor. they will now only pay the cost of fitting a home charger for Battery only, not PHEVs They get better discounts from fossil fuel cars as Hybrids are all the rage currently. They seem not to choose to reduce the AP on hybrids.

there is a list that a lot of phevs are on, you can get a smart charger installed for £450 and the list is basically all the plug in hybrids that would qualify for 350 grant from the govt for install, so total of £100 should be factored in to your purchase link to list

MICHAEL WOOD

Can anyone help please  we have been waiting for a tiguan 190 hp r line petrol since last year. Been told its vw not releasing data so we know cost and letting us order our 2021 car. Our extended Kadjar runs out end of April this year. Any news guys please or were else can I write to. Many thanks.

Glos Guy
                                                      Participant

Can anyone help please we have been waiting for a tiguan 190 hp r line petrol since last year. Been told its vw not releasing data so we know cost and letting us order our 2021 car. Our extended Kadjar runs out end of April this year. Any news guys please or were else can I write to. Many thanks.

Hi Michael. I’m not sure that I understand your question. Do you have a tracking number from Volkswagen? The dealer that you ordered from should have given you one. If not, use the online chat feature on the Volkswagen UK website and ask them to provide it for you. Once you have an order number, you can check the status of your order on the Volkswagen website. The other thing to check is the Motability website to make sure that the order was registered with them. As the 190hp R-Line is no longer on the scheme (and, if I am correct, hasn’t been since the facelifted model was launched) you should have received it months ago (no later than a month or so after the facelift model launched). If the dealer and or VW cannot give you a tracker number then regrettably it could be that the dealer never placed your order with VW, in which case you will need to choose a new car (as the 190 R Line is no longer available through Motability).

This problem comes up quite regularly as people mistakenly think that completing an order form with a dealer constitutes an order being placed, when the reality is that dealers have monthly or quarterly allocations of each model of car and will often not place the order with the manufacturer for a month or two (or in some cases even longer) after you ask them to. That’s why you need to chase them for a tracker number as until they give you one the chances are they have net even ordered it.

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 227 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.