Q1 Pricing and information – New Motability prices 1st January 2021

• Creator
    Topic
  • #132662 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

With 2021 just around the corner, a ‘bobby dazzler’ of a trade deal with the EU just to be announced and Ms Truss touring the world hoovering up deals as she collects pictures of herself standing in front of flags, it seems the perfect opportunity to discuss all things Motability Q1 prices and availability.

I guess the best we can hope for is that prices don’t go up too much and not too much is knocked off the top in terms of the more expensive vehicles.

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #134032 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Gradually the price list is falling into place and, as is normal, we are seeing some price rises and a few falls with many prices staying the same. In less than 24 hours we should see the list in its entirety and then, those who are able and eligible can make plans to select. The new year list is always one of the most significant and can be a moment of stress but nevertheless one of opportunity.

Well said. We certainly haven’t seen the apocalyptic changes that many were predicting. Seems very much business as usual to me. Most prices stable, a few up and a few down. The usual disappointments (most notably for me the loss of the BMW 320i Touring). Still living in hope (but probably in vain) for a pleasant surprise elsewhere though! Unless things change I can see us possibly extending our current lease for the first time or even bailing out of the scheme. Nothing is getting me excited so far!

#134034 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Very good standard spec on BMW 1 series

#134035 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

@Gloss Guy feel the same way. Three years ago was when the new caps were introduced and we got a lot more cars with better specs then previous years after the Daily Mail fall out. But there has been no movement since and the scheme seems to be getting sparser by the year with suitable cars.

Current car
    Peugeot 5008 Allure Premium
    Previous Cars
    VW Touran SEL

#134036 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Very good standard spec on BMW 1 series

Yes and having driven them they are as good as you will get in a small car, but sadly for too small for us.

#134037 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

@Gloss Guy feel the same way. Three years ago was when the new caps were introduced and we got a lot more cars with better specs then previous years after the Daily Mail fall out. But there has been no movement since and the scheme seems to be getting sparser by the year with suitable cars.

Yes, extremely disappointing that the price caps don’t seem to have been increased, as this is long overdue and Q1 is the most sensible time to do it. Keeping them the same for years on end just means less and less choice.

#134039 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Looks like the BMW 3 Series saloon has disappeared off the scheme.

#134040 Reply
    Harry

Leon and Ateca best two cars again advanced payment wise this quarter?

#134046 Reply
    Southamman

Compared to what?

everything is extra compared to other models from otger companies.

compare the X1 to the Tiguan, the Seat Ateca, the Škoda Karin, the Kua and Hyundai models too.

#134047 Reply
    Southamman

The golf loojs good too

#134050 Reply
    Mike11

Those young Leon’s FR or excellence 1.5 mild hybrid dsg just £495 each !,

#134052 Reply
    rico

EEKK BMW will loose some sales, there 1.5 3 pot is so pants, especially in larger ones, ooof

#134053 Reply
    Mike11

Sorry to ask but has the Seat Leon FR got folding mirrors which fold when you lock the car ?

#134055 Reply
    Southamman

Just looking at the spec now and that’s a yes: over SE it gets:

MReady to take the wheel in style? While 17″ alloy wheels and full LED headlights with dynamic turning signals provide an elegant touch to the exterior, three-zone climate control and ambient lighting keep things cool in the interior.
    Model shown: Leon 5dr FR in Desire Red metallic paint.
    In addition to the SE Dynamic trim
    Wheels and tyres
    • 17″ Dynamic bi-spoke alloy wheels with 225/45 R17 91W tyres
    Exterior equipment
    • Door mirrors (electrically adjustable, folding and heated)
    • LED Headlights with dynamic turn signals
    • Rain sensing wipers
    • Separate daytime running light with
    automatic headlight control and
    Coming Home feature (automatic) • FR Sports bumpers
    Infotainment
    • USB Type C (x4 – 2 in front, 2 in rear) • Wireless phone charger
    Interior equipment
    • Ambient lighting
    Functional and mechanical
    • Three zone climate control • SEAT drive profile selection
    – Four different modes (Normal-Sport-Eco-Individual)
    – Throttle response – Gear shifts mode
    (only DSG models) • Sports suspension

#134056 Reply
    Markymate

Emailed Nathan at Euro Seat about changing my FR order to the FR sport, not thinking he’d reply until after the weekend, but he replied within minutes. Orders gone through to the factory but he’ll see if they can change the order before the build date is confirmed.  So pleased I went with them, discount and great service. How many dealers are replying to their customers on new years eve at this time.

I’ve got just about everything crossed!!

Happy new year to you all.

#134057 Reply
    Southamman

Excellence gets:

Your new Leon XCELLENCE oozes class with a host of features designed to keep life simple. Enter with your keys in your pocket with keyless entry and start, then get nice and comfy with electrically heated and adjustable front seats, electric mirrors. There’s a risk you may not want to get out again.
    Model shown: Leon 5dr XCELLENCE in Urban Silver metallic paint.
    In addition to the SE Dynamic trim
    Wheels and tyres
    • 17″ alloy wheels with 225/45 R17 91W tyres
    Exterior equipment
    • Door mirrors (electrically adjustable, folding, heated and memory)
    • LED Headlights with dynamic turn signals, LED tailights and rear fog lights with rear coast to coast lighting
    • Separate daytime running light with automatic headlight control and Coming Home feature (automatic)
    Infotainment
    • USB Type C (x4 – 2 in front, 2 in rear) • Wireless phone charger
    Seats and trim
    • Heated front seats
    • Leather, heated steering wheel (gearshift paddles replace leather gearstick on DSGs)
    *Price is for Leon 5dr XCELLENCE 1.5 TSI EVO 130PS.
    1 Not available on eTSI engine.
    • Microsuede upholstery
    • Powered driver seat with memory
    and manual height-adjustment
    for passenger1
    • Powered lumbar adjustment on driver
    side, manual on passenger side1
    • Three zone climate control • Rear view camera
    • SEAT drive profile selection
    – Four different modes (Normal-Sport-Eco-Individual)
    – Throttle response – Gear shifts mode
    (only DSG models)
    Safety and security
    • KESSY Advanced:
    (Keyless start, keyless entry)

#134059 Reply
    Mike11

My goodness the excellence has a lot standard

#134060 Reply
    Southamman

The lux version gets the following in top:

excellence lux

In addition to the XCELLENCE trim
    Wheels and tyres
    • 18″ Aerodynamic Performance alloy wheels (Nuclear grey) with 225/40 R18 92Y XL tyres
    Interior equipment
    • Interior Wraparound lighting
    Seats and trim
    • Leather upholstery
    • Virtual pedal with electric tailgate (Estate only) Safety and security
    • Safety and Driving Pack (M)
    – Dynamic road sign display
    – High Beam Assist
    – Predictive and adaptive cruise
    control with follow to stop and speed limiter

^Virtual Pedal on Estate only.

#134061 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

no i3/i3s

#134067 Reply
    Southamman

Fr sport 9ver FR also gets:

In addition to the FR trim
    Wheels and tyres
    • 18″ Performance machined alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 92Y tyres
    Exterior equipment
    • Door mirrors (electrically adjustable, folding, heated and memory)
    Interior equipment
    • Interior Wraparound lighting
    Seats and trim
    • Heated front seats
    • Leather, heated steering wheel
    (gearshift paddles replace leather
    gearstick on DSGs)
    • Microsuede upholstery
    • Powered driver seat with memory
    and manual height-adjustment
    for passenger1
    • Powered lumbar adjustment on driver
    side, manual on passenger side1

#134069 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

The BMW SE trim is their lowest. However the Sport and MSport models are very well spec’d.

#134071 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

The loss of the 3-Series saloon and i3 are surprising and depressing to read and the fact that the range-topping Kia Stonic has a £3,000 AP is simply shocking!

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#134073 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

The loss of the 3-Series saloon and i3 are surprising and depressing to read and the fact that the range-topping Kia Stonic has a £3,000 AP is simply shocking!

I agree. The 318i Sport Touring remains, but it’s very odd that it’s the sole 3 Series variant. Seems hardly worth it, but I’m glad it’s there as it now replaces the 320i Sport Touring on my short list. Still a 2.0 engine, but with 28hp and 50nm torque less than the 320i. It’s £300 less than the 320i was, but I’d rather pay the £300 and have the better engine. Still waiting to see what Audi and Volvo produce. At this rate might even have to look at the Honda CR-V if it remains, although I know very little about them and they never seem to be mentioned on this forum. I suppose if any new manufacturers were to join (e.g. Land Rover) we would have heard by now? Turning into quite a dull quarter, but at least not a catastrophic one as many had predicted.

#134074 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

I’m pretty sure BMW (and other car manufacturer’s for that matter) will add further models & trims as the days go by. They always do each & every quarter. What isn’t there today probably will be in a week or two.

#134075 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

On a positive note, the 190PS 4WD Auto ST-Line X Kuga has returned and at the same AP as it was before it was removed (£2,695). It’s a diesel though, which the Mrs isn’t keen on next time. The 225PS plug-in Petrol Hybrid is also added, in the same trim, but at a premium of £1,250 over the diesel. I read a very positive review of the Kuga with that engine other day, so may need to look at that as well.

#134076 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I’m pretty sure BMW (and other car manufacturer’s for that matter) will add further models & trims as the days go by. They always do each & every quarter. What isn’t there today probably will be in a week or two.

That’s true. I think VW might do that with the 190PS 2.0TSi 4WD Tiguan, as it was due to come on the scheme in Q4 but still hasn’t been released in the UK yet. What the logic would be in removing the 320i to then add it back again I don’t know though. In addition to the missing 320i my biggest disappointment remains the fact that the price caps appear, yet again, not to have increased. This is way overdue now and, with inflation, means that we have gone backwards since they were introduced. I can’t help but feel that all the panic about a possible no deal put everything on hold. Perhaps Q2 might be a bit more interesting?

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 227 total)
Reply To: Reply #134046 in Q1 Pricing and information – New Motability prices 1st January 2021
Your information: